Full Steam Ahead! tModLoader to Launch as Free DLC for Terraria with Journey's End!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This version is not 64 bit. I believe there are plans to make the official tmodloader version 64 bit after it's ported to 1.4, but I can't 100% confirm this - you would need to ask their devs. In the meantime you can always install the 64 bit version over the 32 bit one, like you will be able to for any other non tmod mods.
So speaking as the leader of the 64bit project. Would this make 64bit kinda harder to install with the fact that steam will delete 64bit if the normal tML update? Which would also mean that everyone using it currently would most than likely be forced to either wait for a 64bit update or reinstall their terraria completely to play 32bit tML.

OH MY GOD, YES
good:red:.png

Question: For is who already have TML, will we still be able to use the version we have instead of having to get the DLC?
Yes, you will still be able to download TML like you regularly do and replace the files as you would now.
The DLC version however is easy to use when you use steam, and a separate install from Terraria. This means you can also still play vanilla by launching Terraria instead of tModLoader on Steam.

This. They've been dedicated to making 64 bit work as smoothly as possible and I'd hate to see them just left to the side, I'm kind of surprised they weren't mentioned or even brought into consideration to begin with.
64 bit may be in the future. No promises though :)

So speaking as the leader of the 64bit project. Would this make 64bit kinda harder to install with the fact that steam will delete 64bit if the normal tML update? Which would also mean that everyone using it currently would most than likely be forced to either wait for a 64bit update or reinstall their terraria completely to play 32bit tML.
Well, yes, updating tmod will break any mods you've installed on top of it. Not sure if there's any way around this, you're still better off than you would be if we had to wait for tmod to update to 1.4.
So this is why the Mod Browser broke... Jopojelly was doing behind-the-scenes tinkering to add Steam integration!
Steam workshop integration is not coming with launch, but at a later time :)

Yes, you will still be able to download TML like you regularly do and replace the files as you would now.
The DLC version however is easy to use when you use steam, and a separate install from Terraria. This means you can also still play vanilla by launching Terraria instead of tModLoader on Steam.
Thanks! Just making sure. I’ve already split my modded and vanilla games

Well, at least I wont need to worry about the mods breaking on the update.
That means I can play the update with companions! :D

This comes as great news at first, but a caveat: please, for all that is holy, whatever you do, do not rely on Steam Workshop exclusively to host mods. GOG players would get the door slammed in their faces if that happens.

This comes as great news at first, but a caveat: please, for all that is holy, whatever you do, do not rely on Steam Workshop exclusively to host mods. GOG players would get the door slammed in their faces if that happens.
Even with steam workshop support, the mod browser will continue to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom