Story Fluffy Bunnikin's Snuggle Diary~

Pick a number. This is important, but I (Probably) won't say how!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

... Oops. Yup, that's a typo. Still writing chapters half asleep. Oh well, I shall keep it there for prosperity. And laziness `:p

Not to mention, you would look crazy if I fixed it now.
I wouldn't look crazy, as I already am crazy, so crazy looks normal for me.

A wonderful day of snuggles: Day 5~

Maxwell still won't let me sleep next to him... He also keeps getting tireder and tireder, it's pretty weird. I mean, I know those weird growling sounds are hard to sleep through, but it shouldn't be that bad... Right?

For now, as the sun sets Maxwell will send me off, and I go curl up in the nearest burrow, after nibbling on some Blue Berries, or a flower. The other Bunnies there keep me nice and warm, and make it less lonely until sunrise~ One of the Bunnies has stopped showing up at night though. Maybe they moved to a different burrow?

During the morning, I scamper around Maxwell's feet, watching as he works on his weird toy. He had straightened out some wood, and had rubbed it down once he saw it was smooth. He just used bundles of grass when he was rubbing the weird branch, but he seemed to want to do it for some reason.

In the middle of the day, we go out and explore nearby caves. There hasn't been anything exciting in them yet, but I did get caught in a cobweb in one of them. Maxwell helped me free, and took the spare web with us for some reason.

And finally, in the late afternoon, Maxwell just sits on the stump, watching the trees rustle in the wind. I curl up on his lap, and his hand will usually pet me gently.

The view is still really pretty, even after a few days.

index.php

Is "Maxwell" a reference to Don't Starve? A story depicting that universe through the perspective of a bunny would be awesome.

Is "Maxwell" a reference to Don't Starve? A story depicting that universe through the perspective of a bunny would be awesome.
Had not thought of that connection. I have not played Don't Starve, but I have seen others play it.

As for how Maxwell got their name... RNG. I opened a list of possibilities, and RNGed a result, landing on Maxwell. Could have just as easily been Andrew, or Kevin.

Had not thought of that connection. I have not played Don't Starve, but I have seen others play it.

As for how Maxwell got their name... RNG. I opened a list of possibilities, and RNGed a result, landing on Maxwell. Could have just as easily been Andrew, or Kevin.
Well, if you're willing to continue on that story let's delete all comments mentioning don't starve, to keep the surprise for those who haven't seen these comments.

Well, if you're willing to continue on that story let's delete all comments mentioning don't starve, to keep the surprise for those who haven't seen these comments.
Hmm? It shouldn't really spoil anything as is. Not to mention, it may help answer other naming related questions.

Hmm? It shouldn't really spoil anything as is. Not to mention, it may help answer other naming related questions.
No, since it will become apparent at some tme that you talk about don't starve, though you could play on not indicating which maxwell we're talking about and subtly adding more of the said universe to the story.

No, since it will become apparent at some tme that you talk about don't starve, though you could play on not indicating which maxwell we're talking about and subtly adding more of the said universe to the story.
... What? I think I may have been unclear. While they share the same name, there will be no connection to Don't Starve. So, I have no intention on subtle references to it.

That way, my plot twists are more unexpected `:naughty:

A wonderful day of snuggles: Day 7~

Maxwell and I found a solution to his sleeping problem! And completely by accident, too~

Now, you see, after our usual exploration of the nearby caves, Maxwell sat on the stump again. As I snuggled into his lap, rubbing up against his hand expecting some pats, he fell straight to sleep!

It must have been because he was so silly to try and stay awake every night, because he was so scared of those noises. But as he put the stuff we found down next to the stump, he just kinda slumped where he was sitting, and began to snore. I nudged his hand a little, but he didn't wake up. Not worried because he was still snoring, I decided to scamper up to sit on his shoulder, and looked around, making sure no Birds tried to peck him. It hurts when they do that!

The sun fell lower, and Maxwell kept on with his little whistley snoring. When the sky became all pretty with reds and oranges, I knew it was about time for him to send me off, for whatever reason he did. I reeeaaally wanted to just crawl down and sleep on his lap tonight... But I was good, and decided to wake him up, instead.

That was surprisingly difficult. I tried bappin him with my paw. I tried licking his forehead. I even tried nibbling his hair! He kinda twitched now and then, but didn't wake up. Getting a little cross, I began to kick at the top of his head with my back foot, and that got a reaction out if him!

My fluff-butt still hurts from when he sat up so quickly, but it was too funny for me to be upset about it. Especially the part where he fell over! Heeheehee~ When he saw that I was the one to wake him up, he bent down, and cradled me softly. He checked that nothing was hurt, and I licked his nose.

Smiling with a face happier than I had seen on him in the past couple of days, he put me down, and pet me a few more times. Then, he gave me the pat to get going, and stretched out, yawning as he looked to the horizon.

As I bound away to the burrow, I think I faintly heard him say "Thank you..."

index.php

index.php

Levels of cute are too damn high!

Anyways, Derunih, I love your writing. You accomplish imagery, detail, and plot, at a strikingly fast pace. But, it's the latter of those elements that worries me. This is a cute read, but a little light. I hope you move away from the cutesy style to establish a few plot elements here and there, just to ignite the interest in the story. Even as much as bunny stories are adorable. Another fantastic job, Derunih. :)

-Teal

A wonderful day of snuggles: Day 8~

Maxwell seemed a little better today. Maybe that nap yesterday really helped! When I saw him this morning, I bounced right up into his arms, and licked his nose~ He chuckled, and sat down on the stump.

He held up his toy for me to look at, saying that he was done making this "Bow". I had never seen a bow before, and thought that it looked kinda weird. Shrugging, I bounced around nearby, and nibbled on some flowers. Maxwell put the Bow away, and pulled out the cobwebs, concentrating as he tried to do something with them.

After a few hours of that, he got up, and we did our patrol. We saw nothing exciting, but Maxwell did manage to find some more cobwebs though. I think he is silly, for collecting those sticky things.

And in the evening, he knelt down, and asked me to guard him. I nodded my head quickly, ears flopping as I did. He smiled, and laid down on the grass, head against the stump. And he slept, with me sitting on his stomach to keep an eye out.

I woke him up at dusk, and we hugged. He looked really happy, which was nice~

index.php

(... trim :p) Anyways, Derunih, I love your writing. You accomplish imagery, detail, and plot, at a strikingly fast pace. But, it's the latter of those elements that worries me. This is a cute read, but a little light. I hope you move away from the cutesy style to establish a few plot elements here and there, just to ignite the interest in the story. Even as much as bunny stories are adorable. Another fantastic job, Derunih. :)

-Teal
Welcome to the cultthread, Teal! May you enjoy your stay. As for pacing... The focus on this story was meant to be more adorable, than an intense plot, so I was aiming for light. There will be surprising points here and there, but not many. I also plan on breaking the readers hearts, but lets ignore that

Anyway, Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the rest!

I was one of the people that voted for the solar cult story, but this is just adorable! Who knew you could make such an awesome story about bunnies? :nursepassionate:

Back
Top Bottom