Good idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No!

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

sodapone🌳

Wall of Flesh
Another revived TO suggestion of mine, with some aspects refined and the Lunar-tier upgrade removed. Let's get right into it.

Changed Mechanics
  • When a player dies, the gravestone they drop will glow blue, indicating that Phoenix Down can be used. Once the player respawns, the glow will fade.
  • NPCs will also drop gravestones on death. However, they only stay as mobile entities and never place themselves. They also glow to indicate that Phoenix Down can be used, and once the NPC respawns, either through Phoenix Down or naturally, it will disappear.

Phoenix Down
"Revives players and NPCs
Right-click their grave when it is glowing to revive"
If Phoenix Down is in a player's inventory and they mouse over a glowing grave, a tooltip with Phoenix Down's icon will appear. Right-clicking will consume one Phoenix Down and revive the player instantly, on the spot, with full health. The same effect occurs with NPCs. Revived players are inflicted with Revival Sickness for 2 minutes afterward.

Crafting
Station: Alchemy Station
Feather x1
Fireblossom x3
Soul of Light x1

Revival Sickness
Debuff
-50% damage penalty, 25% use time penalty.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes

Yes and yes
also, yes

Have I said yes?
kmy54fT.png

You really need to balance the recipe. It's so incredibly cheap as to break the game.

Maybe we could pose some limitations such as...
All debuffs wear off
Players may carry only one/you must equip it(otherwise what stops a player from making a ton of these and just never dying)

Regarding the item itself, perhaps making a more gated recipe would do it good, as is you could easily get these post WoF, which is really early for an item of such magnitude.

Its a cool idea but right now it's broken and too easy to obtain.

Agree with the chap above me; far too easy to obtain.

Although I DO kind of see where you're going with this. Might be good for new players who aren't used to the difficulty of hardmode, but even so, there's no downside to using this.

Agree with the chap above me; far too easy to obtain.

Although I DO kind of see where you're going with this. Might be good for new players who aren't used to the difficulty of hardmode, but even so, there's no downside to using this.
Perhaps a debuff like Revival Sickness is in order, then.

Perhaps a debuff like Revival Sickness is in order, then.
Should be more than just "cannot revive for x seconds" though, maybe halve their attack stats for three minutes (and no more feather for five). Also forces them to lose half their coins no matter what, (as in the coins are just deleted from inventory).

I don't think forcing them to auto lose coins is fair as you can retrieve items you lost after death and revival.

I do like the idea of the no revival for x time.
Perhaps for stats it can just half damage and not all stats as a halved defense against a endgame boss isn't pretty.

I don't think forcing them to auto lose coins is fair as you can retrieve items you lost after death and revival.

I do like the idea of the no revival for x time.
Perhaps for stats it can just half damage and not all stats as a halved defense against a endgame boss isn't pretty.
My point with the auto-lose coins is so that they have to consider if using the feather is actually worth it or not. Would I rather like a second chance or 20 gold coins?

Halve the attack stats. Probably should have said damage but close.

My point with the auto-lose coins is so that they have to consider if using the feather is actually worth it or not. Would I rather like a second chance or 20 gold coins?

Halve the attack stats. Probably should have said damage but close.

Even then you still have to consider new players. Will they know it makes you lose gold?
It's also a slap on the wrist considering most deaths, especially ones where you die twice, will probably be due to bosses and any sane person would put their money away first. I just think the halved damage and a debut that prevents usage again quickly would be good.

Also consider changing the name since Final Fantasy use Phoenix downs.
Maybe just Phoenix Feather?

Back
Top Bottom