• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Frontiers

Masi0819

The Destroyer
Banner-2.png

Welcome to the Frontiers Mod, a progressive content mod. Frontiers focuses on adding new and fresh content rather than adapting or changing core gameplay. Same Terraria, new content, everywhere. The player is able to fight, craft, and explore 7 packed Frontiers. Each one with a respective timeline in real human history. From the icy depths of the Frostwork to the far reaches of outer space you will always have something to find and do. There are a few amazing well rounded content mods out there and we aim to be the newest to the plate. Please let us know your feedback and any suggestions.

GelidCutlass.png

Gelid Cutlass
An ice sword!? Yes it is very cool and easy to make.
- 1 handful ice core
- 5 cups of frozen gel
You get the point :rolleyes:

BrumalPickaxe.png

Brumal Pickaxe
Sharp and cold, a bold move if you ask me. An icy pickaxe
made from icy ingredients like frozen gel and ice cores.

iceArmor.png

Verglas Armor
Ice armor isn't that cold after all, especially this one. Made from commonly
found resources in the snow biome.

TribalCharm.png

Tribal Charm
The local tribe in the snow biome don't attack you anymore, huh...?
Rusim_Sword.png
Rusim Sword
A badass sword made from ancient materials trapped in
the dust depths of the Primeval Forest.

MalleableMalevolence.png

Malleable Malevolence
Thats a mouthful huh? This stuff doesn't make any sense
but it is useful, you'll see why...

ChitinSmasher.png

Chitin Smasher
It's not a paintbrush, it is a hammer. And it is very heavy
but powerful.

AndiluvianAxe.png

Andiluvian Axe
This axe is made from dinosaur scales, good luck getting them...
SiderealiteBlade.png

Sidrealite Sword
Made from the stuff from the meteor that
killed the dinosaurs. It looks kinda neat.

SidrealitePick.png
Sidrealite Pickaxe
Also made from the stuff in the meteor that
killed the dinosaurs. This is a pickaxe though.

SidrealiteAxe.png

Sidrealite Axe
The stuff in the meteor called Sidrealite can be made into
Sidrealite tools!

More 3rd Frontier stuff coming...

The Frontiers Mod primary flagship class. Composed of runes, weapons, and casts this class is like no other.
When used properly even the weakest weapons can slay enemies just the same as high tier weapons.

Content:
HighLucidPotion.png

High Lucid Energy Potion

Restores 100 rift energy,

LucidPotion.png

Lucid Energy Potion

Restores 50 rift energy.

Planned content with sprites coming soon:

Occult Ore
Found in the cavern layer, used to make runic weapons.

Occult Bar
A bar made from Occult ore.

Scathed Blade
A runic sword, capable of being bound with runes.

Arcane Caster
A runic mage weapon, capable of being bound with runes.

The team:
Masi0819: Creator, Spriter, Developer, musician and conceptualizer.
Pbone: Developer.
Ajricewiz: Spriter.
Manzello: Spriter.
Ruile: Artist and Conceptualizer.
Music Man: Music creator and Conceptualizer.
Maker of Scratchock Live™️: Helper.​

Last edited:

Sora_92

Terrarian
Interesting idea.

I thought though first when you said technological advancement, etc. that it's like stone age --> ancient age/antiquity --> medieval --> premodern --> modern --> digital/future
the ice age, then dinosaurs then alien or whatever sounds much more chaotic tech-wise... but terraria is kind of like that to begin with.

but how would biomes change from one to another? like snow, then turning into forest then whatever? what would trigger these changes, what would happen with structures of previous frontiers, etc.

Masi0819

The Destroyer
Interesting idea.

I thought though first when you said technological advancement, etc. that it's like stone age --> ancient age/antiquity --> medieval --> premodern --> modern --> digital/future
the ice age, then dinosaurs then alien or whatever sounds much more chaotic tech-wise... but terraria is kind of like that to begin with.

but how would biomes change from one to another? like snow, then turning into forest then whatever? what would trigger these changes, what would happen with structures of previous frontiers, etc.
The Biome would change by defeating the respective boss, and time will also play a factor. A day or two at most.
The progression will go a little quicker than you might've thought. The 5th frontier is when technology starts becoming a key part, here are the 7 Frontiers in one word.
1st Frozen
2nd Forest/tribal
3rd meteor
4th mystical
5th technological
6th nuclear
Final Space

Sora_92

Terrarian
The Biome would change by defeating the respective boss, and time will also play a factor. A day or two at most.
The progression will go a little quicker than you might've thought. The 5th frontier is when technology starts becoming a key part, here are the 7 Frontiers in one word.
1st Frozen
2nd Forest/tribal
3rd meteor
4th mystical
5th technological
6th nuclear
Final Space
I'm still not quite sure how would they change. Like what about structures, etc.? And what about modifications the players do on the biome?

Masi0819

The Destroyer
I'm still not quite sure how would they change. Like what about structures, etc.? And what about modifications the players do on the biome?
So the first frontier which is in the snow biome would have the Tribal Huts with chests. When the tribal boss is defeated the biome will slowly melt over the next few days, this will be done by an "X" amount of snow tiles being converted into our new forest tiles. The huts will become run down once the biome is officially converted. That happens exactly 2 full days after defeating the mini-boss(this is only for the frozen frontier btw). Any modifications to the biome or huts won't matter, all snow tiles will be eventually made into forest tiles. player built structures that aren't part of the world gen are exempt. large trees grow over the next two days also. The structures generated below and aboveground stay the same, the tiles just change. That is different for the meteor though, only a small amount of pre-gened structures will remain after impact. Think normal meteor impact, but a lot bigger and more detailed.

Sora_92

Terrarian
So the first frontier which is in the snow biome would have the Tribal Huts with chests. When the tribal boss is defeated the biome will slowly melt over the next few days, this will be done by an "X" amount of snow tiles being converted into our new forest tiles. The huts will become run down once the biome is officially converted. That happens exactly 2 full days after defeating the mini-boss(this is only for the frozen frontier btw). Any modifications to the biome or huts won't matter, all snow tiles will be eventually made into forest tiles. player built structures that aren't part of the world gen are exempt. large trees grow over the next two days also. The structures generated below and aboveground stay the same, the tiles just change. That is different for the meteor though, only a small amount of pre-gened structures will remain after impact. Think normal meteor impact, but a lot bigger and more detailed.
That sounds complex and difficult to code I guess, but my main concern is more that biomes that change, or things that affect the world changiing/destroying tiles beyond the players' control are rare, I guess and probably because such changes are usually not well received by the players.

Would if affect the actual snow biome generated upon world generation? or some biome unique to this mod?

Masi0819

The Destroyer
That sounds complex and difficult to code I guess, but my main concern is more that biomes that change, or things that affect the world changiing/destroying tiles beyond the players' control are rare, I guess and probably because such changes are usually not well received by the players.

Would if affect the actual snow biome generated upon world generation? or some biome unique to this mod?
This would be built into the snow biome similar to the glacier from tremor. Some existing snow biome would remain. So to answer your question. It would effect the world generated biome a little. I wanted this mod to be different and I see a changing, living breathing biome as something new. This biome will be roughly half of the existing snow biome, think of this biome as a canvas for each frontier. Snow, melts becomes forest, meteor hits. Only changes will happen in this biome!

CubedLight

Terrarian
Hi everyone,

I'm a friend of Masi0819 IRL and I offered to help out with this mod. I don't want to over commit to this project as I have a lot of other things in my life keeping me busy and the reason I am doing this is solely out of my own curiosity and I am not getting paid, but I'm hoping to at least help this project get up and running. I definitely think that what he is proposing right now is a little over ambitious and will need to be scaled back some. I will be talking to him today about making some changes so expect an update soon.

Masi0819

The Destroyer
Hi everyone,

I'm a friend of Masi0819 IRL and I offered to help out with this mod. I don't want to over commit to this project as I have a lot of other things in my life keeping me busy and the reason I am doing this is solely out of my own curiosity and I am not getting paid, but I'm hoping to at least help this project get up and running. I definitely think that what he is proposing right now is a little over ambitious and will need to be scaled back some. I will be talking to him today about making some changes so expect an update soon.
Hello Cubed! I will be providing an update on the mod plans at 4:30pm et. Don’t worry not a whole lot is changing!

Masi0819

The Destroyer
This looks like a really cool mod! Are there any support banners coming soon? Keep up the nice sprites!
Thank you! It means a lot! I haven’t thought about support banners yet but I’ll work on some and release them in the coming weeks.

Masi0819

The Destroyer
This sounds like a great mod! However, I fear that the textures might be sub par, such as the title.
I’m working on a better title, and the title isn’t a great representation of the textures. Thank you for your feedback and I hope you can enjoy this mod one day!

Top Bottom