Full Game Accessory Tier List

What rank should the Shark Tooth Necklace and the Stinger Necklace be at?

• B rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C rank

• D rank

• F rank

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a tier list of all the accessories in unmodded Terraria. If I missed an accessory, or I made a mistake somewhere or you have a different opinion on how I ranked an accessory, please tell me. I will be ranking the accessories mostly on how useful their effects are on their own and how you get them, though I may mention synergies with other accessories in the explanation. Also, I won't include certain accessories that don't deserve their own entries because their effects can be described much simpler in the entries of similar accessories, any accessories that work from the inventory and don't need to be equipped to work, or the Voodoo Dolls because they aren't used as accessories. Just to clarify, base accessories are obtained from chests, crates or enemies, or crafted from non-accessory ingredients, and combined accessories are crafted out of other accessories.

In addition to an accessory's overall ranking, I will be giving it scores out of three in each of the following things: functionality (how useful is the thing that it effects), impact (how much of a positive impact it has), versatility (how many situations or classes it applies to), longevity (how long it remains useful), availability (how easy or time-consuming it is to get it), and, for combined accessories only, superiority (how much better than its components it is).

I have finished the entries of all the accessories I'm including in this tier list, but I will still update the list based on new balance updates to the game (if there will be any) and any feedback I get.

Accessory Ranks
S rank: Incredibly useful for a long time. Don't switch it out for anything other than something that does the same thing but better or has other effects as well.
A rank: Useful, but may be special or stand out. Tends to be good for the whole game but has an effect that's not very game-changing.

B rank: Has a specific niche that comes in handy, or is useful for a short amount of time but is replaceable afterwards. There is probably something better that could use that slot for most situations.
C rank: The effect isn't too bad, but it isn't very useful. If its a niche accessory, its niche isn't very useful. There's definitely something that could be more worthy of that slot.
D rank: Barely useful. Don't use this accessory, or at least rarely use it. It only has one use that stops it from being totally useless, usually a crafting use.
F rank: Completely useless. Has an effect that does almost nothing, and isn't used to craft anything good.

NOTE: Accessories can go down a rank or two if they are too rare, don't benefit every class, are outclassed by something else, or aren't worth crafting over something else, so keep that in mind if you're preparing feedback.

Modifiers are ranked similarly to accessories, however length of usefulness isn't considered as much because modifiers mostly stay the same usefulness throughout the game.

Hard/Guarding/Armored/Warding
Increases defense
While a few extra points of defense are useless, if you reforge multiple accessories to Warding, you'll get a decent defense boost, which is useful in Classic Mode and Journey Mode. However in Expert Mode and Master Mode, you'll take more damage, so defense won't help much. Also, if you reforge accessories to these modifiers, you'll have less chance to increase offense stats.

Precise/Lucky
Increases critical strike chance
This is a useful increase to damage output like Menacing with only a few downsides: summon weapons can't usually deal critical hits, so these is useless for summoners, and damage can go higher indefinitely whereas having over 100% crit chance doesn't help you any more than having 100%. It may seem much less consistent than Menacing, but weapons that attack fast usually have the most DPS, so if you're hitting many times per second critical hits have lots of chances to trigger.

Jagged/Spiked/Angry/Menacing
Increases damage
This is probably the best reforge. Extra defense or crit chance is nice, but extra damage has the best effect because all classes can benefit from it and it's not trivialized in higher difficulties. However, armour sets and weapons modifiers benefit damage more, and since an equilibrium of increased damage and increased crit chance provides the highest DPS, you may want to reforge more of your accessories to Lucky than Menacing.

Brisk/Fleeting/Hasty/Quick
Increases movement speed
Extra movement speed usually has almost no effect, unless you invest a lot into it. However that puts you at a serious disadvantage, because every other stat will be extremely low. If you only take modifiers into consideration, you'll only run ever so sightly faster (when not wearing Hermes Boots or an equivalent), and accelerate a little bit faster. I wouldn't reforge any accessories to one of these modifiers because you'd lose out on other stats.

Wild/Rash/Intrepid/Violent
Increases melee speed
Melee speed has a decent effect on late-game projectile swords, increases the velocity significantly of thrown melee weapons, and increases the range of flails and boomerangs, which makes Violent a good choice for melee. However that doesn't mean that you should reforge everything to these modifiers, because Menacing and Lucky increase damage output more. It's also useful for summoners, because whips benefit from higher melee speed, as long as you can reliably hit your opponents with them. But Menacing is probably better because you also increase the damage of your minions as well, and keeping enemies in range of your whip can be dangerous.

Arcane
Increase maximum mana
This is simply an increase in how long you can fire magic weapons before having to regenerate your mana or use Mana Potions. Menacing and Lucky are much more useful overall, but I think its good to have one or two accessories with this modifier as a mage.

Base Accessories
1609220357733.png
Aglet

Increases movement space by 5%
Obtainment method: Found in Wooden Chests, Wooden Crates and Pearlwood Crates
5% movement speed barely makes any difference at all, however it is useful for getting modifiers at a time where they can be pretty impactful.

Functionality: I
Impact: I
Versatility: II
Longevity: II
Availability: II

1609220376871.png
Climbing Claws
Gives the ability to slide down walls and jump off vertical surfaces
Ranks: B
This accessory is actually very good for going underground and searching for ores, chests and heart crystals, because the sliding can be used to get down vertical shafts safely, and the wall-jumping is great for climbing up cliffs. However it gets outclassed quickly, mainly because of grappling hooks.

Functionality: II
Impact: II
Longevity: I

1609256142428.png
Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage
Vines will drop Vine Rope when cut
This accessory is useful for a very short amount of time. It's useful for gathering rope very easily before you go underground, but once you go underground pots and chests will give you enough standard rope for your needs that this accessory becomes basically useless quickly.

Versatility: I

1609256262116.png
Step Stool
Allows you to reach higher when not moving
Obtainment method: Found in Wooden Chests
Quite useful for building high ceilings and jumping onto ledges that would usually be just out of reach, but you could just use a grappling hook, however that's harder to get.

1609256297002.png
Band of Regeneration
Increase life regeneration
Obtainment method: Found in Gold Chests underground
It can be useful, but only to a certain degree. The health regeneration boost it provides won't make a large difference when you have low max health, you're better off just running away. But once you get higher health, it can really help you after an encounter with a dangerous enemy. In higher difficulties natural health regeneration is weaker, so this makes more of a difference.

Functionality: III
Versatility: III
Longevity: III
Availability: III

1609256355110.png
Cloud in a Bottle
Allows a double jump
The double jump is very, very useful. It can be used to jump onto ledges underground, get over hills on the surface, get closer to a ceiling so that you can grapple onto it, and especially jumping over enemies and bosses, like Queen Bee's charge attack, or Skeletron's hands, or over any enemy with Fighter AI.

Impact: III

1609256384831.png
Hermes Boots
The wearer can run almost twice the usual speed
This accessory is extremely handy for world travel and helps out a lot in boss fights that happen on the surface near the ground and/or when the boss is chasing you.

1609256451497.png
Shoe Spikes
Gives the ability to slide down walls and jump off vertical surfaces
If this was as easy to find as Climbing Claws and wasn't found in underground Gold Chests, I'd give it an A. But it's worse than the other Gold Chest loot, with the exception of the Flare Gun. However, if you find this, there's a high chance of having already found the Climbing Claws, so you can get the wall-sticking ability when you pair those two, however it does take up two accessory slots.

1610144709483.png
White String
Increases the range of all yoyos
Obtainment method: Crafted with 30 Cobwebs at a Loom
Because Yoyos are among the best kinds of melee weapons out there, and that this is extremely easy to acquire, this is a great accessory for warriors, and it becomes even more useful in Hardmode, when you can combine it with the Yoyo Glove and a Counterweight to make the Yoyo Bag, a must-have for Yoyo users.

1609256478974.png
Flipper
Grants the ability to swim in liquids
Obtainment method: Found in Water Chests, Ocean Crates, and Seaside Crates
It's very good for moving around in liquids, but large bodies of water aren't very common, so there isn't really a chance for this accessory to be useful.

1609256503578.png
Inner Tube
The wearer floats to the top of liquids
Comes in handy for navigating the surface since water pools can be rather wide.

1609256535789.png
Water Walking Boots
Provides the ability to walk on the surface of water and honey
This is actually a decent accessory for a bit, because it means you can just ignore water altogether and just walk across it, which is useful for exploration, and then it gets better once you find a Lava Charm, obtain an Obsidian Rose and craft an Obsidian Skull, as the Lava Waders are good.

1609256573210.png
Lucky Horseshoe
Completely negates fall damage
Very useful in Pre-Hardmode, as fall damage is one of the main issues. However, it's outclassed in every way by the Fledgeling Wings, which I think is harder to get, but it depends on who you ask.

1609256591235.png
Lava Charm
Provides 7 seconds of lava immunity when in lava
Obtainment method: Found in Gold Chests at the lava layer and in Obsidian and Hellstone Crates
This would be a B, because lava immunity or a way to avoid lava is crucial for surviving the Underworld and fighting the Wall of Flesh, but this accessory is too rare to be ranked that high. It may not seem rare if you've never tried to get it, but it is very hard to find, trust me. Also Obsidian Skin Potions provide 4 minutes of lava immunity as well as a bunch of other effects and are much easier to get.

Availability: I

1609256615986.png
Sandstorm in a Bottle
Allows a double jump
Obtainment method: Found in Gold Chests inside Pyramids
This would also be an S because it's basically a Cloud in a Bottle with a much larger double jump, but there's a low chance of your world having a pyramid, but even then it might contain the Flying Carpet or the Pharaoh's set instead, and it's even rarer for there to be a second pyramid. Also, unlike the Lava Charm, if your world doesn't have one, you can't obtain it from fishing.

1609256644554.png
Flying Carpet
Allows the rider to float for 4 seconds
Obtainment method: Found in Gold Chest inside Pyramids
It has the same problem as the Sandstorm in a Bottle, but that doesn't matter as much because the ability isn't as useful anyways. However it is good for flying over holes or lakes, or to negate fall damage if activated right before hitting the ground, but for that the Cloud in a Bottle or Rocket Boots or something like that can be used instead.

1609256671756.png
Ice Skates
Provides extra mobility on ice and thin ice will not break when you fall on it
Obtainment method: Found in Frozen Chests, Frozen Crates, and Boreal Crates
This accessory isn't useful because you wouldn't visit the Underground Snow biome except for this accessory (for the Terraspark Boots), perhaps the Blizzard in a Bottle if you want the Bundle of Balloons, or Flinx Fur if you're a summoner. But even then, there probably won't be a situation in which these would be of use, as thin ice is rare even in the the biome its found in, and the speed boost isn't much.

1609256810364.png
Blizzard in a Bottle
Allows a double jump
This accessory is almost identical to the Cloud in a Bottle. The main difference is that the double jump is larger, but not as large as the Sandstorm in a Bottle's double jump. Also, it's a bit rarer, but if you use Spelunker potions it shouldn't be too hard to find.

1609257247208.png
Flurry Boots
It's exactly the same as the Hermes Boots. I don't know why someone would go out of their way to look for these, as they function the exact same way as Hermes Boots, and are rarer.

1609257637477.png
Feral Claws
12% increased melee speed and enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips
Obtainment method: Found in Ivy Chests, Jungle Crates, and Bramble Crates
Before 1.4.1, this would have been a C or a D. However, 1.4.1 added autoswing to all melee weapons and whips to it, which made it a must-have for summoners and an accessory that's optional but will really help you for melee players. This protects your fingers and increases the DPS of any whip or melee weapon, and can be eventually made into the Fire Gauntlet, so I'd recommend getting this.

1609258143083.png
Anklet of the Wind
Increases movement speed by 10%
Like with the Aglet, the speed boost isn't very noticeable on its own, however this increases movement speed by twice as much as the Aglet, which is a bit more noticeable. But by the time you get this, you'll probably have Hermes Boots already and this doesn't affect those.

1609264548407.png
Flower Boots
Flowers grow on grass you walk on
Since its nerf in 1.4, it isn't as useful anymore, but it can still be used to farm bait for fishing, except it's much slower than before. It can also be used to farm Hay and Jungle Grass Seeds, which haven't been affected by the nerf.

1609264866724.png
Ancient Chisel
Increases mining speed by 25%
Obtainment method: Found in Sandstone Chests, Oasis Crates, and Mirage Crates
It's very useful for mining, and since mining is crucial to progression, you should keep this in your inventory and use it when needed, but since you won't be mining all the time, you'll probably want to equip mobility and damage accessories most of the time, because you'll be moving and fighting much more than mining.

1609265324507.png
Dunerider Boots
The wearer can run almost twice the normal speed, and even faster on sand
Obtainment method: Found in Sandstone Chests, Oasis Crates, and Mirage Crates
This is another Hermes Boots clone, however this one has the bonus ability of extra speed on sand. If you want the speed boost for boss fights and events, you can prepare a long flat plane of sand and use that. The downsides of this accessory is that the Spectre Boots don't get the speed boost, and also the underground desert is extremely dangerous in pre-Hardmode.

1609268223581.png
Shiny Red Balloon
Increases jump height
Obtainment method: Found in Skyware Chests, Sky Crates, and Azure Crates
This is decent accessory because it increases your jump height as well as increasing your double jump height, which allows you to jump 37 blocks when paired with the Sandstorm in a Bottle, 91 blocks when paired with all the double jump bottles, and 176 blocks when paired with Rocket Boots and all the jump bottles. This number increases with even more accessories, like wings and the Frog Leg. But on its own, the Shiny Red Balloon is extremely underwhelming, and it's a bit difficult to get your hands on compared to the Cloud in a Bottle, for example.

1609270704293.png
Fledgeling Wings
Allows flight and slow fall and negates fall damage
Obtainment method: Found in Skyware Chests, Sky Crates, and Azure Crates
This is the only Pre-Hardmode pair of wings, and they are basically a combination of a Lucky Horseshoe, a Featherfall Potion (a weaker one) and Rocket Boots. They provide excellent mobility, and when paired with Rocket Boots and a Frog Leg, they get even better.

1609271224413.png
Frog Leg
Increases jump speed, allows auto-jump and increases fall resistance
Obtainment method: Caught from fishing
This accessory is similar to the Shiny Red Balloon, however it also boosts wings, enables auto-jump, increases the amount of blocks you need to fall before taking fall damage, and performs a bit better on its own. However, you do need to fish for it, and early on your fishing power is quite low.

1609271622899.png
Tsunami in a Bottle
Allows a double jump
Obtainment method: Found in Wooden Crates, Pearlwood Crates, Iron Crates, and Mythril Crates
It's not too bad, but it's barely better than the Cloud in a Bottle, which is much easier to get. Also your fishing power probably isn't very high at this point, and crates don't always contain what you want, so you have to fish more.

1609272025015.png
Rocket Boots
Allows flight
Obtainment method: Sold by the Goblin Tinkerer
Not as good as the double jump bottles (which can be gotten earlier) for jumping over moving enemies and bosses, but better at flying over long things, like bodies of water or swarms of enemies or meteorite craters. And it stacks with those bottles, allowing for more air time. And it fits into your build well, because of the Spectre Boots.

1609272327485.png
Band of Starpower
Increases maximum mana by 20
Obtainment method: Drops from Shadow Orbs
Somewhat dangerous to get, but can help mages a bit with sustaining their mana and dealing more overall damage. However you can obtain the same effect with a different accessory with an Arcane prefix.

1609272549502.png
Celestial Magnet
Greatly increases mana star pickup range
Obtainment method: Sold by the Traveling Merchant
Useful during events so that you don't have to run into crowds of enemies to regenerate mana, and particularly useful when fighting bosses with minions like Wall of Flesh and Destroyer. It also has a tinker with literally every other mana accessory, as well as the Avenger Emblem.

1609275631984.png
Nature's Gift
6% decreased mana usage
Obtainment method: Found planted in the Jungle
This is among the most useless accessory in the game on its own. Not only does Nature's Gift have a nearly unnoticeable reduction in mana usage, it's found in the Jungle, a difficult biome to survive in. However, it can be made into the Mana Flower, a somewhat useful accessory that allows you to continuously fire magic weapons, which is useful if you want to concentrate during boss battles and events.

1609276186763.png
Hand Warmer
Provides immunity to Chilled and Frozen
Obtainment method: Found in Presents
It's only really useful for exploring the Underground Snow biome in Expert or Master Mode, because you might fall into a pool of water. And it's only available during the Christmas season, and you probably won't get it when it's useful, because Presents are uncommon and this is a rare drop from them, which isn't too bad because it isn't good anyways and isn't an ingredient of anything.

1609276642097.png
Magma Stone
All melee weapons inflict a unique DOT debuff
Obtainment method: Drops from Hellbats and Lava Bats
I have yet to try it post-1.4.1, but it think it's pretty useful now. It's basically free DPS for melee players (warriors), so it's useful, but isn't really useful until you obtain the Mechanical Glove and combine it with this accessory to create the Fire Gauntlet.

1609281882942.png
Bezoar
Provides immunity to Poisoned
Obtainment method: Drops from Hornets, Moss Hornets and Toxic Sludges
It's a rare accessory that protects against a common debuff. It can be useful during the Queen Bee fight and when exploring the jungle, however apart from that you should just stick it in a chest if you get lucky enough to get it at this stage, because there's nothing to combine it with until Hardmode.

1609282267451.png
Obsidian Rose
Decreases the damage taken from lava by a bit over 50%
Obtainment method: Drops from Fire Imps
It's not very useful compared to accessories that allow you to avoid lava damage, like the Lava Charm, or accessories that allow you to fly over lava, however when the fact that it's part of the Lava Waders is a little bit useful, because if helps you escape lava before you die if your meter runs out. The main downside is that it's a rare drop from a somewhat uncommon enemy, which makes the Lava Waders and Terraspark Boots even more annoying to craft. Also, it won't help you if you fall into a deep lava lake, which happens to be the most common kind of lava pool in the Underworld.

1609282696645.png
Obsidian Skull
Provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick and Meteorite
Obtainment method: Crafted with 20 Obsidian at a Furnace
It's completely optional, however it makes mining Meteorite much easier, as well as the Wall of Flesh fight (unless you use a hellbridge). And it can easily fit into your build in the form of an Obsidian Shield. However Obsidian Skin Potions are much better for mining Hellstone because Hellstone tends to be around lava, and the Obsidian Skull doesn't protect you in any way from the lava that comes out of the Hellstone.

1609288975341.png
Panic Necklace
Increases movement speed after taking damage
Obtainment method: Drops from Crimson Hearts
It's only useful for summoner and melee, and even if you're playing these classes there is definitely something better. Also its hard to survive the Crimson with pre-boss gear, and you'll probably have better mobility accessories when you decide to fight the BoC. However, it can be used to help escape an enemy you thought you'd be able to take on, but were wrong. Also, it increases movement speed by a lot, but you can't really use that much before Exploding Bullets become available.

1609289492130.png
Shark Tooth Necklace
Increases armour penetration by 5
Obtainment method: Drops from Blood Zombies and Dripplers
This is very useful for all classes in Pre-Hardmode, when armour penetration is effective. Armour penetration is useful because it basically increases your damage to high defense enemies, however against weaker enemies it doesn't do much. If you get a Blood Moon, which isn't uncommon, you're are basically guaranteed to get a Shark Tooth Necklace, except if you box yourself in and not use summons. It largely benefits high attack speed weapons, which mainly helps rangers, though it also helps Summoners and Mages which are both also capable of achieving high attack speed. Although warriors don't benefit as much from this as other classes do, they can also use the Sharpening Station which stacks with this accessory.

1609290058519.png
Shackle
Increases defense by 1
Obtainment method: Drops from Zonbies
This accessory has one of the most useless effects out there. Defense isn't a very useful stat in Expert and Master Mode, (it's not too bad in Normal and Journey Mode) and this increases that bad stat by just one. One! The upside is that it is extremely easy to get, you don't need to leave spawn to get it and it drops from a very common enemy, however that becomes a downside when you get better gear, as Shackles will flood your inventory. Also it can be used to get a free prefix early on.

1609290613890.png
1609290639628.png
Toolbelt and Toolbox
Increases block placement range by 1 (Toolbelt)/increases item placement range and tool range by 1 (Toolbox)
Obtainment method: Sold by the Goblin Tinkerer (Toolbelt)/Found in Presents (Toolbox)
These accessories are almost useless. Designed entirely for building, they each take up an accessory slot, and in return? 1 extra range for tools and 2 extra range for block placement. You could simply grapple closer.

1609300956181.png
Presserator
Automatically places actuators on placed blocks
Obtainment method: Sold by the Traveling Merchant
This isn't exactly bad at its intended purpose, it's just that actuators are rarely used for anything that helps you. They're for traps and for entrances, and usually when you make one of those you only want a small number of blocks to have actuators on them, so this isn't very useful.

1609306223273.png
Jellyfish Necklace
Provides a very dim glow that becomes brighter underwater
Obtainment method: Drops from Jellyfish
For a rare drop from a uncommon enemy, it's quite underwhelming. It's just a worse glowstick that takes up an accessory slot and barely glows at all out of water. Also, it suffers from the same fact that all water-related accessories suffer from: water bodies are usually small and take up a small percentage of the world.

1609306782965.png
Balloon Pufferfish
Increases jump height
Obtainment method: Caught from fishing
Not much to say here. It functions the same as the Shiny Red Balloon, except for how it can only be combined with the Tsunami in a Bottle, and how you have to fish for it. It doesn't stack with the Shiny Red Balloon.

1609307075984.png
Sailfish Boots
Obtainment method: Found in Wooden Crates, Pearlwood Crates, Iron Crates, and Mythril Crates
It's the final Hermes Boots clone, however this one can be combined with the Frog Leg to make the Amphibian Boots, which some argue is better that Terraspark for mobility.

1609346397868.png
Diving Helmet (technically not an accessory, but should be one)
Greatly extends breath time underwater
Obtainment method: Drops from Sharks
Great for exploring the ocean and searching for Water Chests, but its usefulness basically ends there. Though the might encounter large lake underground, its not very likely, and even if you do, you'll probably avoid it anyway. Also, it has a very low drop chance from a tough and uncommon enemy.

1610149766095.png
1610149775852.png
1610149786356.png
1610149797553.png
1610149806161.png
1610149820603.png
Counterweights
Spawns a small damaging yoyo-like projectile after hitting an enemy with a yoyo
Obtainment method: Sold by the Skeleton Merchant and the Traveling Merchant
The projectile is almost impossible to control, and it's very inaccurate. It's somewhat useful for destroying projectiles like Choas Balls and Water Spheres, but it isn't the best for that job (use a sword or flail instead). It can also be used for knocking away enemies during an event when you're focusing on other enemies, but again, it's very inaccurate.

1609353553312.png
Royal Gel (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Slimes become friendly
Obtainment method: Found in King Slime's Treasure Bag
It is somewhat useful because slimes are very common and in Expert or Master Mode they are more dangerous, however slimes are usually passive until you attack them anyway. Yet there are certain slimes that should be avoided and that this accessory removes the threat from: Spiked Jungle Slimes, Spiked Ice Slimes and Lava Slimes.

1609353907761.png
Shield of Cthulhu (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Gives the ability to dash
Obtainment method: Found in Eye of Cthulhu's Treasure Bag
This accessory is extremely useful for dodging bosses and avoiding enemies you don't want to engage, or even knocking enemies off cliffs if you want to get rid of them. You should keep this accessory until you get Crystal Assassin Armour or Master Ninja Gear.

1609359362389.png
Worm Scarf (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Reduces damage taken by 17%
Obtainment method: Found in Eater of Worlds's Treasure Bag
On its own, it's somewhat decent, but not to a big degree. When combined with other things that reduces damage taken, like the Endurance Potion, Banners, or Beetle Armour, it becomes even more helpful. For example, the Moon Lord's Phantasmal Deathray does 450 damage in Master Mode. If you wear Solar Flare Armour, the Frozen Shield, the Paladin's Shield, and 5 other non-defense-boosting accessories reforged to Warding, your defense will be 118. That alone reduces the damage of the attack from 450 to 332. The Frozen Shield, the Endurance Potion, and Solar Flare Armour's damage reduction will reduce that 332 points of damage to 285. With Solar Flare Armour's set bonus, the damage becomes 228. With the Paladin's Shield and another player, the damage goes down to 171. However, with the Worm Scarf (reforged to Warding) instead of one of the generic accessories, you only take 72 damage. It can make more of a difference than you'd think, though that example is with a post-Moon Lord loadout.

1609362107289.png
Brain of Confusion (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Provides a 1/6 chance of dodging an attack, temporally increases critical strike chance for 4 seconds after dodging, and gives a chance to confuse nearby enemies when struck
Obtainment method: Drops from Brain of Cthulhu's Treasure Bag
The dodge ability is amazing for pre-Hardmode, especially since enemies are much tougher in Expert and Master Mode. It's also useful in Hardmode, especially since it stacks with the Black Belt/Master Ninja Gear and can activate while Holy Protection is active. The critical strike chance boost after dodging is useful too, though it's not as useful as the dodge chance or the Worm Scarf's 17% damage reduction. Before the 1.4 update, this was one of most useless accessories and would've been an F.

1609363159525.png
Lavaproof Fishing Hook
Allows fishing in lava with any bait and fishing pole
Obtainment method: Found in Obsidian Crates and Hellstone Crates
It's an accessory designed to remove the annoyance of catching hell critters or doing fishing quests for the Hotline Fishing Hook. It also allows you to have a much higher fishing power when fishing in lava, as you can use the Golden Fishing Pole and any 50% bait power bait, like Master Bait or a golden critter or a Tree Nymph Butterfly. The downside is that there isn't anything important that you can only get from fishing in lava, however if you're having trouble finding a certain item in Shadow Chests or finding the Lava Charm you can fish for Obsidian/Hellstone Crates.

Bone_Helm.png
Bone Helm (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Creates shadow hands that attack enemies
Obtainment method: Found in Deerclops's Treasure Bag

1609370641180.png
Hive Pack (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Strengthens bees spawned from friendly sources (from bee weapons, the Honey Comb and its tinkers)
Obtainment method: Found in Queen Bee's Treasure Bag
Very useful against the Wall of Flesh, as Queen Bee drops are among the most effective weapons for that fight. However in Hardmode it shouldn't be used as bee items become too ineffective against the enemies you'll encounter then. Also can "bee" used against Skeletron and in the small corridors of the Dungeon to boost bee weapons that are effective because they home and bounce off the walls.

1609371406039.png
Honey Comb
Releases bees and gives the Honey buff when struck
Obtainment method: Drops from Queen Bee
It sounds useful, but the bee-releasing effect isn't very helpful, however now it's a bit more helpful than before 1.4.1, as the bees now get stronger in harder difficulties. The honey effect may seem good for regenerating health after being damaged, but it only lasts for 5 seconds, and in that time you barely regenerate any health. A better option is to use a Honey Bucket which is available pre-boss, is much easier to obtain, and lasts 6 times as long. Its tinkers aren't very helpful, except for the Stinger Necklace, but that's not much of an improvement over the Shark Tooth Necklace.

1609372035917.png
Pygmy Necklace
Increases number of minion slots by 1
Obtainment method: Sold by the Witch Doctor
A great accessory for summoners, and a good DPS boost for the other classes. Unfortunately it's a bit expensive, but by the time you kill Queen Bee, you'll probably have enough money to buy it, if you store your coins in a chest or personal storage item.

1609372703310.png
Bone Glove (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Throws piercing bones every second while using a weapon
Obtainment method: Found in Skeletron's Treasure Bag

It's a good way to increase your DPS as any class, but melee benefits the most from it because all Pre-Hardmode melee weapons lack range, and this give all those weapons a long-ranged projectile that does acceptable damage and ignores a very significant amount of defense that is extremely useful for the WoF. It's also good for the corridors of the Dungeon, as the bones bounce three times before disappearing.

1609373361625.png
Cobalt Shield
Gives immunity to knockback
Obtainment method: Found in Gold Chests in the Dungeon
Knockback is one of those annoying things in pre-Hardmode that are dealt with by Hardmode, alongside low jump height, fall damage, and slow movement speed. Knockback immunity is crucial for avoiding danger, mainly enemies and lava, and can make the difference between messing up a boss fight and succeeding. Without it, enemies can knock you into places you don't want to be, and you'll stand a chance when fighting enemies that shoot projectiles. Also, if you progress in the recommended way, you're probably going to end up with one of these. However, you don't need this if you don't get hit, which is why you should invest into mobility.

1609373991686.png
Nazar
Provides immunity to Cursed
Obtainment method: Drops from Cursed Skulls, Enchanted Swords, Cursed Hammers, Crimson Axes, and Giant Cursed Skulls
This tends to be the Ankh Shield ingredient people have the most trouble getting. If you're lucky enough to get it in pre-Hardmode, good for you, you just saved some time in Hardmode. Cursed is one of the most annoying debuffs the Ankh Shield gives immunity to, because it makes you unable to attack, which is very bad in the Dungeon, which is already a hard environment to survive in and where Cursed Skulls are common. Like all debuff immunity accessories, you can keep it in your inventory and equip it when you get inflicted with the debuff.

1609380206608.png
Treasure Magnet
Increases item pickup range
Obtainment method: Found in Shadow Chests
It's useful for certain purposes, yet overall not very important. It can be used for picking up Etherian Mana when fighting the Old One's Army, for gathering drops when underground or AFK farming, and for picking up boss drops during the Pumpkin Moon and the Frost Moon. Apart from that, it's more of a quality-of-life accessory. Unfortunately, it also doesn't have much extra range when compared to the Celestial Magnet or the Heartreach potion.

1611006343811.png
1611006402436.png
1611006413712.png
1611006425103.png
Class Emblems
Boosts damage of a certain type by 15%
Obtainment method: Drops from Wall of Flesh
A very useful damage accessory that can be used for the rest of the game (or until crafted into the Avenger Emblem). However only one can drop at a time and it is annoying to farm for the specific one you're looking for.

1610481277289.png
1610481285115.png
1610481292040.png
Angel/Demon/Leaf Wings
Obtainment method: Crafted with 10 Feathers, 20 Souls of Flight, and 10 Souls of Light at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Angel Wings)/Crafted with 10 Feathers, 20 Souls of Flight, and 10 Souls of Night at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Demon Wings)/Sold by the Witch Doctor in the Jungle at night in Hardmode (Leaf Wings)
Even if it is probably an upgrade from your previous aerial mobility accessories, there are better wings available at this point, like Fairy or Frozen Wings. I'd only go for one of these wings if I could not get the next tier of wings, which shouldn't be harder anyway.

1610481624148.png
Titan Glove
Doubles melee knockback and increases melee weapon size by 10%
Obtainment method: Drops from Mimics
Knockback isn't very useful in most situations, and since most melee weapons don't have much range compared to weapons from other classes, the increased knockback might actually be a bad thing. The extra weapons size will barely have any effect on combat. Also, this is a drop from a very rare enemy, but you'll definitely encounter one sometime.

1610484981850.png
Philosopher's Stone
Reduces the cooldown of healing potions by 25%
Very useful for boss battles in case you get hit, because you can heal more often, but health regeneration accessories can be more effective with the correct gear. Like the Titan Glove, although Mimics are rare, you're almost guaranteed to find one eventually, because of the amount of time you'll spend underground getting souls and preparing for Plantera. In singleplayer with autopause on, you can equip this right before you drink a potion, then after you drink it you can switch it for something else.

1610485350612.png
Cross Necklace
Doubles length of invincibility after taking damage
It's only really useful for warriors, who get hit more than the other classes, but it's still good. It effectively halves the damage you take if you get hit a bunch of consecutive times. It's a must-have for killing bosses like Plantera with the Fetid Baghnahks, but that's only one situation out of many.

1610485880132.png
Star Cloak
Damaging stars fall when you take damage from enemies
Like the Cross Necklace, it only really helps warriors, who are usually close enough for the stars to hit enemies, and their high defense allows them to not suffer as much from the damage taken. For other classes though, it's more of something that allows you to knock away enemies you didn't notice underground.

1610487662018.png
Moon Charm
Turns the wearer into a werewolf at night, which boosts an array of stats
Obtainment method: Drops from Werewolves
It provides good stats boosts, but they are mainly melee boosts and are lower than the effects of the Moon Stone. It is useful for boss battles as many bosses can only be fought at night (or enrage during the day), however it doesn't have too much of an effect.

1610507521443.png
Frozen Turtle Shell
Reduces damage taken by 25% when below 50% health
Obtainment method: Drops from Ice Tortoises
It has a good damage reduction effect, and it stacks with the Worm Scarf and the Endurance Potion, but the effect is only there when you get below 50% health, and it's not a good idea to attempt to lose 200-250 health on purpose, even if you do get damage reduction. It is useful in situations in which things go bad, but if things go bad, you should use a Magic Mirror to escape.

1610508120952.png
Magic Quiver
Increases arrow damage and knockback by 10%, increases arrow velocity by 100%, and provides a 20% chance to not consume arrows
Obtainment method: Drops from Skeleton Archers
It provides decent boosts to arrow DPS and arrow conservation as well as making it a bit easier to hit moving enemies with arrows. However it only boosts one subclass of Ranger, and is somewhat rare.

1610508542979.png
Pocket Mirror
Provides immunity to Stoned
Obtainment method: Drops from Medusas
Not only is it a rare drop from a very rare enemy found is an uncommon biome, the debuff it provides immunity to is a rare debuff from the same rare enemy that can be avoided in a lot of other ways. Also it's not an Ankh Shield component, so overall it is definitely not worth it.

1610508970575.png
Putrid Scent
Increases damage and critical strike chance by 5% and reduces chance for enemies to target you
Obtainment method: Drops from Corrupt Mimics
In singleplayer, it is doesn’t have as much of an effect. It can be used for exploring as it makes many enemies will ignore you, but if you use a weapon or a tool, place blocks, etc. they will target you again. But in multiplayer, it can be useful for making enemies target the tankier players instead of those with less defense and damage reduction. The damage and critical strike chance boost is nice, but not that huge.

1610553745446.png
Flesh Knuckles
Increases defense by 8 and increases chance for enemies to target you
Obtainment method: Drops from Crimson Mimics
It's like the opposite of the Putrid Scent. It's very useful for tank players in multiplayer, but unlike the Putrid Scent, it isn't very useful in singleplayer. Why would you want to be targeted more when you're the only player? However it does provide a good amount of defense, which can be useful.

1610565282671.png
Adhesive Bandage
Provides immunity to Bleeding
Obtainment method: Drops from Angler Fish, Werewolves, and Rusty Armoured Bones
Bleeding is one of the weakest debuffs there is. It only effects natural health regeneration, and can be easily countered by placing a Campfire or a Heart Lantern or equipping the Band of Regeneration or the Charm of Myths.

1610565907938.png
Armor Polish
Provides immunity to Broken Armor
Obtainment method: Drops from Armored Skeletons and Blue Armored Bones
Broken Armour is a somewhat deadly debuff, but it's rare, even if it comes from common enemies. So keep this if you manage to get it, but don't equip it.

1610585383041.png
Blindfold
Provides immunity to Darkness
Obtainment method: Drops from Corrupt Slimes, Dark Mummies, Blood Mummies, and Slimelings
The only time you'll probably get inflicted by Darkness in when you get hit by a Black Slime, but in Hardmode you can easily kill one of those before you get hit. Even if you do, it's not a very bad debuff anyway.

1610585714232.png
Fast Clock
Provides immunity to Slow
Obtainment method: Drops from Mummies, Pixies, and Wraiths
Slow is an annoying debuff, but in Hardmode there's a low chance of you getting it. And if you do get it, it only lasts for 5-30 seconds.

1610603597203.png
Megaphone
Provides immunity to Silenced
Obtainment method: Drops from Green Jellyfish, Dark Mummies, Blood Mummies and Pixies
Silenced only effects mages, and it's a rare debuff. You'll most likely get this accessory before you get the debuff, like many Ankh Charm components.

1610652333000.png
Trifold Map
Provides immunity to Confused
Obtainment method: Drops from Giant Bats, Clowns, and Light Mummies
Although getting the Confused debuff from common enemies like the Giant Bat or the Light Mummy is rare, there's a high chance of getting it from Dreamer Ghouls and Brain Scramblers, which you may or may not encounter. If you do get the debuff, it is very annoying, even if it lasts no more than 28 seconds (from Dreamer Ghouls) or 10 seconds (from everything else).

1610652755102.png
Vitamins
Provides immunity to Weak
Obtainment method: Drops from Corruptors and Floaty Grosses
If get the Weak debuff, which is rare, you can just ignore it. It does decreases melee DPS, defense, and movement speed, but by such a tiny amount that it barely effects anything.

1610657256422.png
Yoyo Glove
Spawns a duplicate yoyo after hitting a enemy with a yoyo that circles the original yoyo
Obtainment method: Sold by the Skeleton Merchant in Hardmode
Very useful for increasing your damage output as a warrior. The duplicate yoyo is much more useful than the yoyo-like projectile spawned when a Counterweight is equipped, because it goes to the original yoyo and damages that enemy, and then stays where the original yoyo is, instead of arcing above the player's head. The downside is that the duplicate yoyo is much more likely to get stuck on blocks than the original one, because of the fact that it tries to circle the yoyo and only appears if you attack.

1610669450894.png
1610669459940.png
1610669469671.png
1610669478929.png
Fairy/Fin/Frozen/Harpy Wings
Obtainment method: Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and 100 Pixie Dust (Fairy Wings) at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil/Can be rewarded by the Angler after completing one of his quests (Fin Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and an Ice Feather at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Frozen Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and a Giant Harpy Feather at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Harpy Wings)
These provide mobility you can't find anywhere else (except for higher tier wings that are obtained later). Wings make fall damage a problem of the past, as well as providing excellent aerial mobility, in one accessory slot. These wings aren't very hard to get, except for the Fin Wings, which is as tedious to get as any other specific item from the Angler.

1610657925026.png
Discount Card
Decreases vendor NPC prices by 20%
Obtainment method: Drops from all Pirate Invasion enemies except for Parrots
Very useful for preserving money. It stacks multiplicatively with the effects of NPC Happiness, which allows you to reduce the price of buying and reforging by a significant amount. However, this item is extremely rare. You'll probably have to farm many Pirate Invasions before you get it.

1610658539934.png
Gold Ring
Greatly increases coin pickup range
The effect isn't very necessary, but it is useful nonetheless. It is more useful in Expert Mode and Master Mode, for picking up coins before enemies pick them up. Like the Discount Card, it is extremely rare.

1610658746010.png
Lucky Coin
Enemies will drop coins when damaged
It's a very good way of getting coins, especially if you use a weapon from the start of the game on enemies with high health and high defense. However, it is even rarer than the Gold Ring and the Discount Card.

1610659543950.png
Volatile Gelatine (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Periodically fires a bouncing projectile at an enemy nearby
Obtainment method: Found in Queen Slime's Treasure Bag
This is simply a worse version of the Spore Sac that can't go through blocks, only activates when an enemy is nearby, and is affected by gravity. It's useful for things like mining, exploring, and fishing, but the Spore Sac (or a minion) does those things better. The only advantages this has over the Spore Sac is knockback, faster projectile speed (but it struggles to hit enemies) and being available slightly earlier.

1611001710681.png
Neptune's Shell
Transforms the wearer into a merfolk when underwater, allowing them to breath indefinitely underwater and swim
Obtainment method: Drops from Creatures from the Deep
This accessory grants amazing mobility in water. It acts like a permanent Gills Potion and Flipper Potion at the same time, which is great for traversing water. However there isn't enough water for this to be useful for; the only time when you'd be exploring an underwater environment is at the start of the game when you explore the Ocean, which is far behind you at this point.

1611011309297.png
Moon Stone
Increases damage, critical strike chance, melee speed, health regeneration, defense, mining speed, and minion knockback during the night
Obtainment method: Drops from Vampires
It provides a very good increase in a bunch of stats, but only during the night. All of the stat boosts are useful, but because of the fact that they are only active during the night, you should save this for the Celestial Stone instead of wearing it.

1611012834450.png
1611012843643.png
1611012855051.png
1611012872776.png
Ogre Accessories
Increases sentry slots by 1 and increases minion damage by 10%
Obtainment method: Drops from Ogre
Useful during events, especially Old One's Army, in which sentries become pretty useful. It also boosts minion damage by 10%, which is very useful for summoners, but the other classes can still use minions, so in a way it's useful for all classes. Also, these accessories don't stack.

1611017533465.png
1611017599570.png
1611017608213.png
1611017617471.png
1611017626558.png
1611017635619.png
1611017646484.png
1611017657459.png
1611017675110.png
1611017684380.png
1611017694028.png
1611017722839.png
1611017739202.png
1611017747546.png
1611017756782.png
1611017766933.png
1611017777097.png
Jetpack/Developer Wings
Obtainment method: Sold by the Steampunker (Jetpack)/Rarely found in Treasure Bags (Developer Wings)
The Jetpack is good for ascending quickly, but has poor horizontal mobility compared to other wings. The developer wings are decent, but are outclassed by the next tier of wings which are available just a bit later, and are significantly much rarer than any other pairs of wings. So you should probably skip this tier of wings and go for the next tier.

1611029437933.png
1611029447552.png
1611029458851.png
1611029468029.png
Bat/Bee/Butterfly/Flame Wings
Obtainment method: Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and a Broken Bat Wing at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Bat Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and a Tattered Bee Wing (Bee Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and Butterfly Dust at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Butterfly Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and a Fire Feather at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Flame Wings)
Like all Hardmode wings, they offer amazing aerial mobility that can't be achieved with other accessories. These wings aren't very hard to get, because the ingredients are uncommon drops that drop from common enemies (except for the Butterfly Wings). These wings are better in every way than the developer Wings, but if you get a pair of those and have trouble getting a pair of these, you should be fine, because Plantera doesn't require as much aerial mobility as bosses like Duke Fishron, the Empress of Light, or the Lunatic Cultist, for example.

1611092637253.png
Spore Sac (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Spawns spores near blocks or on background walls that track down enemies through blocks and damage them
Obtainment method: Found in Plantera's Treasure Bag
This accessory is most useful underground, for events and for AFK farming as it eliminates enemies that you can't reach that are behind blocks. It is also somewhat useful for the events, because when doing those you stay on the ground a lot. However is is useless for boss battles (except for Golem because he's slow and you fight him in the Jungle Temple which has walls everywhere) because you'll be in the air dodging the boss instead of running around on the ground, and because the spores are very slow.

1611087551634.png
Tabi
Gives the ability to dash
Obtainment method: Drops from Bone Lees
You dash much farther with this than with the Shield of Cthulhu equipped, so this can replace that. Dashing is almost essential for avoiding bosses and enemies, and it can also be used for traversing the world. This accessory is also a component of the Master Ninja Gear, which is one of the best accessories in the game, mostly because of the effects of this.

1611088141444.png
Black Belt
Gives a 10% chance to dodge attacks
Obtainment method: Drops from Bone Lees
Not as useful as the Tabi, because of how low the dodge chance is when compared to the Brain of Confusion, but that is Expert Mode exclusive. Additionally, the Black Belt stacks with that accessory, providing a 1/4 chance to dodge attacks.

1611088625557.png
Paladin's Shield
Provides immunity to knockback, 25% of damage done to nearby players on your team will be redirected to you, and increases defense by 6
Obtainment method: Drops from Paladins
In singleplayer, it acts like an Ankh Shield that trades away the debuff immunities for extra defense, which isn't exactly worth it unless you're a warrior, but in multiplayer it allows tanks to take damage instead of weaker players. One of its tinkers, the Hero Shield, does that further.

1611089079927.png
Rifle Scope
Provides the ability to increase view range when holding a gun
Obtainment method: Drops from Skeleton Snipers
This is useful for hitting offscreen enemies and viewing offscreen locations, but it doesn't actually affect combat at all. Also, the Binoculars exist too, which don't take up an accessory slot, don't require a gun to be held to work, and are available much earlier.

1611093364087.png
Hercules Beetle
Increases summon damage by 15% and increases minion knockback
Obtainment method: Sold by the Witch Doctor after defeating Plantera
A very useful accessory that is almost identical to the Summoner Emblem, and stacks with it. It is very easy to get, as it's bought from an NPC. The extra knockback is very good with the Blade Staff, as it gives the Blades enough knockback to basically freeze enemies in place.

1611103019057.png
Necromantic Scroll
Increases number of minion slots by 1 and increases summon damage by 10%
Obtainment method: Drops from Mourning Wood
A good accessory for summoners. It increases summon damage by a reasonable amount and increases the number of minion slots, and all of its effects stack with those of the Papyrus Scarab. This accessory is one of the reasons that the Pumpkin Moon is so helpful for summoners.

1611103630054.png
1611103640204.png
1611103649308.png
1611103659636.png
1611103959069.png
Hoverboard/Bone/Mothron/Spectre/Beetle Wings
Obtainment method: Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and 18 Shroomite Bars at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Hoverboard)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and a Bone Feather at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Bone Wings)/Drops from Mothron (Mothron Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and 10 Spectre Bars at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Spectre Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and 8 Beetle Husks at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Beetle Wings)
These are all wings that can obtain quickly after defeating Plantera, but you should go for the next tier unless you get the ingredients very quickly. The Hoverboard is unique because it trades away some vertical speed for a sometimes-useful hover effect that provides great horizontal mobility.

1611113742978.png
1611113753573.png
1611113765683.png
1611113777966.png
Festive/Spooky/Tattered Fairy/Steampunk Wings
Obtainment method: Drops from Everscream (Festive Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and a Spooky Twig at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Spooky Wings)/Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and Black Fairy Dust at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil (Tattered Fairy Wings)/Sold by the Steampunker after defeating Golem
These wings aren't very easy to get right after Plantera. The wings of the tier below this one (except for maybe the Mothron Wings) are easy to obtain quickly after Plantera, where as obtaining these wings requires doing the Pumpkin Moon or Frost Moon, which generally requires post-Plantera gear, or defeating Golem in the case of Steampunk Wings, which has downsides, but can be defeated with Pre-Plantera equipment.

1611116369481.png
Shiny Stone (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Massively increases health regeneration when not moving and not attacking
Obtainment method: Found in Golem's Treasure Bag
It is very useful for regenerating health when traversing the world, because you can just stop for a bit to regenerate health after facing a tough enemy, but for boss fights and all events except for the Old One's Army, standing still is a bad idea, because you'll take damage, and taking damage gets rid of health regeneration. However, the attacks of the Volatile Gelatine, of the Spore Sac, of minions and of sentries don't count as attacking, so if you don't have to be completely helpless while regenerating health.

1611157023577.png
Eye of the Golem
Increases critical strike chance by 10%
Obtainment method: Drops from Golem
It's basically an Emblem for critical strike chance. Summoners don't benefit from this, because minions can only deal critical hits with the Morning Star or the Kaleidoscope, and the summon tag critical strike chance of those weapons can't be increased. The Lightning Aura sentries can also perform critical hits with Monk Armour or Shinobi Infiltrator Armour, but the critical hit chance is fixed at 16.7% or 25%, respectively. It's an ingredient for one of the best combat accessories, the Destroyer Emblem, because to max out DPS you need to have a balance of damage and critical hit chance and not focus on only one of those.

1611175125405.png
Sun Stone
Increases damage, critical strike chance, melee speed, health regeneration, defense, mining speed, and minion knockback during the day
Obtainment method: Drops from Golem
Even though the day is longer than the night, this is still a bit less useful than the Moon Stone because most boss fights and events happen during the night, and when you are not fighting a boss the effects make less of a difference, because they don't effect things you'd do when you're not fighting a boss, like mining, fishing, going places, etc.

1611175662629.png
Soaring Insignia (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Grants infinite wing and rocket boot flight, increases movement speed by 10%, increases jump height and flight ascend speed, and increases acceleration
Obtainment method: Found in Empress of Light's Treasure Bag
It is extremely useful for the upcoming Moon Lord fight, because you need lots of mobility for it. The downside is that this accessory's effects don't apply when using a mount, but the mounts you'd likely be using for the Moon Lord fight already have infinite flight. So if you use mounts this is a waste of time, but if you don't this increases aerial mobility by a significant amount and removes the need to glide or fall to the ground every so often, which is annoying and puts you in more danger of being hit. However it requires a pair of Wings to work, which means that it essentially uses two accessory slots compared to a mount which uses none.

1611201942833.png
Empress Wings
Obtainment method: Drops from Empress of Light
One of the best wings in the whole game, because it has the best vertical speed and acceleration out of all pre-Moon Lord wings and the second best flight height and time for pre-Moon Lord, beaten only by the Fishron Wings, but that becomes irrelevant in Expert Mode and Master Mode because the Soaring Insignia is obtained in the same way. I'd say that these wings are better than the Fishron Wings because the very high vertical speed is much better than an extra half second of flight (without the Soaring Insignia) and slightly faster movement in water. Also, these wings look extremely cool.

1611202757534.png
Betsy Wings
Allows flight, hovering, and slow fall and negates fall damage
Obtainment method: Drops from Betsy
The stats are pretty much identical to the Festive Wings, Spooky Wings, Tattered Fairy Wings and Steampunk Wings, which are all pretty good. The extra ability of these wings, which is a hover effect, allows you to go very fast horizontally. These wings may be inferior to the Empress and Fishron Wings in term of flight time and height, but the very useful hover effect makes this a useful sidegrade.

1611270589353.png
Fishron Wings (can be obtained pre-mech boss)
Obtainment method: Drops from Duke Fishron
These wings can be obtained before fighting the mechanical bosses, but most people fight Duke Fishron after defeating Plantera, so I put this here. It's one of the best wings before Moon Lord, basically on par with the Empress Wings, though the latter has very high vertical speed. These wings remove the movement penalty in water, but that effect can be obtained from the Neptune's Shell and its tinkers, and the effect doesn't change much, because you'll never spend much time in water.

1611607253402.png
Gravity Globe (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Allows the wearer to reverse gravity
Obtainment method: Found in Moon Lord's Treasure Bag
It might seem useful, but Gravitations Potions exist and are available from the start of the game, whereas this accessory drops from the final boss. Also, wings provide much better mobility, and the Soaring Insignia gives them infinite flight as well as increasing their already good mobility, and this accessory is far worse by comparison.

1611804573990.png
Celestial Starboard (Expert Mode and Master Mode only)
Obtainment method: Found in Moon Lord's Treasure Bag
This is the best "pair of wings" in the entire game, providing the highest unrivalled speed in one accessory, both horizontally and vertically (86 and 175 miles per hour, respectively), as well as the highest flight height of all wings, and a hover effect like the Hoverboard or Betsy's Wings. When combined with the Soaring Insignia and the Frog Leg, you can reach a vertical speed of 226 miles per hour, which allows you to fly from the bottom of a large world to the top in about 15 seconds. Also, this accessory increases mid-air agility, allowing the wearer to change directions easily when flying.

1611605271937.png
1611605283408.png
Nebula Mantle/Vortex Booster
Obtainment method: Crafted with 14 Nebula Fragments and 10 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator (Nebula Mantle)/Crafted with 14 Vortex Fragments and 10 Luminite Bars (Vortex Booster)
These are the final tier of hovering wings in Normal mode, but in Expert and Master Mode they are inferior to the Celestial Starboard, which as well as hovering has very fast ascent speed, like the Empress Wings, and doesn't use Luminite.

1611605906004.png
1611605917413.png
Solar/Stardust Wings
Obtainment method: Crafted with 14 Solar Fragments and 10 Luminite Bars at an Ancient Manipulator (Solar Wings)/Crafted with 14 Stardust Fragments and 10 Luminite Bars (Stardust Wings)
They both have the second-best flight height in the game, beaten only by the Celestial Starboard in Expert Mode and Master Mode, which is also better than these wings because these wings use Luminite Bars, whereas the Celestial Starboard drops alongside the Luminite Ore required to make the bars, so if you use the Starboard you save Luminite for the armour set, for example.

Combined Accessories

1609431247519.png
Spectre Boots
The wearer can run almost twice the usual speed, and allows flight
Recipe: Hermes Boots/Flurry Boots/Dunerider Boots/Sailfish Boots + Rocket Boots
What would you expect from a combination of two S rank accessories? The only downside of this accessory is if you used the Dunerider Boots, you lose the speed boost on sand.

Superiority: II

1609431782303.png
Lightning Boots
The wearer can run over twice the usual speed, and allows flight
Recipe: Spectre Boots + Aglet + Anklet of the Wind
The extra speed this accessory has over the Spectre Boots isn't very much, however it can make a bit of a difference, for example, in the Wall of Flesh fight. Also, this accessory makes two somewhat useless accessories more useful.

Superiority: I

1609432215419.png
Tiger Climbing Gear
Gives the ability to stick to walls and jump of vertical surfaces
Recipe: Climbing Claws + Shoe Spikes
By the time you get both components, defeat the Goblin Army, and find the Goblin Tinkerer underground, you'll probably already have a grappling hook and possibly fall damage immunity, so this accessory isn't very useful. If you don't have a grappling hook, you can just buy one from the Goblin Tinkerer to do the same things that this does, and it doesn't take up an accessory slot. However the wall sliding ability is useful for avoiding fall damage, but you could just get a Lucky Horseshoe which is simpler to get.

1610145320668.png
1610145328367.png
1610145337895.png
1610145344040.png
1610145354781.png
1610145363683.png
1610145372025.png
1610145380492.png
1610145398291.png
1610145408566.png
1610145418323.png
1610145432218.png
1610145448832.png
1610145455723.png
Coloured Strings
Increases the range of all yoyos and changes the colour
Recipe: White String + Dye
Like the White String, it's very useful for warriors. It's also nice for if you want to change the colour of your yoyo string or your fishing line. The problem with one of these is that you can't make it into the Yoyo Bag, but the White String is very easy to make again and these work from your vanity slot if you still want the colour after making the Yoyo Bag.

1609906942841.png
Fart in a Jar
Allows a double jump
Recipe: Cloud in a Bottle + Whoopie Cushion
If your world doesn't have a Sandstorm in a Bottle (which is likely), this is the best double jump bottle. The Whoopie Cushion is quite rare though, a 2% drop (4% in Expert Mode and Master Mode) from a rare enemy, but at least it can be obtained in any world, unlike the Sandstorm in a Bottle. It also makes a lovely annoying sound effect whenever you double jump. It's definitely a good upgrade from the Cloud in a Bottle, an increase of 5.5 blocks, and an increase of 9.5 blocks if you compare the balloons.

1609440402735.png
Mana Regeneration Band
Reduces the delay before mana regeneration by 50%, increases mana regeneration, and increases maximum mana by 20
Recipe: Band of Regeneration + Band of Starpower
It doesn't have that much regeneration, and increasing maximum mana isn't worth an accessory slot because Mana Crystals and mage armour gives you more than enough mana. Also it's somewhat outclassed by Mana Regeneration Potions which boost mana regeneration quite a bit more, don't take up accessory slots, and is quite easy to make, however they are temporary and is annoying to mass-produce.

1609441188953.png
Magic Cuffs
Increases maximum mana by 20 and mana is restored when you take damage
Recipe: Mana Regeneration Band + Shackle
This accessory is more like a sidegrade from the Mana Regeneration Band. The delay reduction and the mana regeneration boost is gone, and is replaced with an impractical way to regenerate mana: take damage. Putting yourself voluntarily in front of an enemy to get hit is stupid, especially since mages are glass cannons, however it does restore a lot of mana, and is useful later on in the game when you have more health, more defense, and getting hit is nearly inevitable, like during a Hardmode event.

1609442989846.png
Diving Gear
Grants the ability to swim in liquids and greatly extends breath time underwater
Recipe: Flipper + Diving Helmet
Greatly increases survivability underwater until you get the Neptune's Shell, however most bodies of water (with the exception of the Oceans) are shallow enough to fly out of by this point, though the Diving Helmet part is still useful.

Superiority: III

1609443347582.png
Jellyfish Diving Gear
Grants the ability to swim in liquids, greatly extends breath time underwater, and provides a very dim glow that becomes brighter underwater
Recipe: Diving Gear + Jellyfish Necklace
Has the same pros and cons as the Diving Gear, as well as the fact that the glow is outclassed because you'll probably have a lot of glowsticks at this point in the game and that the Jellyfish Necklace is a rare drop from an enemy you'll only encounter frequently if you hang around the Ocean or fish a lot.

1609443776508.png
Obsidian Water Walking Boots
Provides the ability to walk on the surface of water and honey and provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick and Meteorite
Recipe: Water Walking Boots + Obsidian Skull
A decent accessory for mining Hellstone and Meteorite, and somewhat helpful with crossing any lakes on the surface or underground. However at this point I'd recommend keeping it in a chest until you can craft the Lava Waders out of it, because there are better options, or at least until you defeat the EoW or the BoC.

1609450127339.png
Obsidian Horseshoe
Completely negates fall damage and provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick and Meteorite
Recipe: Lucky Horseshoe + Obsidian Skull
This accessory is a combination of two good accessories that might seem good when you first craft it, but it's actually an unintended trap (like the Hellfire Treads, yet less extreme) because it stops you from crafting the Obsidian Shield or the Obsidian Water Walking Boots (if you only have one Obsidian Skull), which are both better accessories and can be upgraded into even better accessories. It also stops you from crafting Horseshoe Balloons, which aren't exactly a huge upgrade, but more useful than this. However if you don't have a Shiny Red Balloon or a Cobalt Shield this is an alright accessory to make because Obsidian is renewable and they'll probably be enough Lucky Horseshoes in your world.

1609460060459.png
Lava Waders
Provides the ability to walk on the surface of all liquids, provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick, and Meteorite, decreases the damage taken from lava by a bit over 50%, and provides 7 seconds of lava immunity when in lava
Recipe: Obsidian Water Walking Boots + Lava Charm + Obsidian Rose
Barely useful outside of the Underworld, however once you go there to mine Hellstone and to prepare for the Wall of Flesh fight its usefulness skyrockets massively, but then goes down again right after. It is extremely useful for traversing the Underworld and makes a Hellbridge or Water Walking Potions unnecessary for the WoF battle. Also it can be made into the Terraspark Boots, a great accessory for running, flying, and fighting the Wall. The main problem is that this accessory requires two quite rare accessories, the Lava Charm and the Obsidian Rose, and that the Water Walking Potion and the Obsidian Skin Potion can be used instead.

1609525879593.png
Frostspark Boots
The wearer can run over twice the usual speed, allows flight, provides extra mobility on ice, and thin ice will not break when you fall on it
Recipe: Lightning Boots + Ice Skates
The ice skates part is almost useless, but the rest of the accessory is great. It allows you to run very fast (compared to your max speed when you start) easily and allows you to fly in any direction for a good amount of time for Pre-Hardmode, even if it isn't very fast compared to a pair of wings.

1609538172417.png
Terraspark Boots
The wearer can run over twice the usual speed, allows flight, provides extra mobility on ice, thin ice will not break when you fall on it, provides the ability to walk on the surface of all liquids, provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick, and Meteorite, decreases the damage taken from lava by a bit over 50%, and provides 7 seconds of lava immunity when in lava
Recipe: Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders
Most of the usefulness of this accessory comes from the running speed and the flight. The Ice Skates and Obsidian Rose parts are basically useless, the immunity to fire blocks is a nice feature but not useful in most situations, and the liquid walking and the lava immunity is good for the Underworld and lower Cavern layer, but not very useful anywhere else. Also, the Lava Waders is probably the most tedious thing to craft in the entire game, and all of its effects are outclassed by the Obsidian Skin Potion and the Water Walking Potion.

1609793162747.png
Arctic Diving Gear
Grants the ability to swim in liquids, greatly extends breath time underwater, provides a very dim glow that becomes brighter underwater, provides extra mobility on ice, and thin ice will not break when you fall on it.
Recipe: Jellyfish Diving Gear
All of the ingredients for this are rare accessories that are only nice for a tiny amount of time if you get lucky enough to obtain them very early, but then the effects become completely useless. This accessory will definitely be obtained after its ingredients are useful, which makes it useless. If you don't believe me, just analyze this accessory yourself.

1609540613757.png
Fairy Boots
The wearer can run almost twice the usual speed, allows flight, and flowers grow on grass you walk on
Recipe: Spectre Boots + Flower Boots
I'm not sure why this was added. The Spectre Boots has a much better tinker, the Lightning Boots, and the Flower Boots are basically useless anyway, so there's no point for this to exist.

1609541068404.png
1609541084609.png
1609541120562.png
1609541162765.png
1609541195601.png
Double Jump Balloons
Allows a double jump and increases jump height
Recipe: Tsunami in a Bottle + Balloon Pufferfish (Sharkron Balloon) / Shiny Red Balloon + Cloud in a Bottle/Blizzard in a Bottle/Sandstorm in a Bottle/Fart in a Jar (all other balloons)
The double jump is extremely useful for aerial mobility until you get a pair of wings, and the increased jump height can make a pretty big diference. Also any one of these can be easily combined with a Lucky Horseshoe, which you would probably have by the time you make this.

1609903983468.png
Bundle of Balloons
Allows 3 double jumps and increases jump height
Recipe: Cloud in a Balloon + Blizzard in a Balloon + Sandstorm in a Balloon
This is an amazing accessory for pre-Hardmode that allows you to jump 61 blocks on its own, which is a lot more than the Fledgeling Wings, a bit more than the first tier of Hardmode wings, and only a bit less than the second tier of Hardmode wings. It also stacks with the other double jump accessories and gets increased height for all of the jumps from the Frog Leg. However, it doesn't provide fall damage immunity like a Horseshoe Balloon or a pair of wings, and the Sandstorm in a Bottle, one of the base ingredients, is not guaranteed in your world, and obtaining all the ingredients can be time consuming because it need 3 different double jump bottle from different places and 3 Shiny Red Balloons.

1609883204472.png
1609883220159.png
1609883231612.png
1609883248243.png
1609883263301.png
Horseshoe Balloons (except Amber Horseshoe Balloon)
Allows a double jump, increases jump height, and completely negates fall damage
Recipe: Lucky Horseshoe + Cloud in a Balloon/Blizzard in a Balloon/Sandstorm in a Balloon/Fart in a Balloon/Sharkron Balloon
These are good accessories that aren't very hard to craft and are extremely useful in Pre-Hardmode. The weakest and easiest to get one of these allows you to jump 20 blocks, which isn't bad for an accessory that you only need a Gravitation Potion and a bit of underground exploring to get. The fall damage immunity is basically mandatory for survival for most of the game. However the Fledgeling Wings can be gotten earlier and has almost the same effects as one of these, apart from lower flight height and faster ascent speed.

1609554372397.png
Amphibian Boots
Increases jump speed, allows auto-jump, increases fall resistance and the wearer can run almost twice the usual speed
Recipe: Frog Leg + Sailfish Boots
Unfortunately this doesn't have the extra speed and the flight you'd get if you craft the Spectre Boots and then the Lightning Boots, but the effects of the Frog Leg make up for that. The bit of extra fall resistance and the auto-jump isn't very useful, however the increased jump speed and height is somewhat useful, and the increased ascent speed for wings is quite useful for aerial mobility with the Fledgeling Wings and in Hardmode. It has such good longevity that the only time you'd want to replace it is after Golem.

1609555144424.png
Frog Flipper
Increases jump speed, allows auto-jump, increases fall resistance, and grants the ability to swim in liquids
Recipe: Frog Leg + Flipper
The effects of the Flipper are basically useless by now, though the Frog Leg part is decent. By now the Ocean should be fully explored, and underground pools of water should be shallow enough to get out of with double jump accessories or flight accessories, or at least small enough to climb out of before your breath meter runs out. Also that Frog Leg should be made into the Amphibian Boots, a much better option.

1609566009937.png
Frog Webbing
Increases jump speed, allows auto-jump, increases fall resistance, gives the ability to stick to walls and jump off vertical surfaces
Recipe: Frog Leg + Tiger Climbing Gear
As decent as the Frog Leg is, the Tiger Climbing Gear is still very useless at this point. You'll definitely already have a grappling hook at this point, which doesn't take up an accessory slot and makes the wall-sticking ability of this accessory useless, and the wall sliding ability is only useful for avoiding fall damage, and there are earlier accessories that do that much better.

1609616790775.png
Frog Gear
Increases jump speed, allows auto-jump, increases fall resistance, grants the ability to swim in liquids, gives the ability to stick to walls and jump off vertical surfaces
Recipe: Frog Flipper + Tiger Climbing Gear or Frog Webbing + Flipper
Seriously, what's the point of this?! As I explained before, the Flipper and the Tiger Climbing Gear are both useless by the time you get the Goblin Tinkerer, and the Frog Leg would serve a much better purpose as an ingredient of the Amphibian Boots.

1609618543364.png
Celestial Cuffs
Increases maximum mana by 20, mana is restored when you take damage, and greatly increases mana star pickup range
Recipe: Magic Cuffs + Celestial Magnet
This definitely an upgrade of the Magic Cuffs, which can be useful during some situations, yet mainly later on in the game. The Celestial Magnet is also around the same tier because it's useful for a bunch of situations but only if you're a mage. You should probably buy two Celestial Magnets when the Traveling Merchant is selling it, for this accessory and then for the Celestial Emblem which should replace this for most purposes, because it is uncommon for him to sell it more than once because he has a chance to sell a large variety of other things.

1609625919066.png
Mana Flower
Automatically makes you drink mana potions when your mana runs out and 8% decreased mana usage
Recipe: Nature's Gift + Mana Potion
This is only useful for people who haven't mastered the mage class. If you mistime the quick mana key by more than a few seconds, you'll lose quite a bit of your DPS, and this can help with those who can't time it properly. However if you can drink your mana potions at around the same time as the Mana Flower does, it won't increase your DPS by enough to be worth a whole accessory slot.

1610144326043.png
Magnet Flower
Automatically makes you drink mana potions when your mana runs out, 8% decreased mana usage, and greatly increases mana star pickup range
Recipe: Celestial Magnet + Mana Flower
It's a great accessory for the same reasons as its components, but it might be a better idea to save the Celestial Magnet for the Celestial Cuffs or the Celestial Emblem, or buy more than one if you can.

1609626628656.png
Magma Skull
All melee weapons inflict a unique DOT debuff and provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick and Meteorite
Recipe: Magma Stone + Obsidian Skull
This isn't very useful, because the Magma Stone only benefits one class, and the Obsidian Skull is only really useful for mining Meteorites, which is only only useful for mages and rangers. If you end up with the ingredients for this, save them for the Fire Gauntlet or the Molten Quiver, and the Obsidian Shield, respectively.

1609733870599.png
Obsidian Skull Rose
Decreases the damage taken from lava by a bit over 50% and provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick and Meteorite
Recipe: Obsidian Skull + Obsidian Rose
Seriously, sometimes I wonder why some pointless things were added to the game. This accessory is one of them. This is a combination of an accessory with a very small niche which it is somewhat good at, and an accessory that seems good, but is actually horrible and unnecessarily rare. So why would anybody craft this?

1609733812049.png
Molten Skull Rose
All melee weapons inflict a unique DOT debuff, provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick and Meteorite, and decreases the damage taken from lava by a bit over 50%
Recipe: Magma Skull + Obsidian Rose or Obsidian Skull + Obsidian Skull Rose
This accessory requires two accessories you'll most likely only get one of, and there are better uses for them. The Magma Skull effect is useful, but only for warriors. The other effects are either completely useless or not useful for most things. So don't waste your time trying to get this.

1609291053951.png
Architect Gizmo Pack
Increases placement range and tool range by 2 vertically and 3 horizontally, automatically applies paint to placed objects, and increases wall and block placement speed by 50%
Recipe: Paint Sprayer + Extendo Grip + Portable Cement Mixer + Brick Layer (all bought from the Traveling Merchant)
This is the best accessory for building. It increases placement range by more than the Toolbox, and increases placement speed by a reasonable amount. However the Paint Sprayer part of it isn't as useful, however it can still be useful if you're into paints. Also, the good thing about this accessory is that it can be placed in a vanity slot when not building and easily equipped when building. What I think would be good is if the Architect Gizmo Pack could be combined with the Toolbelt, Toolbox and the Ancient Chisel to create another accessory, an ultimate builder's accessory.

1609301437127.png
Angler Tackle Bag
Prevents fishing line from breaking, increases fishing power by 10%, and decreases chance of bait consumption
Recipe: High Test Fishing Line + Angler Earring + Tackle Box (all obtained from the Angler)
This generally makes you catch more fish and crates with the same amount of bait, as it decreases the chance of bait consumption, increases fishing power (which indirectly also decreases chance of bait consumption) and allows you to catch fish you'd otherwise have missed because your line randomly broke, so it's quite useful for fishing, and it can be placed in vanity slots. However fishing isn't a very important part of the game, though in harder difficulties it's more important (you need certain fish for potions).
1609807158869.png
Lavaproof Tackle Bag
Prevents fishing line from breaking, increases fishing power by 10%, decreases chance of bait consumption, and allows fishing in lava with any bait and fishing pole
Recipe: Angler Tackle Bag + Lavaproof Fishing Hook
It's very useful for fishing, as you can fish anywhere and catch more fish. Since you're not going to be fishing all the time, you should put it in a vanity slot, which it can go in.

1610143774529.png
Hellfire Treads
Provides the ability to walk on the surface of all liquids, provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick, and Meteorite, decreases the damage taken from lava by a bit over 50%, provides 7 seconds of lava immunity when in lava, and cause harmless flames to appear behind you as you walk
Recipe: Lava Waders + Flame Waker Boots
Never craft this. Like the Fairy Boots, it's a distraction from crafting Terraspark Boots, except way worse because you'll have to get another pair of Water Walking Boots, another Lava Charm, and another Obsidian Rose, which is extremely painful. So don't even think about crafting it if you manage to get a pair of Lava Waders.

1609814652491.png
Honey Balloon
Releases bees and gives the Honey buff when struck, and increases jump height
Recipe: Shiny Red Balloon + Honey Comb
Unlike the other Shiny Red Balloon tinkers, it doesn't give a double jump, and the bees it spawns instead aren't worth the lose of that effect, because spawning the bees require you to get hit, which could put you at a disadvantage, especially in Expert or Master Mode, and the bees aren't powerful enough to help you deal with the threat. The honey effect is nice, but it also requires you to get hit, and it's only for 5 seconds, whereas you could instead craft a bucket, pick up some honey, bring it with you, and be able to apply that buff for 30 seconds whenever you want.

1610143251240.png
Amber Horseshoe Balloon
Releases bees and gives the Honey buff when struck, increases jump height, and completely negates fall damage
Recipe: Honey Balloon + Lucky Horseshoe
It isn't very good for the same reasons as the Honey Balloon. The other Horseshoe Balloons are all available much earlier and provide a double jump, which is better than the Honey Comb effect and you'll probably only get one Shiny Red Balloon without fishing, so this just isn't worth it.

1609820626496.png
Stinger Necklace
Releases bees and gives the Honey buff when struck, and increases armour penetration by 5
Recipe: Shark Tooth Necklace + Honey Comb
Very helpful for all classes. Rangers benefit the most because of their high attack speed and low base damage, followed by mages and summoners, who are also capable of achieving high attack speed if the right weapons and accessories are used, but not as high as rangers. Warriors don't benefit as much from this accessory on its own, but the Sharpening Station stacks with this, allowing for more DPS. The Honey Comb effect isn't very useful, as you should know by now if you've read the Honey Comb and Honey Balloon explanations, so this isn't really an improvement of the Shark Tooth Necklace.

