Want this in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

MinerTurtle45

Official Terrarian
Hi! This is my second suggestion on the forums (hopefully it will be more well received than the last one, being a (probably) better idea).
So, you know the Flower of Fire, the magic weapon that mimics Mario's fireballs, and it's upgrade, the Flower of Frost, and "upgrade" that does less damage then it the Cursed Flames spell book? Well, they have a unique way of attacking that i actually quite like, and was sad to see never used again. I feel like there should be another upgrade to it.
That brings me to this suggestion.

Flower of Power
index.php
(Thanks to @652Graystripe and @SnailsAttack!)
Crafted with a Flower of Fire, Flower of Frost, 30(?) Ectoplasm, and 30(?) Cursed Flames (Maybe also 1 Nature's Gift, but combining weapons and an accessory is kind of weird)
Uses 15 Mana
Use Time: 19 (like all the other fireball weapons)
78 magic damage
4% Crit chance (again, same as the other fireball weapons)
8.5 knockback
Has a chance to inflict On Fire!, Frostburn, or Cursed Inferno.
I'll leave everything else to the devs

There! Hope you guys like it!

Last edited:
Hi! This is my second suggestion on the forums (hopefully it will be more well received than the last one, being a (probably) better idea).
So, you know the Flower of Fire, the magic weapon that mimics Mario's fireballs, and it's upgrade, the Flower of Frost, and "upgrade" that does less damage then it the Cursed Flames spell book? Well, they have a unique way of attacking that i actually quite like, and was sad to see never used again. I feel like there should be another upgrade to it.
That brings me to this suggestion.

Flower of Power
[sprite needed, is a purple, less uniform version of the FoF]
Crafted with a Flower of Fire, Flower of Frost, 30(?) Ectoplasm, and 30(?) Cursed Flames (Maybe also 1 Nature's Gift, but combining weapons and an accessory is kind of weird)
Uses 15 Mana
Use Time: 19 (like all the other fireball weapons)
78 magic damage
4% Crit chance (again, same as the other fireball weapons)
8.5 knockback
Has a chance to inflict On Fire!, Frostburn, or Cursed Inferno.
I'll leave everything else to the devs

There! Hope you guys like it!

I like that idea! :D

Sounds fine, but I'm not fond of the recipe. I agree that it shouldn't have an accessory, Nature's Gift, in the recipe of a weapon. Also if you use cursed flame in the recipe, it will limit it to just Corrupt worlds, and I'm not sure it's needed.

Sounds fine, but I'm not fond of the recipe. I agree that it shouldn't have an accessory, Nature's Gift, in the recipe of a weapon. Also if you use cursed flame in the recipe, it will limit it to just Corrupt worlds, and I'm not sure it's needed.
Didn't think about the Cursed Flames being Corruption-only, maybe it needs a Crimson version.

maybe it could use Cursed Flames (weapon)/Ichor Shower in the recipe instead of the Cursed Flames (item)

and for the cursed flames verson it can fire all 3 fireballs
while the crimson one fires a new ichor fireball along with the other two

i dont know anymore

good suggestion though

Flower_of_Power.png
Here, have a sprite. It's not the worst thing I've ever done to someone.
All I ask for is a credit somewhere.

As for the idea - I'm generally a fan of giving weapons later-game updates, so I support the core sentiment of this weapon. My only beef with it is that it could be more individual rather than another flower - consider the vilethorn, crystal vile shard and nettle burst, or the water bolt and magical harp.

EDIT: SnailsAttack fixed it, use that one instead, I think my GIMP is broken because it's making everything look pale and unsaturated when I convert to PNG.

Last edited:
View attachment 173606

As for the idea - I'm generally a fan of giving weapons later-game updates, so I support the core sentiment of this weapon. My only beef with it is that it could be more individual rather than another flower - consider the vilethorn, crystal vile shard and nettle burst, or the water bolt and magical harp.

173688-8a8e63804e0362273b06688e0ff7f1a9.jpg.png

swoop

173688-8a8e63804e0362273b06688e0ff7f1a9.jpg.png

fwoop @652Graystripe

View attachment 173606

EDIT: SnailsAttack fixed it, use that one instead, I think my GIMP is broken because it's making everything look pale and unsaturated when I convert to PNG.
Wow, thanks! I actually forgot I made this suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom