Switch Freezing A LOT OF IT

Cloudshift

Terrarian
I'm on a small world with gore effect turned off. Freezing usually happens when fighting bosses and participating events. Turned autosave off same thing happens. Reinstalled the game more than 10 times. Had the worst port ever for 30 bucks which is much more expensive than PC.

I already submitted the report under Terraria: Mobile and Console Bug Form so please DON'T suggest that Mods we need actions instead of the same reply to the same issue.

Here's a short clip to the issue:

I'm also having the same issue. So far it's happened once during the destroyer fight, 4 times during pirate invasions, and 5 time while I've been grinding in the post-plantera dungeon. I tried waiting 10 minutes during one freeze and it didn't fix itself so I just closed the game. Medium world in both single and multiplayer. My game is installed on the system, not an SD card.
Edit: Just happened 3 more times during the lunar event and once during a solar eclipse.

Last edited:
I have the same problem, my theory is that maybe there is a chance it can happen when there is too much happening on one screen, like particle effects, and it may depend on the console, because on mine it can happen anytime when there is lots happening not just with events or boss fights.

I'm on a small world with gore effect turned off. Freezing usually happens when fighting bosses and participating events. Turned autosave off same thing happens. Reinstalled the game more than 10 times. Had the worst port ever for 30 bucks which is much more expensive than PC.

I already submitted the report under Terraria: Mobile and Console Bug Form so please DON'T suggest that Mods we need actions instead of the same reply to the same issue.

Here's a short clip to the issue:

Thanks so much for sending in your info to the developers using the report link @Cloushift, and for sharing the video here for others to see. Hopefully there can be something done to alleviate this issue, I completely understand your frustration.

I'm also having the same issue. So far it's happened once during the destroyer fight, 4 times during pirate invasions, and 5 time while I've been grinding in the post-plantera dungeon. I tried waiting 10 minutes during one freeze and it didn't fix itself so I just closed the game. Medium world in both single and multiplayer. My game is installed on the system, not an SD card.
Edit: Just happened 3 more times during the lunar event and once during a solar eclipse.
me too...
I have the same problem, my theory is that maybe there is a chance it can happen when there is too much happening on one screen, like particle effects, and it may depend on the console, because on mine it can happen anytime when there is lots happening not just with events or boss fights.
@WaifuBeforeLaifu @서리불 @WhopsInc. - if you haven't already, I strongly encourage you to send in as much info (and even a video like Cloushift did if you can) to the console developers, Pipeworks, so that they can see and hear what you're experiencing. The more info that they receive, the better they may be able to find a solution. Pipeworks prefers to receive bug reports at their dedicated report link (and this is the quickest, guaranteed way to get them the info): Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

I wish I could do more. I can't unfreeze the game for you, but I can let you know where to send your concerns so that the developers hear it. :)

Created this account to come see if I could find another way to report these bugs but it's very clear that I'm not alone in these issues. Currently I'm playing on a small world, single and multiplayer. Game has small skips during any big fight, and freezes entirely during big fights when I'm using weapons like Terra Blade or Water Bolt. I've submitted bug reports via the Console and Mobile Bug Form, it would just be nice to hear that a fix is in the works. My wife and kids all enjoying playing, and the switch is the most reasonable way for us to play together in some capacity (we have two of them, and the split screen on Xbox is impossible to see the ux). Either way, love this game, just currently regretting the 30 bucks on switch, and hoping that fixes come soon so the family can enjoy playing this wonderful game.

Created this account to come see if I could find another way to report these bugs but it's very clear that I'm not alone in these issues. Currently I'm playing on a small world, single and multiplayer. Game has small skips during any big fight, and freezes entirely during big fights when I'm using weapons like Terra Blade or Water Bolt. I've submitted bug reports via the Console and Mobile Bug Form, it would just be nice to hear that a fix is in the works. My wife and kids all enjoying playing, and the switch is the most reasonable way for us to play together in some capacity (we have two of them, and the split screen on Xbox is impossible to see the ux). Either way, love this game, just currently regretting the 30 bucks on switch, and hoping that fixes come soon so the family can enjoy playing this wonderful game.
Same things happens with me too much on the screen and it freezes

Happens to me in dungeon and i was looking for a water bolt and muramasa and everytime i find one five minutes later the game freezes and when i reload the game and go back to the dungeon i find the chest i found muramasa in and the shelves of the water bolt empty meaning they were deleted from the world permanently rip big sad now i have to create a new world because it keeps crashing and because i can no longer find essential items

I just registered here to report this same issue. The game freezes completely. I am at the very beginning and found a boomerang. I threw it a few times and the game completely froze. During its flight i tried to switch to another item in my hot bar, and it locked up. The image stays on screen and the Home button works but no audio just the still image.

Back
Top Bottom