Full Steam Ahead! tModLoader to Launch as Free DLC for Terraria with Journey's End!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since TML is on another version, will TML and regular Terraria be two separate programs or how will it work?

I already have tModloader, so trust me on this. In your terraria folder (Steam) you’ll have 2 terraria applications.One is tModloader, the other is vanilla.

I already have tModloader, so trust me on this. In your terraria folder (Steam) you’ll have 2 terraria applications.One is tModloader, the other is vanilla.
alright, i just wonder because when terraria is started using steam tmodloader starts. so i was thinking as tmodloader and terraria as two seperate steam games with seperate folders and stuff

So since TML is on another version, will TML and regular Terraria be two separate programs or how will it work?
tModloader will function as a separate game in your steam library, and will have its own install location.
This is not true. See above.

tModloader will function as a separate game in your steam library, and will have its own install location.

This is not true. See above.
thanks for the quick reply.

but how willthe updates work for TML, the TML team work on a 1.4 vers. and all modders are updating their mods as well. But not all Mod teams are equaly fast updating their mods. Will there be like a function to change the terraria/tmodloader version to play other mods, not avaialbe for 1.4 at that time?

Thanks. Do I need to do anything after 1.4 is out to do with tModloader?
Yes, you will need to install it from the steam page: tModLoader on Steam
thanks for the quick reply.

but how willthe updates work for TML, the TML team work on a 1.4 vers. and all modders are updating their mods as well. But not all Mod teams are equaly fast updating their mods. Will there be like a function to change the terraria/tmodloader version to play other mods, not avaialbe for 1.4 at that time?
I am not 100% sure if this will be the cause - so do not take it as fact, but I beleive @Jofairden said that they plan to keep 1.3.5 tmodloader available on steam after 1.4 releases. Regardeless, you could always install the 1.3.5 version of tmod yourself, as the builds are public.

Yes, you will need to install it from the steam page: tModLoader on Steam

I am not 100% sure if this will be the cause - so do not take it as fact, but I beleive @Jofairden said that they plan to keep 1.3.5 tmodloader available on steam after 1.4 releases. Regardeless, you could always install the 1.3.5 version of tmod yourself, as the builds are public.

so there will most likely be ''Terraria'' ''TModLoader1.3.5'' and ''TModloader1.4'' on steam IF that's right? Hope i didnt misunderstand

so there will most likely be ''Terraria'' ''TModLoader1.3.5'' and ''TModloader1.4'' on steam IF that's right? Hope i didnt misunderstand
I don't know their exact plans, but I imagine it will be through the steam beta/versioning system, if they do.

Do I just delete all my tModloader files then?
You can just have Terraria update itself on Steam, then search for tModLoader in the store and install that. You can launch them separately.

Yes eventually there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom