Full Steam Ahead! tModLoader to Launch as Free DLC for Terraria with Journey's End!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amazing and a truly great way to "end" the update saga of Terraria as mentioned. I've always been antsy about mods in Terraria, but this will make it a lot easier to figure out and add / change as I see fit. Foolproofing it for fools like myself.

Basically, tMod will show up as a whole separate game in your Steam Library if you use Steam, and it will have its separate install directory, save files, etc and be 100% separate from vanilla Terraria.

And this is awesome as frick. Steam will download tModLoader and automatically keep it up to date, and everything.
thanks for confirming it for me

Basically, tMod will show up as a whole separate game in your Steam Library if you use Steam, and it will have its separate install directory, save files, etc and be 100% separate from vanilla Terraria.

And this is awesome as frick. Steam will download tModLoader and automatically keep it up to date, and everything.
Alright, that's good. I've figured it would be like Spore in which the DLCs are separate games in the library.

There is nothing need to be redone and people need to stop saying 64 bit is dead
64 bit will function normally just like it does now.
Awesome! (thou I don't use it, but those who did, nice)

Btw, could you awsner this? I'm concerned

I'm rather curious how this is going to effect the current TMODLoader Team, things like their Patreon and the Patreon/dev items in the game.

Edit on that note the TMODLoader crew is still hosting and paying for the servers running the mod browser so I think it's very important that you keep their patreon link in the TMODLoader main menu, as stated before, GOG players don't have much of an option here and won't have access to the workshop, and the crew has no plans to shut it down. Not to mention it kinda feels like a slap to their face to remove their signature of work, tbh.

Other than that, we all this is has been a long time coming

I'm rather curious how this is going to effect the current TMODLoader Team, things like their Patreon and the Patreon/dev items in the game.

Edit on that note the TMODLoader crew is still hosting and paying for the servers running the mod browser so I think it's very important that you keep their patreon link in the TMODLoader main menu, as stated before, GOG players don't have much of an option here and won't have access to the workshop, and the crew has no plans to shut it down. Not to mention it kinda feels like a slap to their face to remove their signature of work, tbh.

Other than that, we all this is has been a long time coming
The Mod Browser isn't going away, neither is our Patreon ;-)

So the best of both worlds then? Awesome, I was concerned for the longest time what would happen, but it looks like everything will be the same as before, just flat out better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom