Pixel Art Fluff's Art Sanctuary

Oh shoot I completely forgot about this. Not only that but I also didn't finish any art pieces this month :sigh:

Unfortunately, I have nothing to show here. But I have been working on a few projects, working on music and art, so I will say that I haven't just done nothing the entire month. Sorry if you were expecting something. Time really flies now that school has started.

Well, it seems like October is over. With that, the first quarter of school has ended. I don't want to hold off too long on the art batch this month because it's really big, so let's hop right into it

To start off, I finished one of my first drawings of Evvy. I wanted to try drawing in the amphibia style (mainly because I don't like my own style right now) and I think it turned out well. I should have flipped it while drawing it, however, as it looks really bad when flipped.
Evvy Amphibia Sketch.png

tall

Other than that, I finally finished a painting that I can say I'm proud of. This is of a fish species I thought up a while ago. They're pretty simple, but I think they look cool anyways.
20211028_141627.jpg

Along with that, I also started and finished a texture pack this month. Here's the link if you want to see it: Steam Workshop::Slimecats

And, finally, I also finished my first album! It doesn't have a specific theme, but there are 3 songs in there that I haven't posted here.

And with that, that's all I did this month. It feels nice to have a lot of things to actually show off for once. I also learned that I really missed spriting. Now that I have no project going on, I'm probably just going to work on developing my style. Currently I have a sketch sheet that I'm planning to expand on where I can draw ideas and test things out. I'm also still working on music, just at a slower pace than before.

Huh, it's almost been a year since I started doing these. I'm going to have to set up another "best of the year thing" aren't I? I have no idea what to do about the months where I haven't posted anything. This month went by fast but at the same time it was super painful for me personally. I won't get too into the details, but I am feeling better now.

Aside from that, I, uh...

Well, I'm speaking too soon. I have quite a bit that I've done, I just haven't completed any art pieces. I guess I could show some of that off. Soooooooooooooo...

Evvy first off has gone through a lot of changes. And I mean a lot. As seen in the image above, her hair was tied back. I also really had to figure out her hairline because it didn't really look that great. Here's what I got after a few weeks of work on her (the original design is on the left):
1638321654493.png

I also gave Sky some love. She pretty much looks the same as a lot of the ideas I had for her design didn't really work out, but I'm still happy with how this turned out:
1638321803971.png
Yeah, the hair on the right image could look a little better.

And finally, the girl who I've only drawn once, Rubi! The last time I drew her was over half a year ago, making her look pretty different now:
1638321923765.png

And finally, the last part of this sketching file:
1638321994136.png

You can see a lot of old designs here. This was drawn right as I started this sketch sheet, and you can see a lot of improvements. It was also right around the time where I had finished the slimecat texture pack, so you can see a lot of that here. As for the characters on the bottom, from left to right you have: Evvy, Sky, Rubi, Aqua, April's hair, and Florence. You can expect a lot more redesigns in the future. The project that I'm working on might be done in December although I doubt it, but if I'm not finished I'll post some images to spread the idea of it.

As you can see there, I've really been improving in my art style. I can't say it's exactly what I want right now, but I'm happy with it for how long I've been drawing. I also didn't realize that drawing pen tips got worn down and was surprised to find mine almost completely gone. I got it replaced, however so all is good. I've also been working on music recently, trying to make it sound more like other music instead of my standard loop-like style. Expect to see some of that in the future, maybe even in December.

And, with that, I wish you all a good night (or morning). For those few people who do actually see this, thank you. I really appreciate it!

Well, just like that the year has ended. A lot has happened within this time, both for me and for other people and I don't really want to get into it, but I do think it has been a good year. Christmas was enjoyable and I've been relaxing for the past week, so I don't really have much to share this month. However, I will be doing an overview of the year, so be prepared for that!

Depending on how you see it, I either did a lot this month or didn't do much at all. I wanted to do something for Christmas, and I decided to make a Christmas remix for the four songs I wrote this year! If you want to check out the album, you can see it here:

And here's the album cover that I drew for it:

Album Cover.png

If you don't know this character, her name is Florence. You can expect to see a lot more of her as time goes on. She was actually the character I used in the storm animation!

And with news on that project that I said I was working on, I decided to stop it. Mainly because I want to draw my own characters and not characters from games (which was what I was doing). It was fun for a bit but I wanted to do other things. However, I do want to try other people's characters soon! I have a few under my radar already.

