Question Forum Question Thread V2.0 (1.3.1 Edition!)

Lol
[doublepost=1524035502,1524034951][/doublepost]Would it be possible to make a working calculator?
Addition: Put x of one block in one spot of your inventry, y of the same block in the other. Place all the blocks, break them without ceasing , than see how many it says above the player
Subtraction: Have x blocks. Place y blocks. See how many you have left.

Addition: Put x of one block in one spot of your inventry, y of the same block in the other. Place all the blocks, break them without ceasing , than see how many it says above the player
Subtraction: Have x blocks. Place y blocks. See how many you have left.
I meant one using wiring and logic gates.
[doublepost=1524093157,1524092976][/doublepost]Oh wait, it’s already been done by joe price

I meant one using wiring and logic gates.
[doublepost=1524093157,1524092976][/doublepost]Oh wait, it’s already been done by joe price

People have made far more time and space efficient calculators since the addition of logic gates. Hoiks do still have their uses, though.

hey, sorry to bother everyone for this but i made something and im not sure if it has been done before, so im unsure about making an entire new Thread for it.

its a system of logic gates to be able to pick between different options, without having to manually seek and deselect the previous option, for example, say i have 5 different torches or options (like destinations for teleporter hubs) and i turn ON Torch number 1, then i want to turn Torch number 3 ON but have Torch 1 OFF

normally you would have to manually seek which Torch is ON before turning another one ON so you dont end up with multiple destinations active on a teleporter.

with the design i made whenever a Torch or option is selected and you select a different one, you automatically turn OFF the previous one by selecting the new one.

IMG_20200328_202646.jpg

so the question i have is
-Has this been done before, or should i make an entire New Thread for this?

(edit: removed some wrong information)

Last edited:
hey, sorry to bother everyone for this but i made something and im not sure if it has been done before, so im unsure about making an entire new Thread for it.

its a system of logic gates to be able to pick between different options, without having to manually seek and deselect the previous option, for example, say i have 5 different torches or options (like destinations for teleporter hubs) and i turn ON Torch number 1, then i want to turn Torch number 3 ON but have Torch 1 OFF

normally you would have to manually seek which Torch is ON before turning another one ON so you dont end up with multiple destinations active on a teleporter.

with the design i made whenever a Torch or option is selected and you select a different one, you automatically turn OFF the previous one by selecting the new one.

View attachment 250634

so the question i have is
-Has this been done before, or should i make an entire New Thread for this?

the last time i saw something like was in Joe Price's ( @DicemanX )Teleporter HUB projects but it was done with Hoiks and Target Dummy ghost, it took a bit of time to deselect the previous destination, a big amount of space, and less wire.
I'd say feel free to make a new thread about whatever you'd like. There really isn't enough traffic around here to bother anyone. Plus new build showcases are always welcome. :)

I think I may have made a thing that does this at some point, but I don't know where it is. I don't believe I ever posted it. Yours looks pretty nice. It would be interesting to see how you can tile multiple switches next to each other. Just by looking at it, it seems you could do a 1 tile gap with the big levers?

Hey fellow Terrarians,

I recently started working on a mob farm design, that i haven't come across anywhere yet. The idea was, to make as many biomes in the game farmable as possible. While many farms feature switchable spawn floors, this alone doesn't deliver all biome specific drops though, since many mobs - like the corrupt, crimson & hallowed mimics - only spawn when the player is standing in the corresponding biome. I got the concept of easily switching biomes from a person called Beartopus who recently posted a tutorial for a biome swapping fishing farm. My farm design currently looks like this:

Capture 2020-07-07 20_15_46.png

It features the caverns, underworld, obsidian caves, marble caves and spider caves, as well as the underground corruption, crimson, hallow, jungle, mushroom, desert and ice biomes. Now there are still some minor issues with the design, all of which I am confident i can fix. A major issue however is connecting the sheer ammount of teleporters beneath the spawn surfaces to the killing chamber(s). While a simple column of teleportes with buttons on the sides of the spawnfloors would manage a majority of the spawning mobs, this would not be perfect, as it would still reduce the spawnrates. It would also be utterly useless vs. enemies like the rune wizard, which is capable of spawning in this farm, but would never move and thus never be teleported. Any helping hand or nudge into the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

This is how my first wiring attempt looks like. I tried to space out the signals by using and-gates to transfer the input from the dummy ghost clock to individual teleporters. This still leads to alot of back teleportation. I assume the reason for that is that all teleporters in a row fire in one game tick.

Capture 2020-07-08 18_27_50.png

Any suggestions on how to fix this mess? :dryadconfused:

Edit: Actually it is all teleporters in a column, that fire at the same time. Ive noticed, that upon being teleported by the upper teleporter connected by the red wire, I'm immediately teleported back to the teleporter below it. Is there any easy way to further delay the teleportation for the other teleporters in the same column?

Last edited:
hi im new i all terraria electronics and i would like someone to help me understand them

even though im post-ml id like too understand them well to make a big thing in my main world

Is it possible to ask questions here as of 2022 (soon 2023)?

I don't fully understand how this engine (in this thread) keeps firing after being activated and was hoping someone could enlighten me.

Is it possible to ask questions here as of 2022 (soon 2023)?

I don't fully understand how this engine (in this thread) keeps firing after being activated and was hoping someone could enlighten me.
The dummy ghost can be teleported and interacts with blocks like a normal enemy or player.

The slopes of the blocks make a hoik that pushes the dummy back and forth in rapid succession, and as a general rule hoiks move at 1 tick per second- hence this is a one tick engine. I've found on mobile 1 tick engines have stopped working, I'm not sure about other platforms, maybe remove one of the pressure plates to make it into a 2 tick engine and it might work.

The slopes of the blocks make a hoik that pushes the dummy back and forth in rapid succession
Thank you for the answer! This helps a lot, although I seem unable to replicate the behavior with my character. It is simply teleported on top of either hoik block. Could it be due to lacking placement precision, or might there after all be some block interaction difference between characters and ghost dummies? (EDIT: The configuration shown at approx. 29s in this video works on both characters and NPCs, but seemingly not on ghost dummies. Very strange.) In any case, do you know if there's any up-to-date mods that give the ghost dummy a visual? Mechmod seems to be long dead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom