Frustrating Things

If 0.999999... is 1. Than is 1 also 1.111111...? Would this also mean that Infinity is Zero if we count hard enough? But no... It can't be. 0 = 1 is illegal and the concept of 0.999999... is 1 is false, because of rounding. But then... What is 1/3? Is 1/3 a nonexistent number? I might need to make another thread for this.​
Wait... what? o_O How have these conclusions been made? "0.999... = 1 => 1 = 1.111..." step is beyond all understanding.
Number properties have nothing to do with their ability to be represented as finite decimal fraction. In fact means of representing infinite periodic fractions exist: one of them is where infinitely repeating part of fraction is enclosed in parentheses like this: 0.(3); 0.0(142857) which stand for 1/3 and 1/70 respectively (other notations exist but I will use this one here as it is less likely to screw things up). If one decides to change base of numeral system to 3, they may end up with completely opposite conclusions as 0.5 (base 10) cannot be represented as finite fraction in base 3 system while 1/3 can be:
0.5₁₀ = 0.111111...₃ = 0.(1)₃
1/3₁₀ = 0.333333...₁₀ = 0.(3)₁₀ = 0.1₃
Rounding is an operation and is unrelated to all of this as well.

My frustration list, in no particular order:

- The fact you can't craft regular wood candles and chandeliers and such in terraria, with the opposite happening with wooden beams and signs as they only have the regular wood variant. Consistency, yes.

- People treating mobile gaming as utter trash. I mean, it kinda is due to all the infamous ads, but there are a few really amazing gems here and there (and I'm not talking about ports). Also, "YoUr NoT a GaMeR iF yOu PlAy MoBiLe". Doesn't matter if you have 5000 hours in CoD or if you are playing some sort of arcade time killer on mobile, if you are dedicated to playing games and you enjoy it, you are a gamer, and everytime I see someone gatekeeping fun in such a way I lose a bit more faith in humanity.

- Ukrainian radios. Like, Ukraine actually has some good music, but for some reason our radios decide to loop the same damn 5 songs all the time, with some music from other languages thrown in between. Also, instead of creating something original, modern Ukrainian "artists" just decide to translate other songs. Had the pleasure to listen to some sort of despacito cover on one of my school's stage shows, and heard a word-to-word translation of Dance monkey while waiting near a shop... To say that I wanted to commit aliven't after those moments is to say nothing.

My frustration list, in no particular order:

- The fact you can't craft regular wood candles and chandeliers and such in terraria, with the opposite happening with wooden beams and signs as they only have the regular wood variant. Consistency, yes.

- People treating mobile gaming as utter trash. I mean, it kinda is due to all the infamous ads, but there are a few really amazing gems here and there (and I'm not talking about ports). Also, "YoUr NoT a GaMeR iF yOu PlAy MoBiLe". Doesn't matter if you have 5000 hours in CoD or if you are playing some sort of arcade time killer on mobile, if you are dedicated to playing games and you enjoy it, you are a gamer, and everytime I see someone gatekeeping fun in such a way I lose a bit more faith in humanity.

- Ukrainian radios. Like, Ukraine actually has some good music, but for some reason our radios decide to loop the same damn 5 songs all the time, with some music from other languages thrown in between. Also, instead of creating something original, modern Ukrainian "artists" just decide to translate other songs. Had the pleasure to listen to some sort of despacito cover on one of my school's stage shows, and heard a word-to-word translation of Dance monkey while waiting near a shop... To say that I wanted to commit aliven't after those moments is to say nothing.
There might be a mod for the first one.
if you dont like the radio get Out of Ukraine
Mobile games cab be pretty underrated at times

The Thief
-
I was searching for someone to play with on Discord, forums, or somewhere else. As a result, I did, and we got into a Discord call to set up our world with the proper settings or whatever. The person I was playing with kept asking for the zenith, and being the generous person that I am, I eventually gave it to him after we left the world we created. Remember, we were in MY world, and I trusted him because he didn't seem all that evil, but I was wrong; he ended up taking most of my "OP" things, then simply leaving. I tried everything to reach him again after he blocked me, but I was unsuccessful.

The Thief
-
I was searching for someone to play with on Discord, forums, or somewhere else. As a result, I did, and we got into a Discord call to set up our world with the proper settings or whatever. The person I was playing with kept asking for the zenith, and being the generous person that I am, I eventually gave it to him after we left the world we created. Remember, we were in MY world, and I trusted him because he didn't seem all that evil, but I was wrong; he ended up taking most of my "OP" things, then simply leaving. I tried everything to reach him again after he blocked me, but I was unsuccessful.
My firs thought after reading this was "time to hack him then"

I have a few things.

-People who start arguments with no rhyme or reason to in the first place. I was just looking online and some random person started an argument because they saw the name "Lucario" in the post, and immediately started an arguemnt about all people who like Lucario being furries. ON A SUGGESTION FOR LETTING PEOPLE USE REACTIONS WHILE SPECTATING.

-Bugs that are acknowledged, but don't get fixed between updates. Why bother acknowledging it if it's not gonna get fixed in the next update?

-Comedic standards. At this point, I'm just asking for consistency. People literally trashpost their way to comedic fame on communities, and then in other places, people get accused of trashposting for comedy when they're just trying to have a normal conversation.

Back
Top Bottom