Full Game Accessory Tier List

What rank should the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Stinger Necklace be at?

• B rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C rank

• D rank

• F rank

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It IS useless.
In 19 of my 20 playthroughs that i can remember i always get a lot of cholophyte NO MATTER what class im playing (mage for spectre bars ranger for shroomite/bullets melee for turtle armor and i havent done a summoner yet) and while i am getting that chlorophyte i always get all of the 20 lifefruit that i need. Flower Boots are completely usless and should be f tier. even for console and modded players right now they are too hard to get to get the bait. (only ever found them once). again they should either be f tier or removed from this list. Also dont get me started on the fairy boots. They are the most usless item in the entire game. just why. Not only does it make you need to get the spectre boots again, they make it so that every grass block you walk on give no bait what so ever. It is stupid
I'm going to keep them in the list because flowers don't grow when they're in a vanity slot which makes them not vanity. I'm torn between D and F because they can be used to get large amounts of Hay or Jungle Grass Seeds quickly, but they do make it much harder to get bait because they stop critters from spawning from grass.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you can still get free bait with flower boots - just much more slowly. As I understand it, the flower boots prevent you from getting bait from grass but only while they are worn. You could set up a long strip of grass, run over it with flower boots, then take them off and harvest the grass for critters. If this does actually work, I’d say Flower Boots could be bumped up to even C - if not, it’s a definite F.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you can still get free bait with flower boots - just much more slowly. As I understand it, the flower boots prevent you from getting bait from grass but only while they are worn. You could set up a long strip of grass, run over it with flower boots, then take them off and harvest the grass for critters. If this does actually work, I’d say Flower Boots could be bumped up to even C - if not, it’s a definite F.
It does work. It's slower than before, obviously, but it's the only way to produce bait on demand. Looks to be B rank according to this scale, since nothing else does this better.

I would say put mana flower is s tier now hear me out in the heat of the monent i always forget my mana potions and i die cuz im on mobile and i have to stop moveing and attacking just to click a button so i would say at least for mobile mages mana flower is 100% S tier and for other platforms at least a B tier
...S is too high for an accessory that only benefits one class...

I'm of the opinion that celestial magnet and mana flower do the same thing but for different circumstances. Flower is better for bosses, and Magnet is better for invasions and exploration. Their weaknesses sort of cancel out - Mana flower applies mana sickness, but the Magnet only restores you when you kill an enemy. I say that if the magnet gets into S tier, so does the flower. If not, then not.

Even so, Mana flower isn't an S tier accessory by any means. It has its uses (I am tired of people saying it's completely useless), but it's generally outclassed by the mana regen potions (and this is the one time where a potion is seriously better most of the time).

Even so, Mana flower isn't an S tier accessory by any means. It has its uses (I am tired of people saying it's completely useless), but it's generally outclassed by the mana regen potions (and this is the one time where a potion is seriously better most of the time).
I do have to agree with you here. however, it's also good enough to carry a mage from pre-hardmode to post-moonlord if you don't have a moonglow and fallen star farm. Plus, it's permanent, unlike the potions.

I do have to agree with you here. however, it's also good enough to carry a mage from pre-hardmode to post-moonlord if you don't have a moonglow and fallen star farm. Plus, it's permanent, unlike the potions.
the quick mana hotkey, exists

if you don't have a moonglow and fallen star farm. Plus, it's permanent, unlike the potions.

I would agree with you here, if not for the fact that mana regen potions are the most damn easiest thing to craft. Moonglow and daybloom are extremely easy to obtain, have easy blooming conditions, and setting up 10 pots of each will cost you at most a few minutes. Also, the permanent aspect of the mana flower really doesn't come into play that often, since durning usual gameplay you can just take breaks between firing spells; durning invasions you will be fueled by mana stars (and magic cuffs); pretty much the one time mana flower shines is durning long boss fights, if you use high mana cost weapons that require constant fire, like meteor staff or laser machine gun.

the quick mana hotkey, exists

Ah, yes, my favorite argument - assuming that every player is a machine that can press the mana hotkey at the perfect moment durning a heated battle where you also have to focus on many other things at once. I mean, if you're a try-hard that can do that - congratulations, but not everyone is like you, and not everyone has what it takes to keep track of so many things on screen.

Ah, yes, my favorite argument - assuming that every player is a machine that can press the mana hotkey at the perfect moment durning a heated battle where you also have to focus on many other things at once. I mean, if you're a try-hard that can do that - congratulations, but not everyone is like you, and not everyone has what it takes to keep track of so many things on screen.
Not saying its useless, just that its far from nessesary if you don't have mana regen potions, it will reduce the amount of mana sickness you get slightly, but thats not as useful as an accesory that straight up increases damage.

Not saying its useless, just that its far from nessesary if you don't have mana regen potions, it will reduce the amount of mana sickness you get slightly, but thats not as useful as an accesory that straight up increases damage.
Except it's hard to pay attention to your mana meter while you're trying to dodge and aim at a boss at the same time. I struggle with healing with quick heal at the right time, and that's accompanied by a visual and audio cue in the form of the character getting hurt. With quick mana there's no such cues until you stop firing your weapon and get mowed down by 264 pumpkings. It may be easier for some, but its a little difficult to pay attention to your health, mana, the boss, the boss's projectiles, and your remaining flight time all at the same time.

Except it's hard to pay attention to your mana meter while you're trying to dodge and aim at a boss at the same time. I struggle with healing with quick heal at the right time, and that's accompanied by a visual and audio cue in the form of the character getting hurt. With quick mana there's no such cues until you stop firing your weapon and get mowed down by 264 pumpkings. It may be easier for some, but its a little difficult to pay attention to your health, mana, the boss, the boss's projectiles, and your remaining flight time all at the same time.
It’s not hard to learn though. You can very easily just learn the interval of time needed and press the button vaguely when you think you’ll need it. Paying attention to your mana meter isn’t really even needed.

It’s not hard to learn though. You can very easily just learn the interval of time needed and press the button vaguely when you think you’ll need it. Paying attention to your mana meter isn’t really even needed.
You do have a point. Problem is, when using fast-firing mana guzzlers like Laser Machinegun you really need to get the timing right or you're going to run out. If you forget to press it or are distracted because of a boss or enemies, you'll stop firing and have to wait for the long recharge time to get back to full speed.

You do have a point. Problem is, when using fast-firing mana guzzlers like Laser Machinegun you really need to get the timing right or you're going to run out. If you forget to press it or are distracted because of a boss or enemies, you'll stop firing and have to wait for the long recharge time to get back to full speed.
That’s only a concern for exactly two weapons though. Laser machinegun and charged blaster cannon.

Is the 8% mana reduction from the mana flower too insignificant to make a difference? I feel like it’s at least worthy of consideration to use.
It drops the mana cost of Bat Scepter and Laser Machinegun to 2 when worn with Chlorophyte Headgear and Dark Artist's Robes. Both of those armor pieces are decent enough that I wouldn't call this combo situational (though I doubt many people have seriously used it up until now).

It seems like the Lava Charm discussion was forgotten, so I'm going to point out that it's not ONLY useful in hell. When I'm mining in the Lava Layer, I do occasionally fail to save myself from falling into said Lava. In addition to that, it's common to kill a lava slime next to you, which will flood you with lava if you aren't paying attention.
You can easily just avoid the lava layer though. Palladium and Orichalcum are both definitely strong enough to kill the mechs.

Back
Top Bottom