PC freeze spikes on WIN 10

dvorakdev

Terrarian
Hello everyone!

I installed terraria again on my new PC and i am getting random sudden freezes which last like 1-3 seconds.

When i play singleplayer everything is OK but when i host server (only 3 ppl tho) i got those freezes.

Game is basically unplayable i am dying a lot cos od those freezes
On my laptop i can play games like ARK and Resident evil on ultra so i dont think that my pc is low for terraria :)

Maybe windows 10 is a problem?
also i have AMD graphics

Frame Skip : on
Lighting : retro
Multicore lig. off
Quality : auto
Background off
Blood and gore : off
Heat distortion : enabled
storm effects : enabled
waves quality : off

please help me ❤️

I only recently got this issue, so annoying. I had it on single player as well :(

I fixed it by:

- Finding the Terraria game folder (I did it by right clicking the game in the Steam library - Properties - local files tab - browse local files) copied the files named 'Players' and 'Worlds' only, put them somewhere safe. Then deleted all of the files in the folder.
- Uninstalled the game through steam.
- Went to my Documents folder - My Games -Terraria, again copied the folders named 'Players' and 'Worlds', put those somewhere safe too, then deleted the folder named 'Terraria' in My Games
- Then reinstalled the game through Steam, but installed it on my SSD instead. Launched the game and got the settings the way I wanted them.
- I had a look through the 'Players' and 'Worlds' folders to see which worlds and players I wanted to keep, then copied them back over to the newly created Terraria folder back in My Documents - My Games.

This fixed it and kept all of my worlds and characters. I also turned off cloud syncing for Terraria.

I hope this fixes it for you, I was getting so wound up.

Back
Top Bottom