3DS Frost Moon & More Coming Soon to Terraria on 3DS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I know this is a forum for 3DS, but I recently saw a Wii U version trailer that supposedly is coming out on the 28th of June. In it a variety of items not included in the 3DS version were featured. If this is a real trailer, is this a sign that the Wii U version will have more content?

My understanding is that Wii U would be more close content-wise to the other "home console" versions (PS/Xbox). @Deanzor would need to confirm the final content tier/level.

They could add everything up to date... but that my friends would take a very long time. you can also add the variable of the N3ds to into that.

It's not simply a question of time. At some point on a system as limited as the 3DS (and even, frankly, the N3DS) is, the odds of reaching the hardware limits is a very real possibility. The current PC version requires 2.5gb of RAM....the N3DS has 256mb. Just for one example. I still think it is a small miracle that it all runs as well as it does. ;)

I don't think anyone really knows where "the line" is quite yet...so I suppose they will proceed until we get to that point. Where it will be and when is anyone's guess. /shrug

Hey I know this is a forum for 3DS, but I recently saw a Wii U version trailer that supposedly is coming out on the 28th of June. In it a variety of items not included in the 3DS version were featured. If this is a real trailer, is this a sign that the Wii U version will have more content?
I think the wii u can have more content but I just watched it and rewinded a lot and all I found was the same stuff on 3ds other than Bigger worlds, which you can tell from the larger beach, and maybe online multiplayer. Maybe.

I think the wii u can have more content but I just watched it and rewinded a lot and all I found was the same stuff on 3ds other than Bigger worlds, which you can tell from the larger beach, and maybe online multiplayer. Maybe.
I can't wait for this update, i just wish there was bigger worlds.

And i hope the frost moon spawns in like 10-15 enemy at a time, because in pirate invasions/golem invasions are too easy considering that 1-4 spawn at a time.

My understanding is that Wii U would be more close content-wise to the other "home console" versions (PS/Xbox). @Deanzor would need to confirm the final content tier/level.

It's not simply a question of time. At some point on a system as limited as the 3DS (and even, frankly, the N3DS) is, the odds of reaching the hardware limits is a very real possibility. The current PC version requires 2.5gb of RAM....the N3DS has 256mb. Just for one example. I still think it is a small miracle that it all runs as well as it does. ;)

I don't think anyone really knows where "the line" is quite yet...so I suppose they will proceed until we get to that point. Where it will be and when is anyone's guess. /shrug

Yeah, @Loki is correct. Please do not think of the 3DS and Wii U versions as being mirrors of each other. The Wii U version will launch with content that is, broadly speaking, in parallel with where the other home console versions are right now. In June there will be a content update on Xbox and PlayStation to add in the missing 1.2.4 content that people have been asking about. At that point, Wii U will be 'behind', but we will be releasing a patch shortly after launch to catch the Wii U back up.

That patch is essentially ready now, but we're holding it in case there's something found in the launch version that needs our immediate attention. We hope that's not the case of course, but we test with 10s of people and there will be THOUSANDS playing on the launch weekend. That sheer weight of numbers can show up minor things we'd not encountered ourselves. So we'll wait a few weeks after the Wii U digital release (expected early June), make sure the coast is clear, and then we'll push the new content out.

And then, with all the under-the-TV consoles in sync, we can plan what happens next.

Yeah, @Loki is correct. Please do not think of the 3DS and Wii U versions as being mirrors of each other. The Wii U version will launch with content that is, broadly speaking, in parallel with where the other home console versions are right now. In June there will be a content update on Xbox and PlayStation to add in the missing 1.2.4 content that people have been asking about. At that point, Wii U will be 'behind', but we will be releasing a patch shortly after launch to catch the Wii U back up.

That patch is essentially ready now, but we're holding it in case there's something found in the launch version that needs our immediate attention. We hope that's not the case of course, but we test with 10s of people and there will be THOUSANDS playing on the launch weekend. That sheer weight of numbers can show up minor things we'd not encountered ourselves. So we'll wait a few weeks after the Wii U digital release (expected early June), make sure the coast is clear, and then we'll push the new content out.

And then, with all the under-the-TV consoles in sync, we can plan what happens next.
THE PATCH ISN'T GOING TO COME OUT ON MY BIRTHDAY ANY MORE! That means I'm only going to get goldfish and other thing now.;(

Is ocram in the game? I have 5 souls or light, 5 souls night, 2 macanical eyes, titanium bars, and a macanical scull. It doesn't let me craft the suspicious looking scull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom