Full Game Accessory Tier List

What rank should the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Stinger Necklace be at?

• B rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C rank

• D rank

• F rank

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's wrong. Defense is literally 2x as effective in Master than in Classic mode, every defense point reducing damage by one each. With a defensive setup going full Armored/Warding, you can take single digit damage from Master mode EoC phase 2, Queen bee's stingers, Wall of Flesh's lasers and more. In Hardmode you can take single digit or low double digit damage from Mech bosses, Plantera and more as well. And it's because of Warding modifiers providing that last push into max tankiness. Say you took 30 damage from an attack in Master. Then if you add 20 defense into your character, that's reduced to 10 damage, so that's two thirds of the damage gone. Each point of defense is more impactful than the last, and in general there's no way Warding modifiers are worse than Menacing modifiers.

"if you reforge accessories to these modifiers, you'll have less chance to increase offense stats".... The other way around is true too. If you reforge accessories to offensive modifiers, you'll have less chance to increase defensive stats. I don't see how that's an argument.
Hell No, Defense stat is better in Master mode but so does Boss's damge. Boss like Duke Fishiron Moonlord has ~ double damge in Master compare to Classic so unless u commit to full tank mode( which only melee capable of doing that comfortly), u will take tons of damge anyway so full warding is unecessary. And unless u suck at dodging, dodging is always better than taking hit. Full menacing and lucky help killing things faster before they have a chance to damge you. The only moment that warding better than Menacing/Lucky is prehard mode when mobs damge is not that high and full warding help reduce a significal amount of damge , or u are blade staff user. You can see many speedruner face tanking moonlord but unable to do that in master, that s the different. I would say warding is an A in classic mode but master mode B is the best i can give.

Hell No, Defense stat is better in Master mode but so does Boss's damge. Boss like Duke Fishiron Moonlord has ~ double damge in Master compare to Classic so unless u commit to full tank mode( which only melee capable of doing that comfortly), u will take tons of damge anyway so full warding is unecessary. And unless u suck at dodging, dodging is always better than taking hit. Full menacing and lucky help killing things faster before they have a chance to damge you. The only moment that warding better than Menacing/Lucky is prehard mode when mobs damge is not that high and full warding help reduce a significal amount of damge , or u are blade staff user. You can see many speedruner face tanking moonlord but unable to do that in master, that s the different. I would say warding is an A in classic mode but master mode B is the best i can give.
Did you even read let alone consider my post? All I see here is you contradicting what I said with zero elaboration or evidence.

Did you even read let alone consider my post? All I see here is you contradicting what I said with zero elaboration or evidence.
i didnt see ur point here. I made the point and u said zero elaboration or evidence and u didnt even figure out that? i just see a good discussion here, so if i wish to leave u alone then its fine, no dicussion here, only u talking to urself so i can ignore ur post completely ,no value to read there.

Let's do some quick math here.

Classic Mode WoF Lasers do up to 30 damage.
Obsidian armor gives 15 defense, +8 iron skin potion +4 exquisitely stuffed. This totals to 27 defense.
The player takes 13 damage without warding
The player takes 6 damage with 5 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 54% here.

Molten armor gives 25 defense, + 8 iron skin potion + 4 exquisitely stuffed. This totals to 37 defense
The player takes 11 damage without warding
The player takes 1 damage with 5 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 91% here.

Now master mode WoF lasers do up to 90 damage!
Obsidian armor gives 15 defense, +8 iron skin potion +4 exquisitely stuffed + 2 SoC. This totals to 29 defense.
The player takes 61 damage without warding
The player takes 37 damage with 6 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 39% here.

Molten armor gives 25 defense, + 8 iron skin potion + 4 exquisitely stuffed + 2 SoC. This totals to 39 defense
The player takes 51 damage without warding
The player takes 27 damage with 6 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 47% here.

Ok now for moonlord.
Classic Mode Moonlord's Phantasmal bolts do 60 damage.
Hallowed (summoner) has 27 defense, + 8 iron skin potion + 4 exquisitely stuffed + 4 defense celestial stone/shell. This totals to 43 defense
The player takes 38 damage without warding.
The player takes 28 damage with 5 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 26% here.

Beetle(shell) has 73 defense, + 8 iron skin potion + 4 exquisitely stuffed + 4 defense celestial stone/shell. This totals to 89 defense
The player takes 15 damage without warding.
The player takes 5 damage with 5 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 67% here.

now Mater Moonlord's Phantasmal bolts deal 180 damage!
Hallowed (summoner) has 27 defense, + 8 iron skin potion + 4 exquisitely stuffed + 4 defense celestial stone/shell. This totals to 43 defense
The player takes 137 damage without warding.
The player takes 109 damage with 7 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 20% here.

Beetle(shell) has 73 defense, + 8 iron skin potion + 4 exquisitely stuffed + 4 defense celestial stone/shell. This totals to 89 defense
The player takes 91 damage without warding.
The player takes 63 damage with 7 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 31% here.

All other sources of damage reduction won't effect the % calculated above.
Damage reduction happens after defnse has reduced it.
When dodge chance fails it doesn't make defense's job any easier, and defense is irrelevent when you've dodged an attack.

So basically warding is busted pre hardmode regardless of what difficulty you play.

I have a hard time seeing warding being efficient in late game master mode, moonlord's phantasmal bolts are actually one of the weaker attacks at that stage. Most pillar enemies do more than that.
On the hallowed summoner build the 7 warding modifier barely did more than a worm scarf, and probably less against pillar enemies. Compare that to menacing, 28% damage is quite a bit more than any offensive accessory could do.

I have a hard time seeing warding being efficient in late game master mode, moonlord's phantasmal bolts are actually one of the weaker attacks at that stage. Most pillar enemies do more than that.
On the hallowed summoner build the 7 warding modifier barely did more than a worm scarf, and probably less against pillar enemies. Compare that to menacing, 28% damage is quite a bit more than any offensive accessory could do.
Only 89 defense at Moon Lord with Beetle Shell? You should have included more accessories in your calculations. Add Paladin's Shield/Frozen Shield and Berserker's Glove, that's 14 more defense for a total of 103. Re-calculate Phantasmal Bolt damage with those accessories and you'll find out Warding makes an even bigger difference. The same applies to Hallowed Summoner to a lesser extent with Berserker's Glove in mind, but I'd use Frozen Shield or (irrelevant to the topic of defense) Charm of Myth too in Master.

When it comes to Menacing, this doesn't actually mean you'll do 28% more damage, because as far as I'm concerned the % boost you get from Menacing is additive with what you already get from armors & accessories. Warding is the opposite, even at its WORST based on your calculations (which aren't even entirely accurate considering Paladin's Shield and Berserker's Glove are missing), it reduces damage by one-fifth in Master Mode.

Warding does more for your survivability than Menacing does for your damage output.

Only 89 defense at Moon Lord with Beetle Shell? You should have included more accessories in your calculations. Add Paladin's Shield/Frozen Shield and Berserker's Glove, that's 14 more defense for a total of 103. Re-calculate Phantasmal Bolt damage with those accessories and you'll find out Warding makes an even bigger difference. The same applies to Hallowed Summoner to a lesser extent with Berserker's Glove in mind, but I'd use Frozen Shield or (irrelevant to the topic of defense) Charm of Myth too in Master.
Beetle(shell) has 73 defense, + 8 iron skin potion + 4 exquisitely stuffed + 4 defense celestial stone/shell + 8 defense from berzerker glove + 6 defense from palladin's shield. This totals to 103 defense
The player takes 77 damage without warding.
The player takes 49 damage with 7 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 36% here.

When it comes to Menacing, this doesn't actually mean you'll do 28% more damage, because as far as I'm concerned the % boost you get from Menacing is additive with what you already get from armors & accessories. Warding is the opposite, even at its WORST based on your calculations (which aren't even entirely accurate considering Paladin's Shield and Berserker's Glove are missing), it reduces damage by one-fifth in Master Mode.
I think you misunderstood my comparison, I made a rough assumption that worm scarf is approximately equal to destroyer emblem. 7 menacing accessories is better than a destroyer emblem 28% damage vs 18%. Whereas with warding it was 20% damage reduction vs worm scarf's 17% damage reducion.

You also missed the part where I mentioned that phantasmal bolts are one of the weaker attacks at that stage of the game. Selenians do 270 damage for example. On that hallowed armor build warding only does about 12% damage reduction against them. Point is I'd rather use worm scarf and stick to menacing for a build like this.

Anyway... we're literally talking like master mode endgame here, warding is clearly going to be much more effective in earlier parts of hardmode. I would support bumping up warding to A tier.

Beetle(shell) has 73 defense, + 8 iron skin potion + 4 exquisitely stuffed + 4 defense celestial stone/shell + 8 defense from berzerker glove + 6 defense from palladin's shield. This totals to 103 defense
The player takes 77 damage without warding.
The player takes 49 damage with 7 warding modifers.
Warding reduces damage by 36% here.

I think you misunderstood my comparison, I made a rough assumption that worm scarf is approximately equal to destroyer emblem. 7 menacing accessories is better than a destroyer emblem 28% damage vs 18%. Whereas with warding it was 20% damage reduction vs worm scarf's 17% damage reducion.

You also missed the part where I mentioned that phantasmal bolts are one of the weaker attacks at that stage of the game. Selenians do 270 damage for example. On that hallowed armor build warding only does about 12% damage reduction against them. Point is I'd rather use worm scarf and stick to menacing for a build like this.

Anyway... we're literally talking like master mode endgame here, warding is clearly going to be much more effective in earlier parts of hardmode. I would support bumping up warding to A tier.
Great comparision, yeah warding is not that bad if u commit to full tank build as u can see i mentioned earlier, and if ur def is suck just use wormscraft ( worm scraft reduce damge AFTER def is caculated). Warding defenitely better than menacing lucky in early hardmode and busted in pre hm regardless of game mode. But when u dodge warding is less valuable. Because of situationnal use, Warding could not make higher in ranking, not bad but not good enough to put among the best. After all damge modifier is still more reliable.

I just did some testing to see how good the Minishark and Explosive Bullets combo is for regenerating mana. I used an average Pre-Plantera mage build: Bee Wings, Obsidian Shield, Celestial Emblem, Shield of Cthulhu, and either the Magic Cuffs or the Mana Cloak, all without reforges. I used three different mage armour sets from that stage of the game, just in case there was a major difference between them (spoiler alert: there wasn't). I tested Mana Regeneration Potions as well to have something to compare to. Here are my results:

Titanium armourAdamanite armourHallowed armour
Magic Cuffs1.9 seconds
(320 max mana)
1.7 seconds
(300 max mana)
1.8 seconds
(320 max mana)
Mana Cloak3 seconds
(300 max mana)
2.9 seconds
(280 max mana)
3.2 seconds
(300 max mana)
Mana Regen Potion2.8 seconds
(300 max mana)
2.9 seconds
(280 max mana)
2.7 seconds
(300 max mana)

As you can see Magic Cuffs with Minishark + Exploding Bullets regenerated mana significantly faster than the Mana Regen Potion, which I found surprising. But that doesn't really mean that it's better, because you need to be on the ground for it to work. Mana Cloak was bad as expected, and it won't even work if you're moving horizontally at all (I was standing still).

So I'm going to raise Magic Cuffs to at least B, as this strategy (of using the Minishark with Explosive Bullets) seems like a pretty good way to replenish mana. But Super Mana Potions might be better, if you can time them correctly.

So I'm going to raise Magic Cuffs to at least B, as this strategy (of using the Minishark with Explosive Bullets) seems like a pretty good way to replenish mana. But Super Mana Potions might be better, if you can time them correctly.
Generally speaking in hardmode you're better off just dealing with mana sickness than waiting for mana to regenrate, and those calculations assumed you were using a sidearm to deal damage while waiting to recharge, if you do minishark+exploding bullets you really aren't doing damage to what you're fighting. I'd rather do half damage for 3 seconds than no damage for 2 seconds, and have an extra accesory slot.

It's been a while since I made this tier list, so I've decide to come back and make some changes.

Hermes Boots: S -> A (Faster running is only useful on the ground, and the best pair of boots can't be crafted with Hermes)
Flurry Boots: S -> A (Same reason as for Hermes Boots)
Shiny Red Balloon: A -> S (I gave Frog Leg S so I should give this S too, plus this has very useful tinkers)
Tsunami in a Bottle: A -> S (I lowered this too much for being only slightly better than Cloud in a Bottle)
Balloon Pufferfish: A -> S (Same reason as SRB)
Worm Scarf: A -> S (I under-appreciated 17% damage reduction)
Pygmy Necklace: A -> S (One extra minion is extremely useful no matter what stage of the game you're in)
Honey Balloon: D -> C (it's a waste of a SRB but it still has SRB's jump height so)
Amber Horseshoe Balloon: D -> C (same reason as Honey Balloon)
Gold Ring: B -> C (extra coin pickup range is not worth the rarity of this accessory)
Charm of Myths: A -> S (really great defensive accessory, a combination of two A tier accessories is usually pretty good)
Greedy Ring: B -> C (definitely not worth the grind, plus there is no reason to upgrade since you wouldn't need to wear the ingredients at all times)
Avenger Emblem: A -> S (slightly worse damage to your main weapon but affects both it and your minions)
Destroyer Emblem: A -> S (really good offensive stat boost for all weapons)

