Mobile Frame drops and crashes

Mobile OS
Fire OS
I' m playing on a kindle fire 10 (up to date model), and the game sometimes has huge lag spikes (even when all settings set to be frame efficient), it appears to be caused by mini-map and screen effects.

Last edited:
turn frameskip to on, and maybe frame rate from 60 to 30 to help reduce it, but the crashes can't quite be stopped because your device may have problems running it, although how much storage do you have? it could be related to that, i have a kindle fire gen 7 and it seems yours may either have less of a problem than mine or more. mine just crashes somewhere randomly from an hour to about 4 hours rarely(rarely to very high, 1.4 did decrease the amount of times i crash though)

Also, Here are some extra settings you can use:
-Turn off backgrounds

Also, in-game, closing the minimap when the game is getting crunchy can help.

Some other things that helped me is are:
-Close all other apps while playing Terraria
-Make sure you arent using too much device storage.
-Reset your device.

My phone has the same amount of Ram, so I think these thungs might help.

-Turn off backgrounds

-Reset your device.

do you mean restart your device? becasue resetting can literally lose progress in games right?

-Turn off backgrounds

-Reset your device.

I have done most of these, but not the minimap closing, I will see how that goes.

I guess it depend on your problem. In boss battles the frameskip is helpful, but if your game is just crashing, idk what else to say.

Yeah, actually one of the admin of this forum suggested that to me once. Apparently the minimap takes a lot of processing

this bug is quite common on servers as well, the player would die, then crash, i have already forwarded this bug over to the admin, and it has been reported, it will be patched in the next update

Back
Top Bottom