FORE-RRARIA! Hitting the Links with Terraria Golf

i have a question. will the golf courses spawn naturally or are they free mods?
People will have to build their courses, or download maps that other have built to play. There will be a few built by some of the testers available for download on release day.

The Player Created Maps section now has prefixes for 'Golf' worlds. h/t to @Derunih for the suggestion!

Is that.. a sand castle?
Screenshot_20200511-204532.png

People will have to build their courses, or download maps that other have built to play. There will be a few built by some of the testers available for download on release day.

The Player Created Maps section now has prefixes for 'Golf' worlds. h/t to @Derunih for the suggestion!
Speaking of, for those that may not have thought of this:
For the courses themselves, players can set up the intended challenges and mechanics now in 1.3.5, then come back in 1.4 to drop in the Tees, Cups, and other finishing touches to finish the map. While I lack the creative talents to put one together myself, I am looking forward to enjoying maps such as Kaios's once the update launches! Terraria golfing will become a pastime of it's own `:D
EDIT: The only downfall of this, is you would not have access to Journey mode for that map, as builder or player.

Not really interested in golf but I'm sure plenty of people will like it

Instead, I notice you can buy a forest pylon from the shop, I wonder if that's a way to get duplicate pylons for whatever reason, or the primary way to get them when you reach enough happiness and you'll need a shop NPC for each biome....

For the courses themselves, players can set up the intended challenges and mechanics now in 1.3.5, then come back in 1.4 to drop in the Tees, Cups, and other finishing touches to finish the map. While I lack the creative talents to put one together myself, I am looking forward to enjoying maps such as Kaios's once the update launches! Terraria golfing will become a pastime of it's own `:D
EDIT: The only downfall of this, is you would not have access to Journey mode for that map, as builder or player.
The problem with this is that we can't test the mechanics of the gold ball projectiles and we can't measure how effective the different clubs are.

I've never liked golf, but this looks like fun! My question is: in multiplayer can you only hit your own ball or the other players balls too? If you can hit other players balls, I can see the fun Pedguin, Ravs & Duncan would have with this. I'd really enjoy that video!

That's what summoner builds are for.
Summons? Oh, ya mean those dudes ya pop out then they fly off chasing dumb riff raff while the real threats eat you alive? :p

I do wonder if golf balls will be able to activate pressure plates or it landing a ball in the hole will be able to activate things wired to it.

Should be fun, also, i was only slightly off about my joking estimate of there being over 156 varieties of golf balls.
Speaking of Golf Ball Varieties... I wonder if Goblin Tinkerer is gonna be on the Ball & Craft us Players up some Spiky Ball lookin Vanity Golf Balls...? Finally, a REAL use for all those Spiky Balls those Goblin Invasions litter the turf with! :p *Ducks Rotten Produce from the Incredibly Lame Pun...*

All this new content is gonna take me years to play through fully, I'm so excited!
Let alone peeps like me who play at a casual relaxed pace... could be Decades for my kind! :dryadpassionate:

PLEASE let hitting an enemy with a golf ball do damage, even if it's only 1 hit point
I'm going to be a bit disappointed if we can't somehow obtain Golf Balls that are Weaponized to explode on Impact... maybe as a Master Golfer's Reward, or some such... ~:naughty:

I was gonna do something like this at first, then I read about all the rad things comin & got scared that too much of it might be created at WorldGen & render this trick too ineffective... I even preemptively hunted down Granite Golem Statues to wire up for all the Granite I could need... before the info on the new Town Mechanics came about... now i've changed my mind & when 1.4 hits, Worlds & Character both will be demolitioned & i'll start fully anew... no risk of Old Code Contamination, no risk of missing ANYTHING even if it'll mean i'll have to regain what I had before from scratch.

I've never liked golf, but this looks like fun! My question is: in multiplayer can you only hit your own ball or the other players balls too? If you can hit other players balls, I can see the fun Pedguin, Ravs & Duncan would have with this. I'd really enjoy that video!
I'm curious about this too... i'm also curious what i'm ever gonna do if a bud of mine and myself both want the Blue Golf Ball... can Dye Colorings keep our Friendship safe...? :eek: ... Just kidding, that'd be an awful petty thing to break up over... but still, it really would rock if Golf Balls can be Dyed so we can have our own separate Blue & both win, yet also be able to tell our Balls apart.

For the Topic: I just had a fun Golf Thought...: Anyone here ever watch the Show "Stargate: SG1"...? Remember that Episode when Col. O'Neal & Tilk get stuck in a Groundhog Day-like Time Loop & partway through that Episode they need to blow off some Steam from their predicament so they spend one of the Time Loops smacking Golf Balls through the Stargate to other Worlds...? Hint Hint Devs! :merchantnaughty:

Interesting to note, in Khaios's video the Guide can be found in his corruption/graveyard course occupying a microbuild house.
From the way he's moving I suspect trickery is afoot, but this would be pretty neat if this ended up unintentionally confirming evil biomes no longer break npc housing.

I feel like someone is going to make a hardmode golf course and 1 of the levels is all with solid honey, liquid honey, sand and ice :/
Then there will be nothing to fear from it, cause it forgot the Golf Ball Cup so it'd be a Invalid Course. :p

Interesting to note, in Khaios's video the Guide can be found in his corruption/graveyard course occupying a microbuild house.
From the way he's moving I suspect trickery is afoot, but this would be pretty neat if this ended up unintentionally confirming evil biomes no longer break npc housing.
Maybe some NPCs will even be happy in Evil Biomes! :p

Back
Top Bottom