Frost Moon Final Wave in Record Time (Horseman's Blade Semi-Autofarm)

I don't know if anyone's still following this thread, but just in case there is;

The person in this video reaches wave 20 at 9:42pm, which is way faster than the old horseman'a blade farms (just as well considering they don't work anymore), using a last prism and an ingenious way of keeping his mana full the whole time. As impressive as this is, I'm sure you guys could optimise this design for even better times :)

I don't know if anyone's still following this thread, but just in case there is;

The person in this video reaches wave 20 at 9:42pm, which is way faster than the old horseman'a blade farms (just as well considering they don't work anymore), using a last prism and an ingenious way of keeping his mana full the whole time. As impressive as this is, I'm sure you guys could optimise this design for even better times :)

While impressive, what's presented isn't AFK or semi-AFK (semi-AFK means holding down a button), so it's in a different category. The Last Prism cannot fire indefinitely - it stops after a time and has to be restarted again, and it needs to be periodically aimed.

The more interesting question I think is what sort of record can be achieved with AFK farms in 1.3. The Horseman's Blade approach is no longer the best approach, because the Stardust Dragon is so much more powerful. In fact, I will be presenting my latest AFK Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon AFK farm, which can be used to generate 75+ platinum per night. Here's a little preview of what the farm looks like, although I'm still working on a few details:

CCHN0cq.png

While impressive, what's presented isn't AFK or semi-AFK (semi-AFK means holding down a button), so it's in a different category. The Last Prism cannot fire indefinitely - it stops after a time and has to be restarted again, and it needs to be periodically aimed.

The more interesting question I think is what sort of record can be achieved with AFK farms in 1.3. The Horseman's Balde approach is no longer the best approach, because the Stardust Dragon is so much more powerful. In fact, I will be presenting my latest AFK Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon AFK farm, which can be used to generate 75+ platinum per night. Here's a little preview of what the farm looks like, although I'm still working on a few details:

CCHN0cq.png
Oh yeah, I forgot about the semi-AFK part. Then again, the crabs he keeps continuously spawning are almost enough to keep his mana non-zero, maybe it would keep his mana up fully with a few tweaks? He also only has to aim away for the ice queens... I wonder if there's an easy way to kill them without moving the cursor?

Also, regarding the stardust dragon; wow, I had no idea it was better than the horseman's blade. I knew it was good, but I didn't know it was THAT good.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your next video.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the semi-AFK part. Then again, the crabs he keeps continuously spawning are almost enough to keep his mana non-zero, maybe it would keep his mana up fully with a few tweaks?

Yes, it's quite easy to maintain full mana by killing statue mobs. However, the Last Prism has an activation limit that is not connected with how much mana you have, so the Last Prism couldn't be part of any AFK farm. Maybe this is a good thing, because it makes things a bit too easy :).

Also, regarding the stardust dragon; wow, I had no idea it was better than the horseman's blade. I knew it was good, but I didn't know it was THAT good.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your next video.

I showcased the power of the Dragon in an all HM boss AFK grinder in expert mode recently - it can reach a single target DPS of 10K, which makes short work of any boss. It's even more powerful against groups, especially bunched up Pumpkings. The next video will illustrate this.

Yes, it's quite easy to maintain full mana by killing statue mobs. However, the Last Prism has an activation limit that is not connected with how much mana you have, so the Last Prism couldn't be part of any AFK farm. Maybe this is a good thing, because it makes things a bit too easy :)
Oh, I actually didn't notice that. Well, now I know something I didn't know before :)

Side note; it occurs to me that, aside from leaving your PC on all night AFK farming, this is pretty much the only viable way of farming ammo for the coin gun :p

@DicemanX in the first arena you posted is it possible to run it without npc help? Cus i play on mobile(tab,phone) so it would be really hard to do the npc activation chamber and its really complicated. Im preparing for frostmoon atm cus the update will come out on october pls reply i need help

@DicemanX in the first arena you posted is it possible to run it without npc help? Cus i play on mobile(tab,phone) so it would be really hard to do the npc activation chamber and its really complicated. Im preparing for frostmoon atm cus the update will come out on october pls reply i need help

You should try my localised blade chambers; you teleport yourself into them and you get hoiked back and forth while swinging the Horseman's Blade. You can rig it up to speartraps too, so that you're also firing them constantly. It's even possible to have 2 or more chambers and teleport between them, but you wont need this for the Frost Moon.

Here's the link:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ised-horsemans-blade-arena.30742/#post-685095

Thanks but i cant open the pics you posted it says error you do not have permission to view this content i dunno why though haha

@DicemanX thanks for the link I joined social haha gonna checkout the pics. Btw the first arena you posted in this thread you only had 1 layer of spawn surface/floor with campfires on it so i presume it doesnt actuate on and off? Will the farm manage without actuating/deactuating the spawn floor(will i get drops at the end) or will most of the items despawn if i dont actuate the floors?

@DicemanX thanks for the link I joined social haha gonna checkout the pics. Btw the first arena you posted in this thread you only had 1 layer of spawn surface/floor with campfires on it so i presume it doesnt actuate on and off? Will the farm manage without actuating/deactuating the spawn floor(will i get drops at the end) or will most of the items despawn if i dont actuate the floors?

I initially did not have alternating spawn floors (two surfaces, 1 on top of the other, with alternating actuation states), but I added them later and it definitely improved the drops. It is important to burn up those hearts that drop on that spawn surface because you'll otherwise reach the 400 item limit in no time.

@DicemanX how do i actuate them alternately(not sure if this word means what i think it means sorry for the bad english skills-for actuating one before the other) do i need to put one 5 sec timer per layer? And how do i activate them through the safe room?

@DicemanX how do i actuate them alternately(not sure if this word means what i think it means sorry for the bad english skills-for actuating one before the other) do i need to put one 5 sec timer per layer? And how do i activate them through the safe room?

Put down one layer of blocks, then put actuators on them, run wire through them, and actuate the blocks. Then put down another layer of blocks underneath, put actuators on those blocks, run the same color wire through those blocks, and then you're done. Now you can hook up that wire running through all the blocks to a 5-second timer and have the surfaces alternate by switching the timer on.

@DicemanX oh right haha dunno why i havent thought of that. thanks for the info all set to make the arena all im waiting for now is the content update for mobile terraria i still need to wait for october cons of mobile version :( how much is the pc ver anyway? Maybe i buy it on christmas when i have the funds for it

@DicemanX need help I made a ver of 1 of your horsemans blade frost moon pumpkin moon farm the one with only two statues in the player box but replaced the NPC activation chamber with 1 second timers activated via bird engine but during pumpkin moon i still take damage from mourning wood projectiles and pumpking scythes i dunno why. Ps i added honey to the player box that's the only modification i made on the player box i use slime and mimic statue.i die several times

Damn I am having difficulties. Wave 13 at 4:30 AM. No luck.

Again using my Solar Flare armor with Meowmere (Horseman Sword didn't seem to be dropping pumpkin projectiles?)

No idea. Using all the same potions/accessories too.

OMG. Was at Wave 10 by 9:30, ended up dying and hard as heck to get spawned back to the Arena. Wave 14 62% 4:30AM. Jesus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom