Console frost moon event disappearing loot [PS and Xboxes]

Yeah, had the same behavior too. Queen Bee spawned during Frost Moon event once, and the loot disappearing. Although i did have quite a number of traps etc. wich i removed completely to test out the "item limit theory". With lava only (not deep) the result was the same, the loot disappeared after a while, still managed to collect the most of it :) Much more fun to grind without the traps also. Such a shame the spectre/dragon/"insert missing beetle here" armor in current state encourages solo players to use traps etc. in the first place (cough)

Also done (for PS3)

<DP merged>

At least during the Frost moon those sightings would be explained by the fact that the Ice Queen's projectiles would inadvertently destroy Larva, which would trigger the Queen Bee.
I'm not getting the Queen Bee spawn, but I still have vanishing loot problems. I keep seeing blizzard staffs etc. drop and then vanish seconds later, and this doesn't happen during the pumpkin moon event. I understand that glitches happen and on the whole I'm having a lot of fun playing the game, but this needs to be sorted soon as we don't even get the full game for our money (unless 1.3 is about to hit PSN..?).

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that glitches happen and on the whole I'm having a lot of fun playing the game, but this needs to be sorted soon as we don't even get the full game for our money (unless 1.3 is about to hit PSN..?).
I'm not sure exactly what they're working on atm, but I'd bet bug fixes are a big part of that. I wouldn't even mention 1.3 right now since we're practically only at 1.2.2 on consoles :p

PS - Please edit your original post rather than double posting :)

I'm not sure exactly what they're working on atm, but I'd bet bug fixes are a big part of that. I wouldn't even mention 1.3 right now since we're practically only at 1.2.2 on consoles :p

PS - Please edit your original post rather than double posting :)

It told me it didn't post, so I copied & pasted. As for 1.3, I'd happily pay extra for it as DLC, I spent twelve quid on the main game and I'm loving itI'd definitely pay an extra fiver for the rest, you can't even buy two pints for a fiver these days. I say give people the option, pay a fiver now, or way a year and get it for free. That would make them hurry up a bit I reckon, as it's more worth their while. Plus the money could pay for extra programmers.

It told me it didn't post, so I copied & pasted. As for 1.3, I'd happily pay extra for it as DLC, I spent twelve quid on the main game and I'm loving itI'd definitely pay an extra fiver for the rest, you can't even buy two pints for a fiver these days. I say give people the option, pay a fiver now, or way a year and get it for free. That would make them hurry up a bit I reckon, as it's more worth their while. Plus the money could pay for extra programmers.
It doesn't really work like that since the updates change the game so much that would ruin Multiplayer. Besides, they need to lay the groundwork for 1.3 before they can start building it and they won't get the new code for 1.3 until it's released for PC.

Same thing here, loot banishing on Frost Moon event ... wasted a ton of Naughty Presents I thought I was doing something wrong. PC version.

It would be interesting if a few of us tried a pumpkin moon in the horseman's blade farm and compared the amount of loot at the end. that way we'd have a better idea whether it was the item limit or if there's a glitch for the frost moon.

I use the horseman's blade farm for the frost moon and my loot doesn't disappear. I usually jump out every once in awhile to make sure it doesn't disappear but it still lasts a few minutes. I don't think it has to do with the item limit and I don't think the fact that I use spear traps matters either.

Your prolly just picking up the loot fast enough Ed. And your right, it isn't an item limit issue I've been told. But I also recently learned(from @Catz) that if you can p/u all coins and hearts as they drop during the event; the loot will stay all the way till the end.

Your prolly just picking up the loot fast enough Ed. And your right, it isn't an item limit issue I've been told. But I also recently learned(from @Catz) that if you can p/u all coins and hearts as they drop during the event; the loot will stay all the way till the end.

But even after sunrise the items will disappear right before I get to them, while nothing else is being dropped. The pumpkin moon items stick around forever. For my blade farm I've made a spawning platform full of speartraps, but with a 6 tile gap under where the player goes, so the mobs will walk into the lava and die there, leaving the hearts etc. to burn up.

Back
Top Bottom