Let me know what you think before I make the changes.

Last edited:

It's been a while since I made this tier list, so I've decide to come back and make some changes.

Hermes Boots: S -> A (Faster running is only useful on the ground, and the best pair of boots can't be crafted with Hermes)
Flurry Boots: S -> A (Same reason as for Hermes Boots)
Shiny Red Balloon: A -> S (I gave Frog Leg S so I should give this S too, plus this has very useful tinkers)
Tsunami in a Bottle: A -> S (I lowered this too much for being only slightly better than Cloud in a Bottle)
Balloon Pufferfish: A -> S (Same reason as SRB)
Worm Scarf: A -> S (I under-appreciated 17% damage reduction)
Pygmy Necklace: A -> S (One extra minion is extremely useful no matter what stage of the game you're in)
Honey Balloon: D -> C (it's a waste of a SRB but it still has SRB's jump height so)
Amber Horseshoe Balloon: D -> C (same reason as Honey Balloon)
Gold Ring: B -> C (extra coin pickup range is not worth the rarity of this accessory)
Charm of Myths: A -> S (really great defensive accessory, a combination of two A tier accessories is usually pretty good)
Greedy Ring: B -> C (definitely not worth the grind, plus there is no reason to upgrade since you wouldn't need to wear the ingredients at all times)
Avenger Emblem: A -> S (slightly worse damage to your main weapon but affects both it and your minions)
Destroyer Emblem: A -> S (really good offensive stat boost for all weapons)

Let me know what you think before I make the changes.
Agreed almost everything but few notes:
1. All boost still great pre hm, ez to find one in every biome. Only shadowed by wings but still deserved S . Perhaps S-
2. Sandstorm in a Bottle: Here is the thing, its super ez to find or u cant find it. U can have it right at the start without even try. Performance: S no doubt. So overall S
3. Feral Claws: Must have for summoner and very useful for melee. That means 2/4 class. Has very long life span. Ingredient for many useful Combined Accessories. S- for me
4.Rocket Boots A>B-: Horible acceleration speed, low jump heigh. The only upside is that basically a free upgrade to any boots.
5.Frozen Turtle Shell:A>B only good for face tank warrior, u dont want to be in the posistion< 50% life to make this useful. Low drop chance from a not that common enemy in undesired bimone in hard mode make it even worse.
6. Frozen Shield: S>A. A litte bit Better version of Ank shield but u have to craft it from 2 rare ingreient. Honestly not worth the grind, only good for facetank warrior. Cobalt shield and Obsidian Shield served well enough.
7. Cobalt shield/Obsidian Shield ( free upgrade Cobalt shield) : Hard to rank this because its just too good to rank A ( long life span, ez to get) but not broken enough be be ranked S ( u can completely ignore it).its in the middle of A-S.
8.Charm of Myths: the effect mostly comefrom Philosopher's Stone. But Charm of Myths add some extra benefit, +1 regen, can wear in vanity slot. So probably still A.

2. Sandstorm in a Bottle: Here is the thing, its super ez to find or u cant find it. U can have it right at the start without even try. Performance: S no doubt. So overall S
I would give it S, however it's uncommon for pyramids to generate in worlds and when they do, it's likely that you'll get Magic Carpet or Pharaoh's Set instead. If you do get it it's really good, but if you don't you can't get it in that world at all.
3. Feral Claws: Must have for summoner and very useful for melee. That means 2/4 class. Has very long life span. Ingredient for many useful Combined Accessories. S- for me
Being useful for whips and some melee weapons isn't enough to make it universal enough for S tier in my opinion.
4.Rocket Boots A>B-: Horible acceleration speed, low jump heigh. The only upside is that basically a free upgrade to any boots.
Yeah the acceleration isn't that good, but the flight time isn't low and you can release it in bursts. Comes in handy for crossing lava pools in the Underworld or getting over Skeletron's head, to name a few use cases.
5.Frozen Turtle Shell:A>B only good for face tank warrior, u dont want to be in the posistion< 50% life to make this useful. Low drop chance from a not that common enemy in undesired bimone in hard mode make it even worse.
25% damage reduction is actually really good, Worm Scarf is widely considered an extremely useful accessory and it's 17% DR. Only activating below 50% health is a disadvantage of FTS but being below half health isn't a death sentence unless you're in Master FTW or something.
6. Frozen Shield: S>A. A litte bit Better version of Ank shield but u have to craft it from 2 rare ingreient. Honestly not worth the grind, only good for facetank warrior. Cobalt shield and Obsidian Shield served well enough.
Despite being a somewhat rare drop, FTS's effect is a really nice bonus on an accessory you'd use for knockback resistance. Reconsidering putting in S but for now I'll just leave it where it is.
8.Charm of Myths: the effect mostly comefrom Philosopher's Stone. But Charm of Myths add some extra benefit, +1 regen, can wear in vanity slot. So probably still A.
This actually isn't true. Without Philosopher's Stone you heal 150 health per minute with Greater Healing Potions, or 2.5 health per second. With Philosopher's Stone you heal 200 health per minute, or 3.333 health per second. That means that Philosopher's Stone adds 0.833 hp/s whereas Band of Regeneration adds 1 hp/s.

Yeah the acceleration isn't that good, but the flight time isn't low and you can release it in bursts. Comes in handy for crossing lava pools in the Underworld or getting over Skeletron's head, to name a few use cases.
Few uses for A rank, Same rank as Emblems, Cobalt Shield,.. Not deserved. Noone want to use this alone, its just a free upgrade for any boots. Only with the help of balloon and frogleg make it a liitle bit better. i have no problem if it drop down to rank C.
25% damage reduction is actually really good, Worm Scarf is widely considered an extremely useful accessory and it's 17% DR. Only activating below 50% health is a disadvantage of FTS but being below half health isn't a death sentence unless you're in Master FTW or something.
Yeah not bad effect afterall but look at the rarity, plus Snow biome in hardmode is undesired place so . The effect itself probaly A- for me but the rarity make it B. Not as useful as some A rank accessories like magic quiver to actually worth grinding for.
This actually isn't true. Without Philosopher's Stone you heal 150 health per minute with Greater Healing Potions, or 2.5 health per second. With Philosopher's Stone you heal 200 health per minute, or 3.333 health per second. That means that Philosopher's Stone adds 0.833 hp/s whereas Band of Regeneration adds 1 hp/s
i know its healing potential but better use this as swap in accessory ( if u dont mind multitasking), just swap when need the coldown reduction, it save u 1 slot for better combat accessories, that means another version of Philosopher's Stone. Could be S for lazy person or mobile user.
Despite being a somewhat rare drop, FTS's effect is a really nice bonus on an accessory you'd use for knockback resistance. Reconsidering putting in S but for now I'll just leave it where it is.
S rank is where broken or game changer accessories belong. u put Sandstorm bottle A because of rarity meanwhile FTS S. A good knockback imunity accessory but yet the effect is not worth S.

So with the new update what are people's thoughts on Magiluminescence and Bone Helm?

Bone Helm seems really good, it's basically an early game Spore Sac with tier-appropriate damage, but waaaaaaay better mechanics. Easy A tier at least.

Magiluminescence seems good too, since its speed buff is actually really good and seems to stack multiplicatively with other speed buffs, but since speed isn't a super important stat in general it might be more like B tier? Still a good movement option for prehardmode that easily competes with sprint boots (but stacks with them!). Really puts the Anklet of the Wind to shame.

I've had two playthroughs with new content and every time I make magiluminescence the whole game feels easier. It completely removes all concerns about light at the part of the game where light is most annoying (early pre-hardmode, if making it right after eye of cthulhu) and increases mobility for boss fights where mobility matters a lot (Queen Bee, Skeletron, etc.). I guess the only issue is that it competes with damage and defense accessories. For me personally, it's an A (about same as Lucky Horseshoe).

I agree Bone Helm is great!

Back
Top Bottom