PC Frost Moon Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdds Vitorias

Terrarian
Hi guys,

I cant achieve lvl 15 of Frost Moon by any means, i am playing with an friend.

Could someone tell me what is the best way to get into lvl 15?

Thanks

I already have an arena

Both get Razorblade Typhoons, Full Spectre Armour (both Healing and Offensive), Wrath Potions, Mana Regen Potions, Magic Power Potions, Regen Potions, and Mana Potions. Good accessory would be Celestial Cuffs if you can get 2 pairs.

Both get Razorblade Typhoons, Full Spectre Armour (both Healing and Offensive), Wrath Potions, Mana Regen Potions, Magic Power Potions, Regen Potions, and Mana Potions. Good accessory would be Celestial Cuffs if you can get 2 pairs.
Never use mana potions...... NEVER!.

Like shamurai said never use mana potions they are a bad idea,but the buff potions aren't a bad idea. Same for razorblade typhoon,its not a bad idea with spectre,I tend not to spam the book though as it is a bad idea,and can waste too much mana.

Bat sceptor is a good choice. It has pretty high dps with a low mana cost + homing. Bubble gun (2nd highest dps, beaten by coin gun with platinum coins) is also a good choice if you like getting up close in personal as the range is pretty pathetic.

no, but that is what the Flairon and Spiky Ball Trap are for. with this method I've made it through wave 15 no problem.
That's why I'm asking.....I didn't think there was much point to lava when I can have a spiky ball trap floor....although I haven't thought if placing a layer of lava on top of the trap floor would work. And I really don't understand why bosses are immune to lava.....especially the ice queen....I mean just think about that for a second....what do you think lava should do to ice?

I've never made it past level eleven without server commands, but i would recommend: BULLET LIST!!!

• Full Spectre Armor, both mask and hood
  • Bubble gun, it massively heal's with the hood
  • Razorblade typhoon, it home's in and that's usefull for the Ice Queen
  • Potions, Magic power, Magic regen, Ironskin, regen, wrath, and some others
  • And also, if you're doing it Melee, you're screwed

if you're struggling, i'd recommend building a special arena for using the horseman's blade. the pumpkins from the blade do most of the work for you while you stand on a spike. i've made it to wave 18, and i've seen people reach final wave with a pretty compact design and same concept.

alternatively, use a spike, spectre armor and stuff like the bat sceptre until you can get a blizzard staff and/or razor pine. there are many ways to progress through frost moon :)

[edit]
this is what i use with my horseman's blade.
directly below is just flat ground made of asphalt.

Attachments

• 2014-12-29_00001.jpg
    2014-12-29_00001.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,993
  • 2014-12-29_00003.jpg
    2014-12-29_00003.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,767
Last edited:
if you're struggling, i'd recommend building a special arena for using the horseman's blade. the pumpkins from the blade do most of the work for you while you stand on a spike. i've made it to wave 18, and i've seen people reach final wave with a pretty compact design and same concept.

alternatively, use a spike, spectre armor and stuff like the bat sceptre until you can get a blizzard staff and/or razor pine. there are many ways to progress through frost moon :)

[edit]

I will try this one, could you tell me which equipment you were using??

Another way to get through waves faster: Build several player-sized tunnels underneath your arena and fill them with automated traps, temple traps if possible. The game loves to spawn even mobs out of your reach, and the traps will curbstomp them, allowing you to get your wave score faster without filling your arena with stuff which harms you.

As for fighting, Beetle Armor + full speed modifiers + Paladin's Hammer = Ice Queen meltdown machine.

[edit]
I reached final wave with horsemans blade.

I recomend razorblade typhon (i know spelling is wrong idc) for lesser mobs, bubble gun for everscreams and santanks, and razorpine or blizzard staff for ice queen.
you should use spectre mask, but keep hood in your vanyty slot so you just need to right click it and swap it fast when your low.

you can also keep damaging your self with slime from statue (make sure you spawn slime before starting event) and use blizzad staff (only weapon that wont kill slime) or by having hallowed helmet(meele), beetle shell(defense one) and clorophyte leggings (im not 100% sure about that i might be wrong) and keep standing on dungeon spike.

and last one is of course horssemans blade. put 6 statues (you can also use bunnies/fishes). theese 6 statues will cover blades swing and put bunny statues behing you so bunnys will walk into range of blade for extra pumpkins. For this setup you dont need wings, boots or shield, you only need a hook just hook. this leaves place for 5 dmg accesories. also make sure 3 1sec timers are trigerring one statue for max number of mobs.

dont forget warm potion

I will try this one, could you tell me which equipment you were using??
for that grinder, i use beetle armor (offense) because more speed = more swings = more pumpkins. for acessories, i use..lets see...star veil, celestial stone, mechanical glove, fire gauntlet, and moonstone, all menacing prefixed.
for buffs, i use ale, food, regeneration, ironskin, battle, heartreach, and a few other random buffs, and lastly, i use the horseman's blade with the legendary prefix.

i tried this arena u posted and i lost miserably? what am i doing wrong?
are you standing on the spike and using a star veil? that is what brings it all together in terms of safety

[edit] grappling to the spike is typically the best way to make it work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom