PS3 Freezing in certain places underground

Emily Vos

Terrarian
Game freezes when I go to the underground jungle just above the Underworld. Game freezes when I go to the Cavern layer in the middle of my world. Game freezes when I go to my dungeon usually right around the first two tunnels leading downwards. I've noticed that it freezes usually as I'm falling through the air downwards. I've tried many different things to try and stop this from happening, but without prevail, it still freezes. Hope this gets fixed soon.

I have a large world, and I have a disk of terraria, so I'm not sure how I would delete that. Also, if there is a way to delete it, would I still have my same world and and my stuff?

I have a large world, and I have a disk of terraria, so I'm not sure how I would delete that. Also, if there is a way to delete it, would I still have my same world and and my stuff?
You play it on disc? I didn't know that was an option. I thought it just gave you a code to download it...
EDIT: Normally you'd be able to delete just the game from your hdd and then download it again from the market place. I'm not sure about yours though. Where did you get the disc?

I got it from gamestop. Do you think it is freezing because of my copy of the game or is it a glitch/bug?

I got it from gamestop. Do you think it is freezing because of my copy of the game or is it a glitch/bug?
I'm not really sure, I've never encountered someone with a physical copy before... So it just plays right from the disc right? Have you tried to install it onto your hdd? Might boost processing speed and get rid of your error (you'll still need to put the disc in to play).

It plays right from the disk, I go to the game "tab" and underneath the PlayStation Store is the game. When I put in the game to play it for the first time, it did an installation thing by itself. All the new games I get do that, is that what you mean by installing it to my hard disk drive or is there an option to do that manually?
EDIT: I just read up about it, and supposedly playstation downloads it to the hdd automatically.

Last edited:
It plays right from the disk, I go to the game "tab" and underneath the PlayStation Store is the game. When I put in the game to play it for the first time, it did an installation thing by itself. All the new games I get do that, is that what you mean by installing it to my hard disk drive or is there an option to do that manually?
EDIT: I just read up about it, and supposedly playstation downloads it to the hdd automatically.
Just did some research on my own. Seems what I was talking about is a 360 only thing. You should be able to go to your storage and delete the downloaded game. Make sure you don't select the save files as well. If possible, I recommend backing them up in the cloud or on a thumb drive. Then re-download it. I can't guarantee this will fix your issue but it might.

Ok I will try that and get back to you on what the result is (if it fixed the problem or not)
So if I delete the downloaded game and then re-download it (keeping the save files) I should still have all my progress and world still there? And if it is all still there, when I load back up the game do I need to somehow put the save files back into the game, or will it all automatically be there?

Last edited:
Ok I will try that and get back to you on what the result is (if it fixed the problem or not)
So if I delete the downloaded game and then re-download it (keeping the save files) I should still have all my progress and world still there? And if it is all still there, when I load back up the game do I need to somehow put the save files back into the game, or will it all automatically be there?
It should automatically be there unless PS3s are really weird.

So I deleted it and the bug is still there... I'm still freezing in the same spots.
I've also did some more exploring around my world and found more places that it freezes. I can't enter my dungeon at all. I've tried going the long way by digging a tunnel a ways before the spot that it freezes and then dig over to get in, but I freeze at the same level under ground no matter where I'm at in the world. The only place I can get sort of low is in the jungle, but I still can't get down low enough to the underworld.

Last edited:
So I deleted it and the bug is still there... I'm still freezing in the same spots.
I've also did some more exploring around my world and found more places that it freezes. I can't enter my dungeon at all. I've tried going the long way by digging a tunnel a ways before the spot that it freezes and then dig over to get in, but I freeze at the same level under ground no matter where I'm at in the world. The only place I can get sort of low is in the jungle, but I still can't get down low enough to the underworld.
Does it do this on other worlds too?

No, but I found something else that may be causing it. I went to the underground jungle where I can almost go down to hell. I found an area where it doesn't freeze and I headed right towards my dungeon. As I dug right, I found that the underground hallow, underground corruption, and the normal underground background textures were missing. Not the "walls" but the actual background. It's just a black background. I got to the right side of my world and was able to enter my dungeon, but it took a lot of digging. I tried quitting out of the game and going back in, but the textures were still missing. So could the missing background textures be whats causing it to freeze?

No, but I found something else that may be causing it. I went to the underground jungle where I can almost go down to hell. I found an area where it doesn't freeze and I headed right towards my dungeon. As I dug right, I found that the underground hallow, underground corruption, and the normal underground background textures were missing. Not the "walls" but the actual background. It's just a black background. I got to the right side of my world and was able to enter my dungeon, but it took a lot of digging. I tried quitting out of the game and going back in, but the textures were still missing. So could the missing background textures be whats causing it to freeze?
Seems something corrupted your world file so it didn't load properly. I suggest taking all the info you've gathered and filing a report here: http://www.505games.com/contact

Back
Top Bottom