1609821617590.png
Sweetheart Necklace
Releases bees, gives the Honey buff, and increases movement speed temporally when struck
Recipe: Honey Comb + Panic Necklace
The Honey Comb effect isn't very useful, as I've mentioned before, and the Panic Necklace effect doesn't have a chance to be useful at the moment. Since you are probably using a form of Hermes Boots at all times at this point, the Panic Necklace effect has no effect on you, because it doesn't affect your running speed with running boots, just without. If it did, that would make it useful, but unfortunately it doesn't. Although it is possible to reach higher running speed than a form of Hermes Boots without one, it is annoying to have to repeatedly consume buffs and get hit on purpose when you could just equip one accessory and forget about it.
1609822431651.png
Obsidian Shield
Provides immunity to burning from Hellstone, Hellstone Brick and Meteorite and gives immunity to knockback
Recipe: Cobalt Shield + Obsidian Skull
Knockback immunity is almost essential for Hardmode, and is still somewhat useful for the portion of Pre-Hardmode you'd use this for. The Obsidian Skull effect is only useful in the small niche it has, but you'll probably make use of that effect soon because the next place in progression to go after the Dungeon is the Underworld, which has Hellstone and Hellstone Brick that you could die because of without this, if you use the Water Walking Potion method for fighting the WoF.
1610668720725.png
Power Glove
Doubles melee knockback, increases melee weapon size by 10%, 12% increased melee speed, and enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips
Recipe: Titan Glove + Feral Claws
Very useful for both warriors and summoners, and can be upgraded into the Mechanical Glove (if you're playing melee) or the Berserker's Glove (if you're playing either class). It's not very hard to craft since Mimics aren't as rare as Nymphs, for example, and Ivy Chests are common in the Underground Jungle.

1610687784306.png
Charm of Myths
Increase life regeneration and reduces the cooldown of healing potions by 25%
Recipe: Band of Regeneration + Philosopher's Stone
Both effects are very useful for regaining lost life, for example when you're exploring a dangerous biome or get hit during a boss fight. However Regeneration Potions exist and so do Restoration Potions, but those only heal 90 health and you can't get better ones.

1610746859655.png
Star Veil
Damaging stars fall when you take damage from enemies and doubles length of invincibility after taking damage
Recipe: Cross Necklace + Star Cloak
A very good option for warriors who want to tank lots of hits, and the stars are useful for dealing more damage no matter the class (but melee can make more use of them). However it can take a while to get both ingredients, but it shouldn't be too hard. Also, this spawns stars half as fast as the Star Cloak, Bee Cloak or Mana Cloak, because it doubles invincibility frames as well, which results in less damage taken and less stars spawned.

1610745515002.png
Bee Cloak
Damaging stars fall when you take damage from enemies and releases bees and gives the Honey buff when struck
Recipe: Star Cloak + Honey Comb
The Star Cloak is a good way of dealing extra damage to enemies and bosses (particularly the Destroyer), but only with proper defensive equipment and buffs. The Honey effect can help with that, but not much, and the bees could actually interrupt the stars' damage. Also the Star Veil is a much better use for the Star Cloak which you may have trouble obtaining a second time.

1610747236139.png
Mana Cloak
Damaging stars fall when you take damage from enemies that regenerate your mana, automatically makes you drink mana potions when your mana runs out, and decreases mana usage by 8%
Recipe: Star Cloak + Mana Flower
Like the Magic Cuffs, it provides a somewhat useful way of dealing lots of damage in tough situations in which it's impossible to not take a hit, but exchanges instant mana (which is a lot more useful) with a bit extra damage to enemies around you. It also comes with a Mana Flower effect which can help you, but only if you have to concentrate on what you're doing and you can't press your quick mana button without breaking concentration.

1610853978703.png
Molten Quiver
Increases arrow damage and knockback by 10%, increases arrow velocity by 100%, provides a 20% chance to not consume arrows, and transforms Wooden Arrows into Flaming Arrows
Recipe: Magic Quiver + Magma Stone
It provides the same useful arrow bonuses as the Magic Quiver, so theres no harm in making it. The "lighting Wooden Arrows ablaze" effect is useful when used with the Endless Quiver, but Flaming Arrows aren't very powerful in Hardmode.

1610854745994.png
Stalker's Quiver
Increases arrow damage and knockback by 10%, increases arrow velocity by 100%, provides a 20% chance to not consume arrows, and reduces chance for enemies to target you
Recipe: Magic Quiver + Putrid Scent
The Magic Quiver boosts are great, as I mentioned above, and the Putrid Scent is very useful in multiplayer, though it is still somewhat useful in singleplayer. Unfortunately the 5% increased damage and critical strike chance of the Putrid Scent isn't included in this, however it's still a good accessory.

1610855156250.png
Arcane Flower
Automatically makes you drink mana potions when your mana runs out, 8% decreased mana usage, and reduces chance for enemies to target you
Recipe: Mana Flower + Putrid Scent
Like I said about the Mana Flower and its other tinkers, its usefulness varies depending on your ability to concentrate and easily press the quick mana button. Like the other Putrid Scent tinkers, it lacks the 5% increase in damage and critical strike chance, but still has the aggro reduction effect, which is useful for mages, mainly in multiplayer when playing with tankier players.

1610855581154.png
Berserker's Glove
Increases defense by 8, increases chance for enemies to target you, doubles melee knockback, increases melee weapon size by 10%, 12% increased melee speed, and enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips
Recipe: Flesh Knuckles + Power Glove
A very useful accessory for both warriors and summoners, though warriors may want to save the Power Glove for the Mechanical Glove or craft another Power Glove, because the 12% increase in melee damage and melee speed is better than 8 extra defense, in my opinion. The increased aggro is more useful for melee, however in singleplayer summoners can still use this without any negative effects.

1610861051449.png
Ankh Charm
Provides immunity to Weak, Broken Armor, Bleeding, Poisoned, Slow, Confused, Silenced, Cursed, and Darkness
Recipe: Armor Bracing (Armor Polish + Vitamins) + Medicated Bandage (Bezoar + Adhesive Bandage) + The Plan (Trifold Map + Fast Clock) + Countercurse Mantra (Megaphone + Nazar) + Blindfold
Although it does provide immunity to a lot of debuffs, the debuffs it protects from are all rare debuffs that either don't have much effect by now (Weak, Bleeding, Poisoned, and Darkness) or are too short and too rare to have much effect (Confused, Cursed, and Silenced). And this doesn't protect against important debuffs like On Fire!, Cursed Inferno, Distorted, Moon Bite, etc. Also it takes a long times to gather all the ingredients, as there are nine of them and they all have very low drop chances.

1610938508954.png
Ankh Shield
Provides immunity to Weak, Broken Armor, Bleeding, Poisoned, Slow, Confused, Silenced, Cursed, Darkness and Burning, and gives immunity to knockback
Recipe: Ankh Charm + Obsidian Shield
This is only a B because of the knockback resistance. You'll probably never get any more than 3 of the debuffs this protects from, and some of them barely do anything by this point, like Weak or Poisoned. Don't get me wrong though, the debuff immunities are a nice upgrade from the Obsidian Shield, even if it is a small upgrade. The knockback effect is crucial for not getting juggled around by enemies, and for not being knocked into things you don't want to touch, like lava or spikes. It also helps you preserve momentum during a boss fight and not get knocked toward the boss, by its projectiles or by a random enemy that decided to spawn during the boss battle. In general nobody should go out of their way to farm for the Ankh Charm components to upgrade the Obsidian Shield to this.

1610939093595.png
Yoyo Bag
Increases the range of all yoyos, and spawns a duplicate yoyo and two small damaging yoyo-like projectiles after hitting a enemy with a yoyo
Recipe: White String + Yoyo Glove + Any Counterweight
It greatly increases the DPS of any yoyo, as well as range. The small projectiles from the Counterweight aren't very useful, but since there are two of them instead of one, this is definitely an upgrade in that regard.

1610999306107.png
Greedy Ring
Greatly increases coin pickup range, enemies will drop coins when damaged, and decreases vendor NPC prices by 20%
Recipe: Coin Ring (Gold Ring + Lucky Coin) + Discount Card
It's extremely useful for gathering more coins and for preserving your coins. The increased coin pickup range is mainly useful during events in Normal or Journey Mode which you don't want to charge into a crowd of enemies to pick up coins, however in Expert and Master Mode it becomes very useful for almost all situations, because enemies can pick up coins in these modes. The Lucky Coin effect is extremely useful for gathering massive amounts of coins when used with weak weapons (only has to be weak at this stage). However all three of the components are extraordinarily rare, so I don't think it's worth it.
1611013350689.png
Avenger Emblem
Increases damage by 12%
Recipe: Any Class Emblem + 5 Souls of Might + 5 Souls of Fright + 5 Souls of Sight
Although it boosts damage by a bit less than a class-specific Emblem, it boosts all forms of damage, which is great for hybrid players, or even just players who use a minion or two alongside their weapons. Also the game basically throws the components at you, because you'll probably get some kind of Emblem from the Wall of Flesh, and even if it's for the wrong class, you can upgrade it later to a non-class-specific Emblem (this one), with materials you get from defeating bosses mandatory for progression.

1611030080100.png
Celestial Emblem
Increases magic damage by 15% and greatly increases mana star pickup range
Recipe: Avenger Emblem + Celestial Magnet
It's one of the best mage accessories in the game, because of the significant damage boost and the useful mana star pickup range which allows you to pickup mana stars while avoiding enemies and bosses and staying out of danger. Also unless you're really bad at timing Mana Potions this is the only mana-related accessory you need as a mage.

1611030608465.png
Mechanical Glove
Increases melee speed and melee damage by 12%, enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips, doubles melee knockback and increases melee weapon size by 10%
Recipe: Avenger Emblem + Power Glove
The autoswing effect is very useful for both warriors and summoners, and the increased melee damage and speed is very useful for increasing melee DPS by a decent amount. However the 10% increased melee weapon size barely has any effect on any good melee weapon, as at this point non-projectile broadswords (which are the weapons that mainly benefit from this) are the worst kind of weapon there is. Also, the doubled knockback isn't useful because if your weapon has a significant amount of knockback already, you will knock enemies too far and not be able to hit them again as quickly.

1611071810447.png
Moon Shell
Transforms the wearer into a merfolk when underwater, allowing them to breath indefinitely underwater and swim, and transforms the wearer into a werewolf at night, which boosts an array of stats
Recipe: Moon Charm + Neptune's Shell
The Moon Charm effect is worse than the Moon Stone, because of the melee-only boosts the former provides that are lower than the classless boosts of the latter, but the Moon Charm also increases mobility. The Neptune's Shell effect isn't very useful because in Hardmode there isn't really any reason to go in water, and even if you do pools of water are small.

1611084293970.png
Fire Gauntlet
Increases melee speed and melee damage by 12%, enables autoswing for all melee weapons and whips, doubles melee knockback, increases melee weapon size by 10%, and makes all melee weapons inflict a unique DOT debuff
Recipe: Mechanical Glove + Magma Stone
A very useful accessory for warriors. It provides a significant damage and speed boost, as well as making melee weapons inflict a somewhat powerful debuff on enemies. The autoswing is very useful too, as many melee weapons lack autoswing and become better with it. Definitely go for this if you're playing melee.
1611375628945.png
Master Ninja Gear
Gives the ability to dash, to stick to walls, and jump off vertical surfaces, and gives a 10% chance to dodge attacks
Recipe: Tabi + Black Belt + Tiger Climbing Gear
The dash is extremely useful for evading anything and for getting places quickly, and the dodge chance is very useful for surviving a boss fight, especially the Empress of Light during the day, and it stacks with the Brain of Confusion for a quite high dodge chance. However, the wall sticking ability is completely useless because grappling hooks exist and the wall sliding is only useful for avoiding fall damage, and you'll definitely be using wings by now, which remove fall damage entirely.

1611376308400.png
Frozen Shield
Reduces damage taken by 25% when below 50% health, provides immunity to knockback, 25% of damage done to nearby players on your team will be redirected to you, and increases defense by 6
Recipe: Paladin's Shield + Frozen Turtle Shell
It is a very useful knockback immunity effect, and provides good damage reduction when below 50% health and makes your teammates take less damage when near you. Apart from the knockback immunity, it is only useful for melee, because mages and summoners are weak defensively, and even though rangers have high defense compared to mages and summoners, they still lack high defensive stats compared to melee. In singleplayer, this is a much better use for a Paladin's Shield, because the Hero Shield only has three more points of defense and an effect that does almost nothing if there's only one player.

1611435792320.png
Hero Shield
Provides immunity to knockback, 25% of damage done to nearby players on your team will be redirected to you, increases chance for enemies to target you, and increases defense by 10
Recipe: Paladin's Shield + Flesh Knuckles
The ultimate accessory for tanks in multiplayer. In singleplayer, it increases defense by a reasonable amount (but only warriors can make much use out of that) and provides a very helpful knockback immunity, but is somewhat inferior to the Frozen Shield. In multiplayer though, it applies those effects as well as making you take some of your team members' damage and making enemies focus on you instead of players that are weaker defensively, which sounds bad, but it makes your teammates survive longer, and since you're a tank you can take damage instead of them.

1611465617188.png
Papyrus Scarab
Increases summon damage by 15%, increases minion knockback, and increases number of minion slots by 1
Recipe: Hercules Beetle + Necromantic Scroll
An almost mandatory accessory for being an effective summoner. Not only does it increases summon damage by a decent amount, all of its effects stack with its components, so if you're willing to give up accessory slots that could be used for mobility, for example, for higher damage output as a summoner, you can equip this and its two components for a significant boost to summon damage and two extra minions, which makes a large difference. The ingredients of this aren't that hard to get, because the Hercules Beetle is bought from the Witch Doctor and the Necromantic Scroll drops from a common and not very difficult boss in the Pumpkin Moon.

1611466440662.png
Destroyer Emblem
Increases damage by 10% and increases critical strike chance by 8%
Recipe: Avenger Emblem + Eye of the Golem
It provides the perfect balance of damage and critical strike chance, which is very useful for all classes except summoner, because they don't benefit from critical strike chance increases, so a Hercules Beetle or Summoner Emblem would be much better.

1611516243584.png
Sniper Scope
Increases ranged damage and critical strike chance by 10% and provides the ability to increase view range when holding a gun
Recipe: Rifle Scope + Destroyer Emblem
Like the Destroyer Emblem, this accessory provides the right balance of increased damage and increased critical strike chance for high damage output. The Rifle Scope effect isn't as useful, but at least you're not wasting an accessory slot because of the Destroyer Emblem effect of this accessory.

1611517215174.png
Recon Scope
Increases ranged damage and critical strike chance by 10%, provides the ability to increase view range when holding a gun, and reduces chance for enemies to target you
Recipe: Sniper Scope + Putrid Scent
In singleplayer, this accessory provides a good increase in both damage and critical strike chance, which makes it better than a pure damage or critical strike chance boost, and makes enemies ignore you when not using an item. In multiplayer, it provides the increased ranged damage and critical strike chance as well as making enemies attack other players, which is useful when playing with tanky warriors, but not so much when playing only with mages and summoners. However if you can get a boss to target another player, you can make use of Shroomite Armour's stealth to increase your DPS significantly.

1611518394052.png
Celestial Stone
Increases damage, critical strike chance, melee speed, health regeneration, defense, mining speed, and minion knockback
Recipe: Moon Stone + Sun Stone
All of the boosts it provides is the equivalent of slightly worse Avenger Emblem, a slightly worse Feral Claws (excluding the autoswing), a Band of Regeneration, a Warding modifier, and the mining speed part of Exquisitely Stuffed, all in one accessory, which is pretty decent if you look at it that way. It's not hard to get either, because Vampires are common and not very hard to kill, and Golem is easy to farm.

1611519240200.png
Celestial Shell
Increases damage, critical strike chance, melee speed, health regeneration, defense, mining speed, and minion knockback, transforms the wearer into a merfolk when underwater, allowing them to breath indefinitely underwater and swim, and transforms the wearer into a werewolf at night, which boosts an array of stats
Recipe: Celestial Stone + Moon Shell
At all times, this provides an array of useful stat boosts that affect all classes, during the night it also increases some melee stats as well as movement speed, jump height, and health regeneration, and when in water, gives you much better underwater mobility and be underwater indefinitely without drowning, so it's a pretty good accessory, and the ingredients aren't very rare, because most of them drop from enemies you'll encounter a lot of, and the Sun Stone drops from an easy boss.

Special thanks to @whoneedsnamestbh, @qwerty3.14, @Derpling Ω, @DarkPitEX, @Baconfry, @J Bame, and @MagicasquirrelTMT for providing helpful feedback!

Last edited:
Very good list. I know it’s still a WIP, but from what’s here already, there’s not a lot I can disagree with.

There are a few things I will suggest:

-Shackle. Yeah, 1 defense is useless. But so is 5% movement speed on the aglet, and that’s B tier and not any more difficult to obtain.
The main profit of Aglet and Shackle is that they are available right away, so they are free reforges and you can use them to fill accessory slots. Free extra stats early on if you’re lucky enough to get a good prefix. I’d say B -maybe C rank for both.
As for Aglet of the Wind, 10% movement speed isn’t enough more than Aglet for it to be of any use, and it comes too late for you to get free prefixes. And it crafts into Terraspark, but that wasn’t a consideration for Nature’s Gift, so I’d put it in D or even F tier ngl.

-Obsidian Rose. Should be D or F rank. Yeah it crafts into Terraspark, but that wasn’t considered with accessories like Nature’s Gift, and its benefits on its own are useless. Reducing damage from lava? Why the hell would anyone in the right mind use an accessory to make lava do somewhat less damage when you have a full loadout already and have more readily obtainable options to negate lava altogether?

-Yoyo Bag is actually Hardmode, the Yoyo Glove is a Hardmode sale.

-Inner Tube’s synergy with Jousting Lance is just a fun thing and is basically impossible to use for realistic combat. It does let you escape water quickly if you’re drowning, so I’d put it in C or D, but B is too generous.

Aside from these nitpicks, the list so far looks great. I’ll be watching it to see where it goes and help provide feedback, but it looks good so far.

Last edited:
If I’m wrong about this, then call me out. I think the band of regeneration is worthy of A tier.

Health regeneration is an overlooked perk for newer players. Considering you can only reach a max 400 hp pre-hardmode while enemies can go near that, of course health regeneration is a necessity. The ability to increase that regeneration would prove very beneficial for the player’s survival. Furthermore, on expert and master mode your natural health regeneration is decreased making your survival way more difficult. On for the worthy, you have no natural health regeneration whatsoever. While you could place down a campfire, you may get caught in a heat of the moment by several enemies and not even have an opportunity to lay down a campfire. But with a health regeneration band, your odds of survival are greatly increased. And with the recent buff of the band of regeneration, I think it deserves an A tier.

Also, what would Pygmy necklace be ranked at?

1609441188953.png
Magic Cuffs
Increases maximum mana by 20 and mana is restored when you take damage
Recipe: Mana Regeneration Band + Shackle
This accessory is actually a downgrade from the Mana Regeneration Band. The delay reduction and the mana regeneration boost is gone, and is replaced with a stupid way to regenerate mana: take damage. Putting yourself voluntarily in front of an enemy to get hit is stupid, especially since mages are glass cannons.

As a mage main, I disagree with this.

First of all, you don’t intentionally take damage to use it, but it has good payoff when you do get hit. The amount of mana you get back relative to the damage you take is pretty substantial, and it makes it much easier to sustain mana in invasions or hard bossfights where some damage is inevitable. It also has a wonderful synergy with a Spectre Hood, although that part doesn’t matter on a prehardmode list.

It’s also worth noting that, although Mana Regen Band is good, it’s partially outclassed by the existence of Mana Regen potions which do the same thing except has a greater effect, don’t waste a buff slot, and aren’t even that hard to make.

I wouldn’t put it in A since it *does* require that you get hit, but I’d put both it and the mana regen band at B. It’s always a consideration for mage builds even if I don’t use it every time, and having "a niche that it excels at" is a pretty good description.

I'd suggest some changes (I've been slowly working on this comment as you updated your list, I was going to save it until you were done, but other people already started commenting.)

All the double jump bottles should be A tier and talk about them in the same paragraph similar to how Baconfry combined all the ore repeaters in their weapon tier list, they all are rng dependent to get and you could easily end up getting tsunami in a bottle first which happened to me on quite a few runs. The reason for A instead of S is because job isn't irreplaceable since there are so many other vertical movement accesories or you can use grappling hooks. I would prefer the bottles but I can live without them.

All the hermes boots like accesories should be combined, you don't need to say the same thing 4 times, just mention that the dunerider and sailfish boots unique attributes. I agree that they should all be S tier, the only other way to get this level of running speed is with an unreasonable amount of movement speed, that forces you to use a weak armor, reforge all your accesories to quick, and use buffs. One of these boots is needed to make the early game tolerable.
These don't change moveSpeed, they change accRunSpeed, the game will use whichever value is larger to detemine how fast you run which means these basicly make stuff like the aglet obsolete and anklet of the wind useless.

The shiny red balloon and balloon pufferfish should be combined, A is fair for them they improve all vertical movement and will in some form remain useful for the rest of pre hardmode.

aglet B->C the 5% movespeed is outclassed by hermes boots, but at least its better than an empty slot

climbing claws A->B yeah they're pretty useful... until you get a hook, they don't remain useful for long enough to justify and A, shoe spikes can stay at B, the rng can easily make you get shoe spikes before climbing claws.

step stool B->C the effect is almost useless it's literally just a worse version of the toolbelt since it can't be used to jump any higher, it will get replaced as soon as you have to start picking accesories, but I guess it's better than nothing

water walking boots A->C they are nice if you can get them early on but they are useless later into pre hardmode since thier effect can be replaced by a potion which doesn't use a slot
Innertube and flipper B->C they are arguably better than water walking boots since they allow you to actually swim in water, but still C tier.

Lucky horseshoe A->B there are a lot of other ways to deal with fall damage, double jump, hook, featherfall potion, carpet, water, clouds. Although it's a nice fail safe and its nice that you can just throw it on a ballon later

Lava charm A->D, just use obsidian skin potion

Anklet of the wind B->F I mean it can kind of get the same excuse as the aglet if you rush the jungle early on, but with the exception of the flower boots every other ivy chest item is WAY more useful.

Beezoar C->B, this thing is a life saver if you rush the jungle early on

Ancient Chisel B->S Like come on, once you get this thing you're using it for the rest of the game, sure it doesn't help mobility or combat but guess what? Combat and mobility accesories don't effect mining!

Fledgling Wings S->A a lot of its effects can be substituted by the featherfall potion, its not as badly hurt by potions as some other accesories but it's far from irreplaceable. They are also have terrible flight time without rocket boots

rocket boots S->B, rocket boots are slow on thier own, no one would use these if they didn't combine with already good boots.

Obsidian rose B->F, you actually have to be in hell to get this thing, by then you probably got a fireblossom and can make an obsidian skin potion rendering this thing redundent

Obsidian skull A->C, Just use an obsidian skin potion, now I guess since you don't have to go to hell for this it's better than the obsidian rose

Sharktooth necklace A->S, The best combat accesory pre hardmode, On most prehardmode weapons its comparable to an avenger emblem, however many rapid fire weapons gain huge bonuses from it and it remains useful in early hardmode with some weapons. It is a must have for summoners, but melee can skip it if they got a sharpening station.

Shackle F->C, it's better than a blank accesory slot

angler tackle bag B->S same reasoning as ancient chisel, if you have it your are going to use it for the rest of the game, it doesn't effect combat but combat accesories don't effect fishing.

White string should get an A, the yoyo range is nice
Counterweight should get an F, you have no control over it and your yoyo and it has to share iFrames with the yoyo itself. Don't buy this until hardmode so it can be used to combine the other two accesories.

Jellyfish necklace C->D, it doesn't even provide that much light and like every light source that isn't a torch works underwater, it was going to be F until I unironicly used it to farm squids while not having glowing mushrooms to make shine potions.

Diving helmet B->D It's useful for a few seconds if your lucky enough to get it.

Brain of confusion S->A People hype this up too much, its effectively just a worm scarf with two extremly irrelevent effects put on. The crit bonus doesn't last long and since you're usually trying to avoid attacks it won't be active very often, for example if you get hit every 7 seconds the crit bonus averages out to... 1%, and its og effect is arguably worse than useless. Hallowed and master ninja is irrelevent since the probabilites stack multiplicatively. Not saying its bad its just not any better than the worm scarf.

Lavaproof fishing Hook, There are 3 ways to do lava fishing hotline rod, lava bait, and the lavaproof fishing hook, if you only use 1 of these items you get a huge fishing penalty which means that you want to use lava bait AND this hook. Don't need to change the rating just adding important information

Flame walker shouldn't be ranked it's literally just a vanity item, I have no f*cking idea why it can be combined with lava waders.

Hive pack A->B, its completely outclassed by the shark tooth necklace, also how dare you not put it into B(ee) tier!

Honeycomb B->D, it's worse than the band of regen within those 5 seconds you heal... 6 health. After 6 seconds the band of regen has caught up and continues to heal you. Sure the extra life regen time can cause a butterfly effect improving your base healing rate, but doing the math you end up healing for a total of 25 health... after a full minute of not taking damage, versus the band's 60. Oh and forget the B(ee) tier joke, this thing doesn't deserve it!

Cobalt shield S->B, it's nice for WoF and skele prime(expert) but it really isn't useful for anything else. You can usually grapple or shield dash if you lose your momentum.

Nazar C->F, yeah cursed is annoying but literally only like 5 rare enemies inflict it, that's why the nazar is so hard to get. You'll probably end up getting cursed more times trying to obtain a nazar than you would actually prevent by using it.

Spectre and lightning boots aren't as good as amphibian but I guess they're alright if you hate fishing. Terraspark will usually require more fishing to get than you would by making amphibian boots so it gets an A.

Tiger climbing gear C->D the way you described it did not sound like a C tier accessory

mana regeneration band A->C, the mana regen is a joke, like almost half the regeneration from the band comes from the fact that it increases max mana since mana regen is based off max mana. If you're relying on mana regeneration you are going to be using the mana regen potion, which brings you from 0 to full mana in ~2.85 seconds, stacking the mana regen band on that lowers that to ~2.37-2.57 seconds (depending on if you have 200-400 max mana). The mana cuffs are arguably better since you can expect to get at least 400 mana before dieing which would prevent having to regenerate your mana a few times.

Diving gear and jellyfish diving gear C->F by the time you're combining accesories you should be able to make gills potions and flipper potions they are some of the cheapest potions in the game.

Obsidian water walking boots B->D just use the obsidian to make obsidian skin potions, water walking potions aren't hard to get either, at least you don't need to get an obsidian rose for this...

Obsidian horseshoe B->F literally the only time you 'need' the obsidian skull is to mine a meteorite, and fall damage isn't exactly something you're worried about there, and making this means you can't use the horseshoe to make a double jump balloon. You're only guaranteed 1 horseshoe before you end up having to go fishing for another one.

Lava waders S->F, ok... seriously? These things are pretty grindy to get and in the time you used to get them you could have made stacks of obsidian skin potions and water walking potions, and those are objectively better as obsidian skin allows you to stay in lava as long as you don't run out of potions, which can be several hours if you have a stack, as opposed to 7 seconds. And... they don't require an accesory slot.

Obsidian horseshoe B->F literally the only time you 'need' the obsidian skull is to mine a meteorite, and fall damage isn't exactly something you're worried about there, and making this means you can't use the horseshoe to make a double jump balloon. You're only guaranteed 1 horseshoe before you end up having to go fishing for another one.

Just so you know as of 1.4.1 the lucky horseshoe is now found in gold chests underground, not sky chests.

I'd suggest some changes (I've been slowly working on this comment as you updated your list, I was going to save it until you were done, but other people already started commenting.)

All the double jump bottles should be A tier and talk about them in the same paragraph similar to how Baconfry combined all the ore repeaters in their weapon tier list, they all are rng dependent to get and you could easily end up getting tsunami in a bottle first which happened to me on quite a few runs. The reason for A instead of S is because job isn't irreplaceable since there are so many other vertical movement accesories or you can use grappling hooks. I would prefer the bottles but I can live without them.

All the hermes boots like accesories should be combined, you don't need to say the same thing 4 times, just mention that the dunerider and sailfish boots unique attributes. I agree that they should all be S tier, the only other way to get this level of running speed is with an unreasonable amount of movement speed, that forces you to use a weak armor, reforge all your accesories to quick, and use buffs. One of these boots is needed to make the early game tolerable.
These don't change moveSpeed, they change accRunSpeed, the game will use whichever value is larger to detemine how fast you run which means these basicly make stuff like the aglet obsolete and anklet of the wind useless.

The shiny red balloon and balloon pufferfish should be combined, A is fair for them they improve all vertical movement and will in some form remain useful for the rest of pre hardmode.

aglet B->C the 5% movespeed is outclassed by hermes boots, but at least its better than an empty slot

climbing claws A->B yeah they're pretty useful... until you get a hook, they don't remain useful for long enough to justify and A, shoe spikes can stay at B, the rng can easily make you get shoe spikes before climbing claws.

step stool B->C the effect is almost useless it's literally just a worse version of the toolbelt since it can't be used to jump any higher, it will get replaced as soon as you have to start picking accesories, but I guess it's better than nothing

water walking boots A->C they are nice if you can get them early on but they are useless later into pre hardmode since thier effect can be replaced by a potion which doesn't use a slot
Innertube and flipper B->C they are arguably better than water walking boots since they allow you to actually swim in water, but still C tier.

Lucky horseshoe A->B there are a lot of other ways to deal with fall damage, double jump, hook, featherfall potion, carpet, water, clouds. Although it's a nice fail safe and its nice that you can just throw it on a ballon later

Anklet of the wind B->F I mean it can kind of get the same excuse as the aglet if you rush the jungle early on, but with the exception of the flower boots every other ivy chest item is WAY more useful.

Ancient Chisel B->S Like come on, once you get this thing you're using it for the rest of the game, sure it doesn't help mobility or combat but guess what? Combat and mobility accesories don't effect mining!

Fledgling Wings S->A a lot of its effects can be substituted by the featherfall potion, its not as badly hurt by potions as some other accesories but it's far from irreplaceable. They are also have terrible flight time without rocket boots

rocket boots S->B, rocket boots are slow on thier own, no one would use these if they didn't combine with already good boots.

Obsidian rose B->F, you actually have to be in hell to get this thing, by then you probably got a fireblossom and can make an obsidian skin potion rendering this thing redundent

Obsidian skull A->C, Just use an obsidian skin potion, now I guess since you don't have to go to hell for this it's better than the obsidian rose

Sharktooth necklace A->S, The best combat accesory pre hardmode, On most prehardmode weapons its comparable to an avenger emblem, however many rapid fire weapons gain huge bonuses from it and it remains useful in early hardmode with some weapons. It is a must have for summoners, but melee can skip it if they got a sharpening station.

angler tackle bag B->S same reasoning as ancient chisel, if you have it your are going to use it for the rest of the game, it doesn't effect combat but combat accesories don't effect fishing.

Counterweight should get an F, you have no control over it and your yoyo and it has to share iFrames with the yoyo itself. Don't buy this until hardmode so it can be used to combine the other two accesories.

Jellyfish necklace C->D, it doesn't even provide that much light and like every light source that isn't a torch works underwater, it was going to be F until I unironicly used it to farm squids while not having glowing mushrooms to make shine potions.

Diving helmet B->D It's useful for a few seconds if your lucky enough to get it.

Brain of confusion S->A People hype this up too much, its effectively just a worm scarf with two extremly irrelevent effects put on. The crit bonus doesn't last long and since you're usually trying to avoid attacks it won't be active very often, for example if you get hit every 7 seconds the crit bonus averages out to... 1%, and its og effect is arguably worse than useless. Hallowed and master ninja is irrelevent since the probabilites stack multiplicatively. Not saying its bad its just not any better than the worm scarf.

Lavaproof fishing Hook, There are 3 ways to do lava fishing hotline rod, lava bait, and the lavaproof fishing hook, if you only use 1 of these items you get a huge fishing penalty which means that you want to use lava bait AND this hook. Don't need to change the rating just adding important information

Flame walker shouldn't be ranked it's literally just a vanity item, I have no f*cking idea why it can be combined with lava waders.

Hive pack A->B, its completely outclassed by the shark tooth necklace, also how dare you not put it into B(ee) tier!

Honeycomb B->D, it's worse than the band of regen within those 5 seconds you heal... 6 health. After 6 seconds the band of regen has caught up and continues to heal you. Sure the extra life regen time can cause a butterfly effect improving your base healing rate, but doing the math you end up healing for a total of 25 health... after a full minute of not taking damage, versus the band's 60. Oh and forget the B(ee) tier joke, this thing doesn't deserve it!

Cobalt shield S->B, it's nice for WoF and skele prime(expert) but it really isn't useful for anything else. You can usually grapple or shield dash if you lose your momentum.

Nazar C->F, yeah cursed is annoying but literally only like 5 rare enemies inflict it, that's why the nazar is so hard to get. You'll probably end up getting cursed more times trying to obtain a nazar than you would actually prevent by using it.

Spectre and lightning boots aren't as good as amphibian but I guess they're alright if you hate fishing. Terraspark will usually require more fishing to get than you would by making amphibian boots so it gets an A.

Tiger climbing gear C->D the way you described it did not sound like a C tier accessory

mana regeneration band A->C, the mana regen is a joke, like almost half the regeneration from the band comes from the fact that it increases max mana since mana regen is based off max mana. If you're relying on mana regeneration you are going to be using the mana regen potion, which brings you from 0 to full mana in ~2.85 seconds, stacking the mana regen band on that lowers that to ~2.37-2.57 seconds (depending on if you have 200-400 max mana). The mana cuffs are arguably better since you can expect to get at least 400 mana before dieing which would prevent having to regenerate your mana a few times.

Diving gear and jellyfish diving gear C->F by the time you're combining accesories you should be able to make gills potions and flipper potions they are some of the cheapest potions in the game.

Obsidian water walking boots B->D just use the obsidian to make obsidian skin potions, water walking potions aren't hard to get either, at least you don't need to get an obsidian rose for this...

Lava waders S->F, ok... seriously? These things are pretty grindy to get and in the time you used to get them you could have made stacks of obsidian skin potions and water walking potions, and those are objectively better as obsidian skin allows you to stay in lava as long as you don't run out of potions, which can be several hours if you have a stack, as opposed to 7 seconds. And... they don't require an accesory slot.

Think it is a bit too quick on the trigger to call Lava Waders F tier. Especially if you give things like Diving Helmet the justice of being D tier. According to the key, F tier is pure, hot garbage that can’t be used for literally anything - and although there are some pretty horrendous accessories, I’d be hard pressed to call lava waders literally useless. Potions are only a temporary boost (grinding out stacks of water walking potions and obsidian skin potions can be inefficient, to say the least) and it’s not like they do absolutely nothing. I find that, if I get most of the materials, the lava walking and lava immunity is great for preparing Hell for the wall - usually a task that’s too long for potion buffs. Probably C or D tier according to the key.

Cobalt Shield is heavily dependent on playstyle. I myself find that, without it, getting knocked back by even later bosses cripples me by throwing off my movement and halting my momentum, and I can barely play without it. Other people go the entire game without even considering it. I’d call it A, probably.

Hive pack isn’t entirely outclassed by Shark Tooth Necklace. It does improve the ability of the bees against swarms of enemies and Shark Tooth is only a flat damage boost. But yeah, B tier is still probably fair.

Hooks are much rarer than the climbing claws. To get a grappling hook, you have to get a hook, which is a very rare drop. To get a gem hook, you have to collect 15 gems, which is harder than you'd think. And to get the only other hook pre-boss, you have to finish 10% of the bestiary, which takes a while. (There's also the Web Slinger, but that has horrible range)

I want to point out a lesser known ability of White String - being cheap as :red: to craft. Literally, you can hammer out tons of these with a tiny bit of exploring and a knowledge of how crafting stations work. You can just mash out White Strings until you get a Menacing or Warding to fill empty accessory slots - and then harvest some dye materials and do it again. Don’t know how this would effect its ranking but I thought I’d point it out.

It actually can be used to jump higher, however it's not the easiest thing to pull off. Look at the wiki page. Also how is worse than the Toolbelt? It increases vertical placement range by 4 compared to 1.

A lot of your feedback is just "Low rank because potions exist that do the same thing". Potions are extremely annoying to mass produce and to reactivate every time the buffs run out. Also for boss fights if you use potions that don't help you in combat as well as potions for the boss and buff furniture you'll easily max out your buffs.

It actually can be used to jump higher, however it's not the easiest thing to pull off. Look at the wiki page. Also how is worse than the Toolbelt? It increases vertical placement range by 4 compared to 1.
I just did some testing, it increases vertical placement range by 2 not 4. It does seem to increas jumping slighty, however both effects prevent the player from moving which severely limits its usefulness.

A lot of your feedback is just "Low rank because potions exist that do the same thing". Potions are extremely annoying to mass produce and to reactivate every time the buffs run out. Also for boss fights if you use potions that don't help you in combat as well as potions for the boss and buff furniture you'll easily max out your buffs.
well a lot of the accesories are only useful in a few certain instances, for example lava wades are only really useful in hell, which the player doesn't spend to long in, in you can get obsidian skin potions from just breaking pots in hell, you get plenty of water walking potions for free as well, you can just save those for the WoF fight.
Even if I do end up crafting water walking potions killing a few sharks takes way less time than farming for the obsidian rose, or fishing.

This is why I still kept the fledgling wings at a high A tier, they are always useful, although they can mostly be substituted by a potion its not like the other accesories where they are only useful in specific situations AND have a potion that can do their job.

I also disagree with the 'Potions are extremely annoying to mass produce' building a herb farm is easy and takes way less time than getting an obsidian rose, fishing for a lava charm, or fishing for water walking boots.

"You'll easily max out your buffs"
Ok let's think about this, you have 22 buff slots

1. regen
2. ironskin
3. endurance
4. wrath/ rage (you can only get one of these prhm)
5. bewitched
6. summoning
7. sharp/ammo crate/ crystal ball (match your main class)
8.archery/magic pow/ tipsy (match your main class)
9.your minion
10. a second minion type
11. featherfall
12. obsidian skin
13. water walking
14. lifeforce (you can get these from shadow chests)
15.titan
I can't really think of other buffs that would be too useful for WoF. And there's still 7 slots left.

Just so you know as of 1.4.1 the lucky horseshoe is now found in gold chests underground, not sky chests.
oh yeah forgot

Last edited:
well a lot of the accesories are only useful in a few certain instances, for example lava wades are only really useful in hell, which the player doesn't spend to long in, in you can get obsidian skin potions from just breaking pots in hell, you get plenty of water walking potions for free as well, you can just save those for the WoF fight.
Even if I do end up crafting water walking potions killing a few sharks takes way less time than farming for the obsidian rose, or fishing.

This is why I still kept the fledgling wings at a high A tier, they are always useful, although they can mostly be substituted by a potion its not like the other accesories where they are only useful in specific situations AND have a potion that can do their job.

I also disagree with the 'Potions are extremely annoying to mass produce' building a herb farm is easy and takes way less time than getting an obsidian rose, fishing for a lava charm, or fishing for water walking boots.

"You'll easily max out your buffs"
Ok let's think about this, you have 22 buff slots

1. regen
2. ironskin
3. endurance
4. wrath/ rage (you can only get one of these prhm)
5. bewitched
6. summoning
7. sharp/ammo crate/ crystal ball (match your main class)
8.archery/magic pow/ tipsy (match your main class)
9.your minion
10. a second minion type
11. featherfall
12. obsidian skin
13. water walking
14. lifeforce (you can get these from shadow chests)
15.titan
I can't really think of other buffs that would be too useful for WoF. And there's still 7 slots left.
Buffs I'd use regardless of class for WoF:
  1. Ironskin
  2. Regeneration
  3. Swiftness
  4. Endurance
  5. Well Fed/Plenty Satisfied/Exquisitely Stuffed
  6. Heartreach*
  7. Inferno*
  8. Lifeforce*
  9. Wrath/Rage
  10. Summoning
  11. Thorns
  12. Titan
  13. Minion
  14. Bewitched
  15. Sugar Rush
  16. Cozy Fire
  17. Heart Lamp
Buffs I'd use only for melee:
  1. Tipsy
  2. Flask
  3. Sharpening Station
Buffs I'd use only for ranger:
  1. Archery
  2. Ammo Reservation
  3. Ammo Box
Buffs I'd use only for mage:
  1. Magic Power
  2. Mana Regeneration
  3. Star in a Bottle
Buffs I'd use for summoners
  1. Flask
  2. Possible extra minion type
Buffs I'd use if I was you:
  1. Featherfall
  2. Obsidian Skin
  3. Water Walking
*Can be obtained from pots in the Underworld and from Shadow Chest in Pre-Hardmode

As you can see, the total amount of buffs would be 22 or 23, which is right at the buff limit or just over it. And what about Potion Sickness? Do you see my point now?

Buffs I'd use regardless of class for WoF:
  1. Ironskin
  2. Regeneration
  3. Swiftness
  4. Endurance
  5. Well Fed/Plenty Satisfied/Exquisitely Stuffed
  6. Heartreach*
  7. Inferno*
  8. Lifeforce*
  9. Wrath/Rage
  10. Summoning
  11. Thorns
  12. Titan
  13. Minion
  14. Bewitched
  15. Sugar Rush
  16. Cozy Fire
  17. Heart Lamp
Buffs I'd use only for melee:
  1. Tipsy
  2. Flask
  3. Sharpening Station
Buffs I'd use only for ranger:
  1. Archery
  2. Ammo Reservation
  3. Ammo Box
Buffs I'd use only for mage:
  1. Magic Power
  2. Mana Regeneration
  3. Star in a Bottle
Buffs I'd use for summoners
  1. Flask
  2. Possible extra minion type
Buffs I'd use if I was you:
  1. Featherfall
  2. Obsidian Skin
  3. Water Walking
*Can be obtained from pots in the Underworld and from Shadow Chest in Pre-Hardmode

As you can see, the total amount of buffs would be 22 or 23, which is right at the buff limit or just over it. And what about Potion Sickness? Do you see my point now?
Swiftness is useless by now, why would you need sugar rush? You're not mining anything and the movespeed is useless by now. Thorns is also useless.

So that's 14 buffs

Then 3 for specific class for a total of 17.

Then the 3 in the I would use section.

so that's 2 buff slots left for potions sickness and 'horrified'

Edit: Alright now let's say you do somehow end up with to many buffs? I would rather give up the following buffs than an accesory slot
-Inferno
-One of the ranger ammo buffs (they don't effect combat)
-the star in a bottle(I looked up the mana regen and it's absolutly pathetic, the mana regen band is over 12x better and I already trashed talked that thing)
-a flask, 4dps isn't too much to give up

Last edited:
The reason I'm ranking the Flame Waker Boots is because if a new player fishes in lava and gets it, they might think that it can burn enemies or something because it's not called vanity anywhere in-game and if they have the Lava Waders already they might make the Hellfire Treads or they might see "Material" on it, check with the guide, than get Lava Waders and craft the Hellfire Treads.

The reason I'm ranking the Flame Waker Boots is because if a new player fishes in lava and gets it, they might think that it can burn enemies or something because it's not called vanity anywhere in-game and if they have the Lava Waders already they might make the Hellfire Treads or they might see "Material" on it, check with the guide, than get Lava Waders and craft the Hellfire Treads.
vanity.png

Lava charm is certainly not A tier. Obsidian Skin Potions are incredibly cheap and if you know what you're doing you'll be making your arenas out of planter boxes anyway. Also, you only need to deal with lava twice in the entire game: once for mining hellstone, and once for wall of flesh. With Hellstone just make an obsidian skin potion as it actually also prevents burning and you don't even need to duck out of lava every 7 seconds. With Wall of Flesh either make an Arena or just use a water walking potion if you're too lazy for even an arena. This is the kind of item which is outclassed hard by a potion which is both easier to get in bulk than it is to just get one of these things and it wasn't a particularly powerful potion anyway.

Back
Top Bottom