Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Not sure a bug or intended, just found that unlike other Bosses, the Flying Dutchman's Bestiary is not fully unlocked after defeating once (possibly needs 50 kills).

Edit: additional findings: The Flying Dutchman, as well as the three bosses in the Old One's Army, are not in the filer of the Boss enemy, while the four celestial pillars, despite not dropping a trophy, are in that filer.

Last edited:
It's not.. quite a boss. It's a barely-existant "mini-boss" like Ice Golem, Paladin, Wyvern, Sand Elemental, and the Goblin Summoner.

I'm pretty sure the Dutchman is considered as a boss since it has its own trophy, healthbar and mastermode drops.
Unless the Martian Saucer has the same issue then it could be intentional.
(I highly doubt it considering the Old Ones Army Bosses only require 1 kill and the Bestsy had an oversight requiring 50 kills that was fixed)

I'm pretty sure the Dutchman is considered as a boss since it has its own trophy, healthbar and mastermode drops.
Unless the Martian Saucer has the same issue then it could be intentional.
(I highly doubt it considering the Old Ones Army Bosses only require 1 kill and the Bestsy had an oversight requiring 50 kills that was fixed)
Martian Saucer (and other event Boss) does not seem to have this issue (just checked the bestiary).

Not sure a bug or intended, just found that unlike other Bosses, the Flying Dutchman's Bestiary is not fully unlocked after defeating once (possibly needs 50 kills).

Edit: additional findings: The Flying Dutchman, as well as the three bosses in the Old One's Army, are not in the filer of the Boss enemy, while the four celestial pillars, despite not dropping a trophy, are in that filer.
Thanks for the report! I've confirmed Flying Dutchman doesn't unlock after only 1 kill. Since it drops a trophy, I'd say it should be unlocked in 1 kill.
I would hazard a guess that Dutchman and OOA bosses aren't in the boss filter because they're event bosses, not main game bosses. Compare that the Frost and Pumpkin Moon bosses aren't listed either. (They also drop trophies.) The Martian Saucer is the outlier though.

Back
Top Bottom