PC FTW normal VS normal expert

Which mode do you think to be more difficult?

• Classic difficulty with a For the Worthy seed

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • A random seed with expert difficulty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roughly the same

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Different in different game stage (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

felis

Terrarian
Recently, I have tried a classic difficulty with a for the worthy seed, and feel it may be comparable for the difficulty in expert mode of a random world (but the difficulty should still be less than master mode)

More difficult in FTW:
  • Higher damage for most mobs (~2.7X vs 2X in expert) and other damage source (like falling damage)
  • Less effective defense (0.5 per def vs 0.75 per def in expert)
  • No expert exclusive items and generally lower drop rate of coins and many items. (and the missing 6th accessory slot)
  • Bombs from pots/trees, falling ash blocks and sometimes angel statue replacing loot in the chests.
  • Some bosses (for example Brain of Cthulhu), got their special gimmick in this mode.
  • Banners are less powerful comparing to expert.
More difficult in expert:
  • Lower health regeneration rate unless well fed.
  • Some bosses get their special gimmick, like random debuffs from BoC or Skeletron, or 3rd stage of EoC and Duke Fishron.
  • Some harder enemies spawns, like armed zombie and bone thrown skeleton. And some new attack method from some enemies (like jellyfish's shock attack)
  • Increased debuff times.
  • Chilled in cold water and rabid bite from bats.
  • More coins dropped upon death and enemies can steal coins.
  • Buffed enemies in hardmode and after plantera.
  • FTW got a boosted digging power, increased glowing mushroom/moss and increased ore vein making early exploration much easier than a random seed.
So, personally, I would say they are roughly the same difficulty or FTW normal is slightly more difficult.
What's your opinion? And I would appreciate if you can share your ideas.

Recently, I have tried a classic difficulty with a for the worthy seed, and feel it may be comparable for the difficulty in expert mode of a random world (but the difficulty should still be less than master mode)

More difficult in FTW:
  • Higher damage for most mobs (~2.7X vs 2X in expert) and other damage source (like falling damage)
  • Less effective defense (0.5 per def vs 0.75 per def in expert)
  • No expert exclusive items and generally lower drop rate of coins and many items. (and the missing 6th accessory slot)
  • Bombs from pots/trees, falling ash blocks and sometimes angel statue replacing loot in the chests.
  • Some bosses (for example Brain of Cthulhu), got their special gimmick in this mode.
  • Banners are less powerful comparing to expert.
More difficult in expert:
  • Lower health regeneration rate unless well fed.
  • Some bosses get their special gimmick, like random debuffs from BoC or Skeletron, or 3rd stage of EoC and Duke Fishron.
  • Some harder enemies spawns, like armed zombie and bone thrown skeleton. And some new attack method from some enemies (like jellyfish's shock attack)
  • Increased debuff times.
  • Chilled in cold water and rabid bite from bats.
  • More coins dropped upon death and enemies can steal coins.
  • Buffed enemies in hardmode and after plantera.
  • FTW got a boosted digging power, increased glowing mushroom/moss and increased ore vein making early exploration much easier than a random seed.
So, personally, I would say they are roughly the same difficulty or FTW normal is slightly more difficult.
What's your opinion? And I would appreciate if you can share your ideas.
I said roughly the same because for the worthy adds more health, but bosses don’t have expert AI if normal FTW, so it would be easier because there is less of the AI and you don’t have to worry about the expert AI, and everything is easier to deal with still, but expert you would have to deal with the AI which make things difficult(although it still would be easy) but really it kind of has the same health as normal FTW but not really, I would think that expert would be harder than normal FTW because yeah more health, but you don’t have any AI changes and nothing that makes it difficult.

Back
Top Bottom