tModLoader Frec's Addons (Aka the no-fishing-simulator-and-other-stuff-mod)

Frec

Steampunker
These are the Multifishers
FrecRod1.png
FrecRod2.png
FrecRod3.png
FrecRod5.png
FrecRod4.png

For each upgrade both the fishing power and number of lines thrown will increase
To craft the first one ask the guide what to do with a
Reinforced_Fishing_Pole.png
, the rest are all upgrades of the previous one

And here are the baits
FrecBait1.png
FrecBait2.png
FrecBait3.png

Giving the guide a piece of gel will reveal all of their recipes

(Still unbalanced, wip)
CharmThing.png

give the guide each herb for crafting recipes

Tier 2 charms increases effects
they are crafted with 2 of the previous charm and 15x of a certain material for each

The Omni charm (That rainbow ugly thingy wip) is a combination of all tier 2 charms

Daybloom Charm
Increases health regeneration during day

Moonglow Charm
Emits an aura of light during night

Shiverthorn Charm
Provides immunity to chill effect

Waterleaf Charm
Increases mobility and allows slow fall during rain, allows swimming

Fireblossom Charm
Provides immunity to On Fire! effect

Deathweed Charm
Increases damage by 5%

Blinkroot Charm
Increases mining speed when underground

Expert Accessories
Expert.png

Exactly what you wold expect, but the further you go, the more enemies become friendly!

Original stuff
Boots.png

Air.png

Exploration.png

These do not require an explanation do they?

Feel free to suggest and/or criticize in any way
Can be downloaded from mod browser, or

FrecMod.png

Last edited:
A mod for impatient and lazy people? I 100% support. I hope there will be upgrades to the mining charm or special tools that break more than one block at a time because I remember that one drill from exo avalon that broke I think 7x7 blocks and it was amazing and I think this is a run on sentence.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that the sprites look awesome.

I hope there will be upgrades to the mining charm or special tools that break more than one block at a time because I remember that one drill from exo avalon that broke I think 7x7 blocks and it was amazing
If i ever manage to make something this difficult to implement, I'll do it right away :D
As for the mining charm, there will definitely be more upgrades, no worries.

I'm not one for 'cheaty' mods, but this one's alright. I personally don't mind fishing but sometimes I just don't like sitting around trying to get a ton of materials for potions. Although this is just a small issue, but will the fishing pole lines be fixed so they aren't coming out of the player's crotch? XD

That's something i didn't even notice X'D
I'll try to see what's going on as soon as possible

I think its just because the 'start' of the fishing line is positioned on the player's crotch and not the tip of the fishing rod.

I gave up trying to make this sound not sexual.

This mod is pretty good, but has a few issues.

1. Rods
The reinforced multi fisher is called the reinforced fishing line, and all other custom hooks are called the hotline fishing hook (Stats are fine, but the names are changed). Also, the Holy and Lunar rods are shown as requiring 8 of the previous rods, not 1 as shown on the post.
20170615184047_1.jpg
20170615184053_1.jpg
20170615184056_1.jpg
20170615184057_1.jpg

2. Baits
The baits are simply called "Apprentice", "Journeyman", and "Master" Bait.

20170615184040_1.jpg
20170615184042_1.jpg
20170615184044_1.jpg

3. Charms
The Herb Charms have no tooltips.

This mod is pretty good, but has a few issues.

1. Rods
The reinforced multi fisher is called the reinforced fishing line, and all other custom hooks are called the hotline fishing hook (Stats are fine, but the names are changed). Also, the Holy and Lunar rods are shown as requiring 8 of the previous rods, not 1 as shown on the post.

2. Baits
The baits are simply called "Apprentice", "Journeyman", and "Master" Bait.

3. Charms
The Herb Charms have no tooltips.
For the name and tooltips, that's because you're using an old version of tModLoader, probably v0.9.x, which uses tooltips and names differently (i think);
as for the recipes... i'm just stupid, i'll fix that right now.

Will you make a combination of all the herb charms? Also, the moonglow charm seems kinda useless if I only get the light during the day and not the night.

Will you make a combination of all the herb charms? Also, the moonglow charm seems kinda useless if I only get the light during the day and not the night.
Yes, something like that will happen eventally,
Also I wrote it wrong, it gives off light during night.

I'd like to suggest an ultimate herb charm made with all herb charms, a strange plant and 10 sunflowers. I'd be appreciated if this will be made.

I'd like to suggest an ultimate herb charm made with all herb charms, a strange plant and 10 sunflowers. I'd be appreciated if this will be made.
I wanted to make something a bit more complex and interesting, but the end result will pretty much be that, so don't worry.
I just need to find the right idea :p

Hello, could you put an option to set off the fishing part of the mod? I think it's a bit (too much) op so... that would be awesome, the other two modules are fantastics, but i suggest to make te super herb emblems hard mode only (like craft @hardmodeanvil). Nice mod ;3
If you want to balance the fishing module you could make the bait buyable at the fisher npc, or at least make it more expensive. And you could nerf the fish power of the multi lure fishers... i mean, having already multi lures is op but having that incredible fishing power is too much.

First of all, great mod. Downloaded this as soon as i saw it on the forums.

Contrary to what others have said, I actually like the OP-ness of the fishing rods and the fishing bait. This mod is after all (as the title suggests...) supposed to make fishing a little less grindy and more rewarding. Nerfing something that was deemed the purpose of the mod seems a little like stepping backwards. If i wanted less power i'd use vanilla stuff ;)

That being said, the bait could be a little more expensive. Right now, there's not much stopping you from getting the most powerful bait straight into hardmode. Perhaps using some mech boss souls could help gate it a little further into hardmode progression?

Really looking forward to seeing what you do with this mod. It's been serving me fantastically so far.

hey , love your mod but can i request a dumb thing?i love the upgrades for expert items , but i kinda find it annoying that the more it upgrades , the more enemies get friendly.can you make a way to deactivate that so only slimes remain friendly?i know is the dumbest thing you might've heard but i think that should be an option.thx and keep the good work

hey , love your mod but can i request a dumb thing?i love the upgrades for expert items , but i kinda find it annoying that the more it upgrades , the more enemies get friendly.can you make a way to deactivate that so only slimes remain friendly?i know is the dumbest thing you might've heard but i think that should be an option.thx and keep the good work
As soon as i get some free time I'll work to see if I can add a config option, and I'll probably nerf it in some way nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom