Forum users, how much have you've grown ever since you first joined the Forums?

Simple🌳

Official Terrarian
Hello, it's officially been one year since I have joined the Terraria Community Forums. This made me wonder, how much have I matured since I've started my presence on here? And then I wondered how others must've matured as well. And so, I decided to make this thread, to help everyone present how they've grown over the months/years.

You can use any method to show how you've matured here, whether it'd be by using screenshots, sentences with quotes, or just quotes themselves. You also don't have to show how you've matured from when you've first appeared on the forums, you can also show multiple periods during your time on the forums, as long as it shows that you have experienced growth.

We all would like to see how people have blossomed since their first arrival, and thanks for your time on the forums!

I originally wanted to get help for modding, and so I joined these forums, only to learn that the Forums aren't the best way to get help from modding. Somehow though, I managed to find my way into the Roleplay community, and made weird characters with uncharming names. Looking back now, they were indeed fond memories, but I was pretty child-like at that time, (especially because I used to be a person who just lurks around social media.) Oh yeah, and I also posted something that seems like a horrible attempt at a meme.

Screenshot 2021-06-08 113044.png

Eventually, I got bored of Roleplay but became a spriter. I wasn't the greatest spriter, but I was proud of what I could make. At this phase, I was more aware of myself, and looked back at my Roleplaying phase. I definitely fixed my online persona, and I gained patience. I still sometimes made strange decisions that seemed quite childish though.

Now, you'll see me helping others on the forums. I will join discussions that I feel comfortable posting around, and I will help others around when I can. I'm glad that I have shown growth over these months, and I strive to continue growing!

Honestly, I can't really say how much I've grown for the most part since joining the forums. One thing that has improved a lot is my art, but when it comes to rp-ing, not much had to be improved in the first place, as I've been rp-ing for around 6 years total, and I've kinda just grown up with rp-ing in general because my parents are both roleplayers, and the things that did have to improve improved relatively quickly.
One thing I can say, which I'll go way more in-depth on later (hopefully soon, but I suck at being productive sometimes), is...
Joining TCF really helped rebuild my self-esteem after the first year of middle school, which absolutely broke me. So... I'll just say this right now, and I'll say it again when I go more in-depth...
Thank you. To everyone here.

As an artist, I used to draw in MS paint when I just got into Terraria.
And I tried to be a cool kid to join one of the 'cool kids group'. I also hardly could speak English (I'm dutch native), so getting out of my words was a bit of an issue.
Nowadays I feel more myself, and feel more responsible for the things I do.
And I've become friends with the people I used to look forward to,
it's a strange experience, as it was something I never expected to see it happen, but I'm glad where I am now, and I'm praising that moment everytime.
I've become an artist, a diplomated programmer, a hobby game-designer, and am driving in a car to my work now.
Back when I was just a 17 year old kid when I joined the forums. A lots of things can happen, with a lot of greater things to come.

The stuff I did in the past can be considered cringe nowadays, but I rather only look back to see how much I've grown inbetween.

As for the art, I think I can summarise the improvements quite well in 2 profile pictures I used to have.
The same Terraria character, 2014 vs 2021:
avatar 1.pngppowersteef 2021 bg.png
You could say he matured inbetween as well. :)

Last edited:
Honestly, I can't really say how much I've grown for the most part since joining the forums. One thing that has improved a lot is my art, but when it comes to rp-ing, not much had to be improved in the first place, as I've been rp-ing for around 6 years total, and I've kinda just grown up with rp-ing in general because my parents are both roleplayers, and the things that did have to improve improved relatively quickly.
One thing I can say, which I'll go way more in-depth on later (hopefully soon, but I suck at being productive sometimes), is...
Joining TCF really helped rebuild my self-esteem after the first year of middle school, which absolutely broke me. So... I'll just say this right now, and I'll say it again when I go more in-depth...
Thank you. To everyone here.
Oh, another thing I'd like to add to this is...
I got quite a bit more confident in what I can do in the 1 year and 3 months (I think) I've been here. I probably wouldn't be expanding my boundaries this much if I never joined TCF.

I learned quite a bit of things since I got here, but mainly that I just learned to deal with my cringe and got better at understanding others. I also learned to control my words. I haven't been here for long, so I can't say exactly much how I matured, but one thing I can say is that I did become more mature. Additionally, I met noltem team (by chimerawarden) which is a big blessing in my life, personally. Might just update this post after I got to the 1 year mark.

1623183612371.png

This was my first post in TCF, I wasn't a brony, nor a furry back then. Nor a scalie. No, I was just being a stereotypical human self.
1623183730885.png

Dun dun duuun, it's not farer, it's further, past me being a Luna-forsaken mistake creator. I swear that this post was just a mere afterthought.
1623183832740.png

Also, I liked to use historical figures referring to ancient times far too much. After all, most of time I played games, right?
1623183925375.png

Man, I was so obsessed with Diablo 3 back then it was seriously unhealthy for me.
1623184110685.png

*Dun dun duuuuuun*. Yeah, five examples, my speech skills were really chaotic back then, and I didn't really do much of research there, did I?

Back then I was Faressain.

1623184277164.png

Back in 2016 I made an almost successful Terrarian run and for first time had some audience. However due to laziness and being unlucky, only with Trebonth I had completed the playthough... three years later. On Crimson world, too.
1623184430703.png

Still, it was slow time for maturity, and my RPing style was still too chaotic. Yep, throwing in a Pokemon item, two opposite wings to function as wings, it wouldn't work, seriously.

This time, however, I slipped into being a Pokefurry.

But something changed after the Pokemon Crystal era.

1623184824895.png

Yes, this was my second attempt at Terraria role-playing, and first where I've joined one. Still a Poke-furry back then, but slowly, over time, and over a few dramas, we've gone to this:
1623184911499.png

There's me casually ignoring that Mane Six already had an alicorn. To my defence, I only became a brony shortly before that post. I swear Discord was possessing my user account back then...
1623185070349.png

And yes, only recently I had a pony-related picture. At first it was Rainbow Dash, then proto-Flask (which looked like drawn by 6 yo child), and finally this Flask. I remember the times where I had worse avatars though. Bleh, the first edit of Charizard into wyvern version of it or the first PFP in general. Then it was Dario from The Settlers V, then Thartler, then a polandball(custom one), then the snivy, first the shiny, then purple (still my OC). And in 2020 it was a dragon. Yes, I was scalie more than furry for 3 months.

Also why in 2020 I had obsession with alternate version of Russia? I won't know that.

I think I only matured in 2021, when I decided to scratch it and just have fun doing roleplay. My pattern during the life followed this.

2015-2018 - Stronger equals better.
2019-2020 - My balance is more important than strength (and fun).
2021 - Scratch it, I've done goofed, let's just drop grudges and don't worry much about power, after all, fun is more important than balance or strength.

Also, 2021 was my turn to more optimistic self, after 2019 and 2020 self was kind of edgy.

You can say I didn't experience much, I won't lie, in spite of getting into fandoms my life was pretty ordinary (bar the pandemic) it was a truth.
But I now control the demons that plagued me for long, not let myself be controlled.

This was my journey from a fresh Terrarian to experienced role-player.

Last edited:
I apparently joined the forums asking if anyone knew how to fix the map reset bug on xbox. I have literally no recollection of this. Furthermore, I don’t know how I knew to enter my account details—which I didn’t even knew I had—into the forums. I’ve created a self-inducing paradox.

So, I guess I have been less forgetful about things?

It has been 9 months since I joined the Terraria Community Forums, it is a fun experience being here.
To be honest, I expected less. My original intention here was to see community-created contents like mods and texture packs. Occasionally replies on them and have fun. But then I realized that there are forum games and it really made my days.
Unexpectedly, this place was one of the most important experience to me. Because this was one of the first community I (officially) joined (+Reddit and Youtube) and it also sparks my creativity, specifically writing stories. I really love the people here as well, and I love the creation you guys made.
Honestly, I want to stay here for the longest time :]

I just join the Terraria Community Forums last month so I can't say i've grown alot but i have a very fun experience being here and discovered new stuff also i learn how to use 'spoiler:' and themes. It's also fun to talk to people and post stuff too

Back
Top Bottom