And here's the overview of the year if you want to see it.
It has been over a year since I started doing this. It's cool to see the time fly by, and I believe I've gotten a lot better at organizing these. I'll stop stalling and get right to it!

January
February
March
April
Landscape 1.png
Bluelight Derpling.png
Interstellar Derpling.png
index.php
May
June
July
August
Beans.png
Evvy No Background.png
Aurora.png
September
October
November
December
20210421_210935.jpg
20211028_141627.jpg
1638321654493.png

A lot of art this year. You may notice that the piece in September wasn't actually done that month, but I didn't draw anything that month so I decided to put in another favorite of mine. It's really crazy to see how much my art has changed, both in style and in characters. You can really see how Evvy has changed, and I think that's a really cool feeling.

As we close off the year, I want to say I'm thankful for everyone who gave this thread some time. TCF isn't really a place for non-terraria stuff, so it really means a lot to me that some people are willing to keep looking at this. I have a lot of hopes for next year, so be prepared for more. Next year will be a really big year in my life, both for personal reasons and the fact that I'm going to be applying for college next year. With that, however, I wish you all a happy new year! (Unless it's already 2022 for you, then I wish you a happy current year.)

Bye!

Well, just like that the year has ended. A lot has happened within this time, both for me and for other people and I don't really want to get into it, but I do think it has been a good year. Christmas was enjoyable and I've been relaxing for the past week, so I don't really have much to share this month. However, I will be doing an overview of the year, so be prepared for that!

Depending on how you see it, I either did a lot this month or didn't do much at all. I wanted to do something for Christmas, and I decided to make a Christmas remix for the four songs I wrote this year! If you want to check out the album, you can see it here:

And here's the album cover that I drew for it:

View attachment 352513

If you don't know this character, her name is Florence. You can expect to see a lot more of her as time goes on. She was actually the character I used in the storm animation!

And with news on that project that I said I was working on, I decided to stop it. Mainly because I want to draw my own characters and not characters from games (which was what I was doing). It was fun for a bit but I wanted to do other things. However, I do want to try other people's characters soon! I have a few under my radar already.

And here's the overview of the year if you want to see it.
It has been over a year since I started doing this. It's cool to see the time fly by, and I believe I've gotten a lot better at organizing these. I'll stop stalling and get right to it!

January
February
March
April
index.php
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

A lot of art this year. You may notice that the piece in September wasn't actually done that month, but I didn't draw anything that month so I decided to put in another favorite of mine. It's really crazy to see how much my art has changed, both in style and in characters. You can really see how Evvy has changed, and I think that's a really cool feeling.

As we close off the year, I want to say I'm thankful for everyone who gave this thread some time. TCF isn't really a place for non-terraria stuff, so it really means a lot to me that some people are willing to keep looking at this. I have a lot of hopes for next year, so be prepared for more. Next year will be a really big year in my life, both for personal reasons and the fact that I'm going to be applying for college next year. With that, however, I wish you all a happy new year! (Unless it's already 2022 for you, then I wish you a happy current year.)

Bye!
I actually enjoy your music, and your Storm cover is on my playlist

Well, I almost forgot to do this but I got it in time, at least for me. A lot has happened this month for me personally, and I don't really need to get into detail about it, but I am doing alright. The new year started off poorly, but I did find the time to get some work done. I'm back at it again getting ideas that require way more effort that I can put into them!

I may not have too much to show, but there is a lot going on in the background. I've finished two songs for my next album, both of them being better than anything else I made, and I'm happy to announce that I'm starting on another texture pack! I don't want to disclose what it is exactly as details might change, but for now you get this spoiler:
Jellycat.gif

(I swear there's more to it than just jellycats)

The only other thing I've completed this month that I can show is a full character drawing! I haven't done too many of these, especially in my own style as I'm trying to find it right now, but I'm really happy with how this drawing turned out. Her name is Dawn Calico (I know, amazing name).
Dawn.png

Yes, she's a catgirl. I'm not a furry but my brain just decided to hyperfixate on cat thing recently.

And that's about it! I hope to finish my next album sometime soon so I can show off the work on it, as I'm really proud of it. Otherwise, I hope everyone else has a pleasant February! And I'm sorry if my writing seems a little bland. I've been having some trouble with it recently and I think it might just be a phase.

I haven't posted the art update for February because I have an album finished and I just need to finish the cover art. However, I ended up getting really sick right as March started and just haven't been able to do it, so there won't be an update for February. Sorry about that.

If you want, you can have a video of something else I've been working on:

I'll announce what it is next art batch, if I feel like I'm ready to.

Hehe

So I know I didn't do the art batch last month, but I believe this month will make up for it. Not only did I finish and release the album I was working on, I've also actually drawn stuff on my own! I really wouldn't have had much, if any, art from that month anyways. So, let me get on with the art from this month!

Art stuffs

So, this month after finishing the album cover I decided to try drawing some of my characters. It's really cool to see how my art has improved, and I'll probably draw more of these for my other characters in the future!

tired.png
ev.png
Sk.png

From left to right, the characters are Floura, Evvy, and Sky

I haven't ever put these next to each other and I think it's a little funny that I started drawing smaller for each one. That's always been a problem, ha.

Along with that, here's the link for the newest album I posted. I'm really happy with a lot of the songs and you'll be able to see the album cover that I drew for it! (You can also look for it as "Alterations" by Fluffy Dumbbell on other websites if this doesn't work.)

And that's really all of the art for this month, but I will actually have more next month. I learned how I'm going to ink my drawings, and once I get more used to it I'm going to be able to do a lot more!

And if you want to know what I was working on, well, it'll have to wait. I won't announce it yet because I don't know if I'm going to continue it, but I will try to keep it updated here. With that, thanks for checking this out!

Last edited:
Wow, this month just completely whizzed by me. Although uneventful in a life sense, there was a lot that happened with my art. Not only did I draw way more than I usually do, but even within a month I started to realize how my art style was changing. As you'll see in these images compared to the ones I drew last month, there's a slight different in how the eyes are drawn. It's nothing super major, but I do believe that my art style is going to change quite a bit over the rest of this year.

Ok that was a weird rant, let's get to the art!
Completed Art Pieces

Fly.png

My school holds an art show every year, and for this year I decided to try drawing one of my characters. I still have a long way to go in terms of drawing, but I'm really happy with how this turned out! I've always wanted to draw Floura with her wings, anyways, so I'm happy that I got to do that.
Iv.png

Ivy has always been one of my favorite characters, but I hadn't ever drawn her despite her being my longest existing character. This is an idea I had for her design, and although the hair could use a lot of work I'm still happy with how the drawing turned out. At the very least, I got an eye shape that I really like the look of.
Ru.png

This is Rubi, a character that you've probably seen being used as my profile picture for quite a while. I hadn't really drawn her in a while, and I ended up giving her a new design as the last one was super complicated and really just stolen from a genshin character. The fire in the background has no symbolic message. I just thought it looked cool.
Aq.png

It's him! The man, the legend, Aqua! I have never drawn him before, and I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. There is a lot that's probably going to change with his design, but it's a pretty good starting place. The background also worked out a lot better than I thought it would.
comfort.png

Comfort (the character on the right) is a character designed by a really close friend of mine. I was getting tired of drawing my own characters, too, and needed some practice with a different style of art. Out of all of the drawings for this month, this is probably my favorite just because of how simple yet smooth it looks.

And that's about it for this month. I'm definitely getting better and more consistent with my art, and I'm really happy with that. I've also started work on another minor project, and I'm very excited to share it with the next art batch.

Otherwise, May is going to be a pretty major month for me. Not only do I have 3 AP tests to put up with, but I'm also turning 17. I'm getting closer to being my own person, and it's really exciting and scary in many ways. Especially with the state of the world, it's really easy to get overwhelmed with things but I'm starting to find those things that can bring me back to reality. There's also going to be a new terraria update (released on my birthday woo) unless they decide not to release it on May 16th for whatever reason, so there's that to be excited for.

And just because I'm so happy with it, here's a small sneak peak of what the art project looks like:
1651374562203.png

I hope you all have a great month!

Well, May has come and gone, and now I'm 17 years old. I apparently had some struggles with getting older that I didn't know about, but I was able to get over that. This month in general has been amazing, as I've been able to completely get over a lot of my issues! I also started a new terraria playthrough that's been killing me as it's Master Mode FTW and I'm nowhere near good enough to do it, but it's been fun.

So, I don't really have any art pieces. One of my birthday presents was an art class and so I've buckled down and started working on the basics. I'm doing practice and really getting into understanding art before I move further, so you'll be seeing some realism for a bit. It's definitely weird going from stylization to realism, especially when I've never done realism before, so once I actually start doing that expect some not great art. The main stuff I've worked on this month is anatomy practice, and it's really been helping me. I've also been doing gesture drawing with 30 second and 1 minute drawings, so that's been interesting as well. I'm using the same poses for it as well so I can really see how I've improved.

unknown.png
unknown.png

The first image is a pose drawn on the first day, and the second pose is one that I drew yesterday. You can really see the improvement, even if I still have a ways to go!

I did do some character work as well where I've redesigned Floura while creating 3 new characters. Expect to see them sometime in the future!

And finally, it was my friend's birthday this month so I was able to get a drawing done for them. Their birthday is actually today, and I just finished the drawing today too, so it did work out pretty well!
Escence.png

I drew one of his characters, Escence, and I'm pretty happy with it. I was even able to sketch the basic idea for it in an hour, which is way faster than it used to be.

Another thing that happened this month is a release of a new, small texture pack: Jellycats! It's not as high-effort as slimecats, but I still really like it as they're just soft and squishy looking:

And that's about it for this month. As I said, expect more basic stuff for the time being but there's a chance I'll actually do something more interesting. Otherwise, I hope you have a good summer (or winter?) this coming June! I've been ready to take a break so I've been enjoying my vacation a lot so far.

Hey, sorry I'm a bit late with this. I had a busy past few days as I was helping prepare for my dad's wedding, but now that that's over I'm free to write this. The wedding itself was a great time, and I'm really happy with how everything went down. Everyone cried, including me, which really surprised me as I don't cry that often. That was the biggest thing happening, but I am going on vacation to seattle in a few days too. July is a busy month.

But I've held off on showing the art for this month long enough. There isn't a ton as I'm still working on trying to get the basics done although starting the anatomy lesson is hard, but I do have a few things.

I have done quite a bit of non-important drawing, although I could have done a bit more this month. However, I do have two things to show off.

1656863719593.png

I did some perspective practice and got bored partway through so I ended up adding random shapes. I showed this to one of my friends and they said they really liked it, so that was cool.

Hug Background.png

And I also decided to draw something for a friend. They really like hugs and I felt like I wanted to try out drawing one, so I ended up drawing this! I'm really happy with it, even if I'm noticing a few errors. My style still has some work that needs to be done with it, but I can see the improvement.

That's really about it for this month. I haven't been able to draw any of my characters normally recently because of anatomy struggles, but I did learn that I'm able to draw well if I'm doing it for a reason that isn't for myself. I have another drawing that I'm working on too that looks really good, so I'm excited to show that off next month! Thanks for reading. :dryadhappy:

Oog, a day late. Ah, well, at least I'm getting it done. It won't be the worst I've done, anyways. This month was very busy for me, as I was working a lot and when I wasn't I was either preparing for my dad to get re-married or going on vacation in seattle. I at least got to complete an art piece at the start of this month, though, and I also started some real practice on the anatomy of the face!

To begin, I drew a wobbledog that I had dreamt up. Wobbledogs is a very fun but also pretty small game, but I fell in love with it pretty fast. There's a lot of room for variation and a really powerful breeding system, so I would suggest to try it out. This dog has features that are accessible in-game, but it does surpass some limits. You can't have the weird tri-colored body, first off, and they also only have a limit of up to two wings. However, I'm pretty happy with how this came out and I think it looks very pleasing.
Wobble.png

I also did some anatomy practice, as I said before, and I was able to come out with this:
1659370700296.png

I didn't scale everything up the best, as I drew them all separately and then put them together, but I think it looks alright. Especially for a first attempt.

That's about it for this month. I haven't been as motivated to draw lately, as I'm just not the biggest practice person. Especially when I do good, it seems to make it so I don't feel like I need the practice as much even though that's just not true. Either way, we're moving into August for me now. I'm heading on to be a senior in high school, graduation next year, and this thursday will be a very important day of my life. August has a chance to be an amazing month, but it also has a chance to be a terrible one.

Sooo, although I didn't forget about this I got sick right as the time came around, making it so I wasn't able to. I decided to stop holding it off once I saw the powersteef has posted theirs, though.

Anyways, ignoring that, this month has actually gone very well. School has started up but I have an art class so there should be more art from me. The thing that happened at the start of the month, too, went well so I've been in good spirits outside of my sickness. I also drew quite a bit, or I at least feel like I did, and did some really good work with my OC, Ashlyn. Some of you might know her as Florence/Floura, but neither of them really actually fit her. Anyways, on to the art.

To begin, I drew a character reference for Ashlyn. I didn't really get all of the anatomy right, but for the first try of me drawing a full body in a few months I think it went pretty well:
Ashlyn.png

The arms are a bit broad but I'm super happy with the wings and dress. The hair worked out really well, too, and I really like what I did with the eyes. This drawing is a major improvement of the last time I drew her with wings, so I'm also really happy about that!

Ashlyn Peace.png

I also drew myself a new profile picture, and I'm super happy with it. This is by far my favorite drawing of mine, both because it looks really clean and because is shows off some of my own personality. I really hope to do more drawings like this in the future, especially where I can fix some of the errors I made with this one.

unknown.png

An early drawing of Ash where I didn't really know what I was going for. I'm really happy with how the pose turned out, even if I scrapped it for a standard A-pose (as I was doing this for a reference drawing).

unknown.png

I also drew this for her standard form but I'm really not that happy with it. You might see a redraw in the future.

unknown.png

And this was one of the first drawings I tried for her. The side angle also wasn't working out, and I made quite a few errors here like making her waist to thin. At the same time, though, it was a first attempt so I think it looks alright for what I was doing.

And that about ends it off. I'm really happy with where my style is going, and I'm really excited to draw more art. Being sick forced me to stop drawing for a bit so I am very excited to get back into doing that. My art style is a pretty unique one, and I have no idea if it follows my original intentions or not but either way I think it looks pleasing. If anyone can show me another art style that looks like it, I would love to see it. I cannot think of anything that look similar to it myself.

Boo! Hey, well isn't this a surprise! I can't say this is my grand return to monthly posts here, but I thought it would be fun to post an update of how my art has improved over the last year! I think I should have an actual drawing from each month this time, so maybe I'll be able to get through it without having to scrape for something. Anyways, let's get right to it!

Here's my table of my best drawings from each month! (Note: It looks like the firs two images didn't load, so you'll have to open them in a new tab. Sorry!)
January
February
March
April
20230313_132309.jpg
Collage.png
May
June
July
August
Eacene No Shade.png
TheAlien.png
MermaidNoFilter.png
Alone.gif
September
October
November
December
Bus.png
CitronelleTril.png
Penny.png
ShirtSignature.png

As you can see, I have improve a lot this year. The amount of improvement is honestly really crazy, especially when you compare the drawings from the start of the year to the drawings from the end of it. The biggest jump in improvement was from June, where I ended up changing my strategy for lineart. As I got further with things, I also got a better understanding of anatomy and most importantly shading. I still have a long way to go with my art, and there are many things that I do not understand that well. But, by the end of the next year there's a good chance I will understand some of those things, and maybe my art will take another step up. I'm very excited for whatever happens, and I'm happy I was able to share this here! I'm not gonna put everything from the past year in this post because that would be a lot to take in, but I'll put in several of my favorite drawings from the last year!

Here's my album cover for my last album of Christmas remixes, with it being Cooki's Christmas Carols Vol. 2! You can find the songs from this album here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_l29puJyi8HXyGvGgHgY-BM61QBjHOnGJE
Carols 2 Cover.png

Here's a random background I drew for a challenge in an art class I'm taking, mainly where we had to draw geometry with repeating structures.
Wall.png

I drew Ashlyn in a maid outfit! I don't know why I had the urge to do it, but it really helped me figure out skirt shading!
Maid.png

Hugs!
PennyHug.png

Here's a good look at what I hope to be Ashlyn's final look. I drew this over a month ago, and I'm still very happy with the design!
Her Pose... Again!.png

Catgirl!
Misty.png

If any of you remember from a while ago, I did a cover of Atsuover's Storm. I tried drawing in that style again, and came out with this!
Storm.png

TENNIS CUBE
Tennis Cube.png

There were some rough things that happened at the end of this year, and I'm not gonna get into them. But, I did do a drawing based off of how I felt because of it, and I came out with this.
Unease.gif

So, that about wraps this up. I hope those of you who come back to this are pleasantly surprised! Although I said I won't be coming back to the forums earlier, it does feel nice to put this out again! Of course, if I do you'll have to expect much smaller updates because although I draw more frequently nowadays I draw a lot less of the type of stuff I would actually post. Maybe I could post some of my anatomy sketch sheets, though. We'll see!

Otherwise, this really has been a wild year for me. I went into my first year of college this year, and it's had its ups and downs. This December has sucked because of several reasons, but I am excited to go into the new year and see what journeys await me. Until then!

<3

Last edited:
How did you overcome drawing blocks? Did you think at those moments: "I will draw anything no matter if the forum says to me bad words all the time! 🎺 yeah!"

Back
Top Bottom