Weapons & Equip Force Rod: A Moving New Tool

I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could move people/creatures around? Like, force push 'em around everywhere? My mind fell across the Dominion Rod from Zelda: Twilight Princess and I knew...
it was love at first thought.

I was then thinking, "What color? It would need to make people like it. Generic light blue?" then it hit me, all the colors!
Which gem you use to craft the thing determines the core color and the energy color it displays.

For the Hallow:

Force Rods

ZAcccml.png
tue8ka3.png
n8wxVDa.png
ti3kSyj.png
7y6jt1a.png
fA9R5AE.png

Tooltip: Do we even need to say what is strong with this one?
Ingredients:
VIqcaTY.png
(10)
Ph5UxDi.png
(5) [
2BuUkTz.png
vU7XM8Y.png
2c1xBQc.png
p8sXuuC.png
TdEZRiB.png
, or
GSOqzqq.png
]
(1)

For the Cyber, a biome by Zoomo:
Manipulation Devices

InnyvTZ.png
W6q1igz.png
UQ5leFZ.png
XIYJxku.png
f16EC0U.png
yzOn3lZ.png

Tooltip: You are so manipulative!
Ingredients:
0KvvpEJ.png
(10)
Qvopmar.png
(5) [
2BuUkTz.png
vU7XM8Y.png
2c1xBQc.png
p8sXuuC.png
TdEZRiB.png
, or
GSOqzqq.png
]
(1)
(Thanks, Zoomo for permission to use sprites!)

For the Covert, a biome by Tobbvald:
Lanterns of Shifting
P4FvB1G.png
cQ8W9sk.png
gFjJOPM.png
pd0jqio.png
2Tgyjkp.png
0MEgDbW.png

Tooltip: By the power of the spirits in this lantern, I command thou Guide to get out of my way!
Ingredients:
TrCVTQ7.png
(10)
hh8O3HY.png
(5) [
2BuUkTz.png
vU7XM8Y.png
2c1xBQc.png
p8sXuuC.png
TdEZRiB.png
, or
GSOqzqq.png
]
(1)
(Thanks to Tobbvald for permission to use ingredient sprites!)

Fires a(n) (ingredient-dependant color) glowing ball which upon hitting an eligible target will allow the user to move them at will. The user is limited to using it only on friendly NPCs and critters (not Truffle Worms). Nothing can break a connection besides (obviously) letting go of left-click, being over 100 blocks away from the target, or dying. If left-click is released before hitting anything it immediately looses effect, quickly fading away.

Because of its ingredients, it will likely be an Early Hardmode used mostly for sorting.

Tellestasis

HIoMYdx.png

Tooltip: Controlled by a strange force. Please don't dip in harmful substances.
The debuff which allows objects to be moved. Incidentally, players will probably never see this as vanilla Terraria doesn't allow PVP usage of Force Rods.

Last edited:
Started off nice. Then it got overcomplicated.

I would scrap the entire keeping things as pets feature. Not only does that seem unneeded, but it adds another GUI, and in general Terraria likes to avoid unneccessary GUIs. (The only existing ones are the inventory, chests, signs, and NPCs). (Also seems very trolly, I could easily catch a few hundred Demon Eyes and stick them into my friend's house.) (Also potentially laggy.)

I'm fine with the entire "Move friendly NPCs around" thing, although that would need to have some sort of limitation (maybe make it drain mana) and make sure it can't be used on the Truffle worm (For reasons that should be obvious)

Started off nice. Then it got overcomplicated.

I would scrap the entire keeping things as pets feature. Not only does that seem unneeded, but it adds another GUI, and in general Terraria likes to avoid unneccessary GUIs. (The only existing ones are the inventory, chests, signs, and NPCs). (Also seems very trolly, I could easily catch a few hundred Demon Eyes and stick them into my friend's house.) (Also potentially laggy.)

I'm fine with the entire "Move friendly NPCs around" thing, although that would need to have some sort of limitation (maybe make it drain mana) and make sure it can't be used on the Truffle worm (For reasons that should be obvious)
I did just start out with that. Maybe it's better that way. But without that is it really even good enough to add?

Also, derp! I had down on paper that it couldn't be used on Truffle worms but I guess I failed to post that...

I'll getting working I guess...

N-n-new Content!

For the lovely biomes Cyber and Covert, by Zoomo and Tobbvald respectively (both of whom have incredible works), I bring you the Manipulation Device and the Lantern of Shifting!

Manipulation Devices
InnyvTZ.png
W6q1igz.png
UQ5leFZ.png
XIYJxku.png
f16EC0U.png
yzOn3lZ.png

Tooltip: You are so manipulative!
Ingredients:
Cybernetic Bars (10) Pride Cores (5) (Any gem) (1)

Lanterns of Shifting
P4FvB1G.png
cQ8W9sk.png
gFjJOPM.png
pd0jqio.png
2Tgyjkp.png
0MEgDbW.png

Tooltip: By the power of the spirits in this lantern, I command thou Guide to get out of my way!
Ingredients:
Covert Bars (10) Life [Runes] (5) (Any gem) (1)

They work in the same way, so they are more of an alt than anything else (I'm sick of unbalanced alts).

Last edited:
I'm working on making the Force Rod sprites match Hallowed Bars better (as the other two draw coloring from their biome's respective Bar).

Here's a comparison: Old Sprite > New Sprite > Hallowed Bar (which the color is derived from) on a white background.
hqRJm4Y.png

(Oops...) Sorry about the double post.

ZAcccml.png
tue8ka3.png
n8wxVDa.png
ti3kSyj.png
7y6jt1a.png
fA9R5AE.png

New rod colors! They better match the colors of Hallowed Bars!

To be honest, I made all of these yesterday, I was just too tired to post them all.

Back
Top Bottom