Mobile Frequent Crashes on Amazon HD 8

Why Is Fish?

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Fire HD 8 (6th Generation)
Mobile OS
Android 5.1
I have been waiting a long time to inform about the crashes I have been experiencing, but the game has still been playable and I assumed that these crashes are still being fixed, so I decided to wait it out.
The game just cost me my last straw, a loss of over 150 fishing crates that I had just freshly opened at the start of hardmode in a routine crash, so I finally decided to share about my crashes.
Here is all of the information I can give regarding my Amazon Kindle HD 8's crashes:
-Have been playing on a large (expert) world since the start of the update in about October.
-Crashes are regular, occoring once about every 30 minutes.
-There is no warning as to when a crash will happen.
-Crashes often result in a loss of items, such as the complete dissaperence of my 150 fishing crates, or loss of progress in building projects.
-I have taken every measure possible to reduce lag on my device through game settings. (Low graphics options.)
-Most of the time there is no noticable loss during a crash. (Building progress or lost items.)
-I experienced similar crashes at the beginning of the 1.2 update which often would result in loss of items. (I lost a newly crafted Tera blade and all crafting components.)
-These crashes have been happening since the release of the update in October.
That is all of the info I can give from the top of my head.
These crashes have really caused problems in my Terraria experience. They made it almost impossible to kill the dungeon guardian, as the game could not remain stable enough to handle the grind (took two weeks as opposed to two days of work). They have set me back hours on building projects and item collection. Now, I am currently in the hole 150 fishing crates (I actually have to mine for hardmode ores lol). I hope that these crashes are already known and being worked on, but if not I'll get by. Keep up the great work! Love the game!

I have been waiting a long time to inform about the crashes I have been experiencing, but the game has still been playable and I assumed that these crashes are still being fixed, so I decided to wait it out.
The game just cost me my last straw, a loss of over 150 fishing crates that I had just freshly opened at the start of hardmode in a routine crash, so I finally decided to share about my crashes.
Here is all of the information I can give regarding my Amazon Kindle HD 8's crashes:
-Have been playing on a large (expert) world since the start of the update in about October.
-Crashes are regular, occoring once about every 30 minutes.
-There is no warning as to when a crash will happen.
-Crashes often result in a loss of items, such as the complete dissaperence of my 150 fishing crates, or loss of progress in building projects.
-I have taken every measure possible to reduce lag on my device through game settings. (Low graphics options.)
-Most of the time there is no noticable loss during a crash. (Building progress or lost items.)
-I experienced similar crashes at the beginning of the 1.2 update which often would result in loss of items. (I lost a newly crafted Tera blade and all crafting components.)
-These crashes have been happening since the release of the update in October.
That is all of the info I can give from the top of my head.
These crashes have really caused problems in my Terraria experience. They made it almost impossible to kill the dungeon guardian, as the game could not remain stable enough to handle the grind (took two weeks as opposed to two days of work). They have set me back hours on building projects and item collection. Now, I am currently in the hole 150 fishing crates (I actually have to mine for hardmode ores lol). I hope that these crashes are already known and being worked on, but if not I'll get by. Keep up the great work! Love the game!
Hi there, thanks for sharing all of this info. If you haven't already I encourage you to send this directly to DR Studios, the mobile developers, here: Terraria (Mobile) (you may need to create an account to send through a report).

Just used a map download to get my crates back. :)
Just a friendly reminder to be careful of the worlds/maps that you download. If a world was made in PC or edited outside of the mobile game there may be some unintended effects. And also a friendly reminder to make frequent backup copies of your own players and worlds. Instructions for that are here: Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Backup/Restore Instructions for Amazon Fire

Back
Top Bottom