Framework.dll Error, Terraria not being able to launch.

Suprarn

Terrarian
Hello! I've seen a few people getting this problem, but mine is slightly different (doens't have the '.Graphics.dll') and I've tried all I've seen on this subject and nothing has worked yet.

My error:
Exceção Sem Tratamento: System.BadImageFormatException: Não foi possível carregar arquivo ou assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' ou uma de suas dependências. não é um aplicativo Win32 válido. (Exceção de HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
em Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
em Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
List of things that I've tried:
  • Reinstalling Terraria;
  • Verifying integrity of files on steam;
  • Reinstalling Microsoft XNA;
  • Restarting the PC;
  • Repairing XNA;
  • Compatibility;
  • Reinstalling Steam completely;
  • This:
    Thank you for including all the possible information I could ask for.
    We are going to slightly retrace a step you took. We're going to make sure that ALL 32 bits AND 64 bits are placed into their correct system folder for all the Non-Windows dependencies. We're doing this just to be safe, if we rule out it's none of these that means it's a Windows system file causing the issue. The in-place upgrade doesn't touch files that do not need to be touched, so it's very possible it didn't fix the system files that we needed fix.
    Your options here if this doesn't work is to do a clean reinstall of the OS or boot off of another OS and manually replace the files yourself. If you consider yourself an advanced user I recommend the second option. If you are not so sure then do the first option.
    Remember your 64 bit DLL's go in System32 and your 32 bit DLL's go in SysWow64.
    32 Bit D3D8THK.dll goes in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    64 Bit D3D8THK.dll goes in C:\Windows\System32
    32 Bit D3D9.dll goes in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    64 Bit D3D9.dll goes in C:\Windows\System32
    32 Bit D3DX9_41.dll goes in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    64 Bit D3DX9_41.dll goes in C:\Windows\System32
    32 Bit MSVCR100.dll goes in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    64 Bit MSVCR100.dll goes in C:\Windows\System32
    32 Bit MSVCRT.dll goes in C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    64 Bit MSVCRT.dll goes in C:\Windows\System32
    Download link to DLL Package.
This seems to be everything, so far.

I'm running on Windows 10, 64 bit.

Last edited:
It's been a while and I STILL have the problem. I've tried seeking help on the matter but the few people that actually responded and tried to help couldn't fix it.

Would love to get the attention of someone who can fix this.

It's been a while and I STILL have the problem. I've tried seeking help on the matter but the few people that actually responded and tried to help couldn't fix it.

Would love to get the attention of someone who can fix this.
i have some cloud issuesor so i think do you have terraria om more than one pc shareing the same steam account?

So apparently the error changed now. I've tried a lot of more stuff to fix this, maybe I somehow affected the error. Still not solved though.

Now it is:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix' from assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Help?

So apparently the error changed now. I've tried a lot of more stuff to fix this, maybe I somehow affected the error. Still not solved though.

Now it is:

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Matrix' from assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Help?
in your terraria folder there is a installer that installs/repairs the XNA frame work its called "xnafx40_redist.msi" restart your pc and run it and see if it works and try installing it and repairing it

in your terraria folder there is a installer that installs/repairs the XNA frame work its called "xnafx40_redist.msi" restart your pc and run it and see if it works and try installing it and repairing it
Yeah, I've already tried that. Didn't work

Back
Top Bottom