Resolved Frozen turtle shell - drop rate bugged?

SkullCrasher

Terrarian
I've already got like 20-30 milkshakes (1.33%) and zero frozen turtle shells (1%) ... (killed exactly 410 turtles)
Anyone got smilar issue? It seems very unlikely that i've menaged to drop so many milkshakes (i know that mermen drop them too but still...) and zero turtle shells.

I've already got like 20-30 milkshakes (1.33%) and zero frozen turtle shells (1%) ... (killed exactly 410 turtles)
Anyone got smilar issue? It seems very unlikely that i've menaged to drop so many milkshakes and zero turtle shells.
Took forever for my partner to farm. It just extremely low drop rate and you seem to be unlucky. My partner got it 150 turtles in.

This might sound ridiculous but are you using normal torches in your hunt in the snow biome. If you are doing that, then you are doing it wrong.

No I'm not joking. They removed the 'bad luck from torches' mechanic but you are still not receiving a bonus to the drop rate and other factors if you aren't using the 'correct' torches in the appropriate biome. The snow biome hates normal torches.

This might sound ridiculous but are you using normal torches in your hunt in the snow biome. If you are doing that, then you are doing it wrong.

No I'm not joking. They removed the 'bad luck from torches' mechanic but you are still not receiving a bonus to the drop rate and other factors if you aren't using the 'correct' torches in the appropriate biome. The snow biome hates normal torches.

No - i'm using ice torches and a gnome to get as much luck as possible - also water candle, battle potions and pretty big arena.

Guess i really need to pray to RNGesus

"This and you can also bring a gnome with you for extra luck. If you are using this already, you're just extremely unlucky.

Every now and then i need to write a post here - it boosts drop rates apparently. It finally dropped at 462 turtles.
Grats! I'm at 265 now, still grinding. Same thing, ice torches, gnomes, water candle, it's our luck it seems. On the other hand got my paladin shield from the first paladin and the hammer dropped from the second one...

Back
Top Bottom