Switch Freezing to the point of unplayablility

GDmitch

Terrarian
This is becoming highly frustrating. Although I understand that new updates will bring bugs, with 1.3.1 not being an overly huge update that I still appreciate, this has me honestly crushed. My game, on a small world (I really only play on small world) and my console + game being fully up to date, the freezing is just agonizing. Autosave one or off doesn't make a difference. It will freeze and remain frozen until the game is shut off and reopened. Sometimes, the framerate doesn't even have to be that high and the game just stops. Music plays but nothing works. This is especially annoying with fighting the pillars. I've beaten the moon lord on expert about 16 times on mobile and had no problem fighting him on console, but it will just freeze. I can't quick buy items either and if I move items (say a phantasm, magic mirror, shroomite mask, stardust dragon staff) in my inventory, it will sometimes just disappear. Not dropped, not put in a chest, thrown out, nothing! So each time I go fight golem, plantera, pillars it freezes. Cutting down trees, frozen. Trading with NPC's? Frozen. I'm just unable to defeat the solar pillar as my game will freeze and force me to reset. I mean it, I can't beat the solar pillar, n'or could I for a while with the nebula, stardust or vortex. Moon lord crashes, loading can be slow and lag is very prominent when playing. Mobile I could excuse for lag and crashing because it was still playable. My money trough, if shoping will show that I have 999 platinum, 999 gold, 999 silver and 999 copper, even if I have 0. Also a bit annoying. My hoverboard lights are gone and lighting and water physics can act pretty strange, so can the tally counter and lifeform analyzer. Just please, I really don't mean to sound whiney I am simply in-extremely frustrated, please fix the freezing. It's all I ask. Please. :(

This is becoming highly frustrating. Although I understand that new updates will bring bugs, with 1.3.1 not being an overly huge update that I still appreciate, this has me honestly crushed. My game, on a small world (I really only play on small world) and my console + game being fully up to date, the freezing is just agonizing. Autosave one or off doesn't make a difference. It will freeze and remain frozen until the game is shut off and reopened. Sometimes, the framerate doesn't even have to be that high and the game just stops. Music plays but nothing works. This is especially annoying with fighting the pillars. I've beaten the moon lord on expert about 16 times on mobile and had no problem fighting him on console, but it will just freeze. I can't quick buy items either and if I move items (say a phantasm, magic mirror, shroomite mask, stardust dragon staff) in my inventory, it will sometimes just disappear. Not dropped, not put in a chest, thrown out, nothing! So each time I go fight golem, plantera, pillars it freezes. Cutting down trees, frozen. Trading with NPC's? Frozen. I'm just unable to defeat the solar pillar as my game will freeze and force me to reset. I mean it, I can't beat the solar pillar, n'or could I for a while with the nebula, stardust or vortex. Moon lord crashes, loading can be slow and lag is very prominent when playing. Mobile I could excuse for lag and crashing because it was still playable. My money trough, if shoping will show that I have 999 platinum, 999 gold, 999 silver and 999 copper, even if I have 0. Also a bit annoying. My hoverboard lights are gone and lighting and water physics can act pretty strange, so can the tally counter and lifeform analyzer. Just please, I really don't mean to sound whiney I am simply in-extremely frustrated, please fix the freezing. It's all I ask. Please. :(
Hi @GDmitch, welcome to the forums, and thanks for sharing all this info, sorry to hear of the troubles you’re having.

If you haven’t already, I suggest sending in your info, with as much detail as possible straight to the console developers, Pipeworks, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form That is the quickest and guaranteed way for the developers to get your info. You may not get an answer as they can’t answer every individual report, but be assured that they get every report sent through that link. If you’re able to, sending replication steps and/or screenshots of some of these glitches would be extremely helpful as well. :)

Hey, you are not alone... my game freezes a lot, too... heck, sometimes it freezes when I am just standing around doing nothing... I have also noticed that when I am doing events, the message at the bottom that says how much of the event has cleared will disappear for a while like it is stopping, only to come back in a few minutes again - especially if I am standing below ground level at the time. Sometimes I can start a Frost Legion event (the little one with just snowballs) and it will begin, get up to about 10%, and then just stop (even though I haven't moved at all) for a few minutes... then the snowmen will suddenly start again... and it keeps going like that - every few minutes the amount cleared message will pop up on the screen again and a few more attackers will come... then they die and the message disappears again for a few minutes... and keeps doing this until the event is completed. It is really frustrating to start a Pumpkin Moon event and have the event *pause* for an hour or so (game time) and then decide to start again... once I was on wave 1 all the way until midnight because of this... other times (standing in the same spot doing the same thing) I can get to wave 5 before 8:30pm... so I think there is something wrong with the spawning procedure...???

Back
Top Bottom