Full Steam Ahead! tModLoader to Launch as Free DLC for Terraria with Journey's End!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! finally Tmodloader on steam workshop at Journey's end!
1588711621912.png

So even though I have a totally legit GoG version, it looks like the new tModLoader will be on Steam only?
So just like with Super Terraria World, I have the "wrong" version, apparently. Even though it's legit to Re-Logic.

Or am I wrong and will there be a stand-alone version, too?

So even though I have a totally legit GoG version, it looks like the new tModLoader will be on Steam only?
So just like with Super Terraria World, I have the "wrong" version, apparently. Even though it's legit to Re-Logic.

Or am I wrong and will there be a stand-alone version, too?
You will still be able to use tModLoader with your GOG version, in the same way that you do now.

I wonder if the mobile version will be tmod,. If the mobile version can also install mod, it would be so cool!

1. yes (it's a steam option)
Steam doesn't actually have an option to stop updates happening. The most you can do is delay them until you next launch the game, unless you faff about with disconnecting your internet connection temporarily while launching the game. It used to have that option, but it was notorious for ignoring/resetting that setting and at some point Steam has simply removed that option entirely.

One option that may be worth exploring, that I know at least some games use, would be to make use of the beta tab to keep old versions available as opt ins. Steam will then not force an update unless that particular branch is updated.

Steam doesn't actually have an option to stop updates happening. The most you can do is delay them until you next launch the game, unless you faff about with disconnecting your internet connection temporarily while launching the game. It used to have that option, but it was notorious for ignoring/resetting that setting and at some point Steam has simply removed that option entirely.

One option that may be worth exploring, that I know at least some games use, would be to make use of the beta tab to keep old versions available as opt ins. Steam will then not force an update unless that particular branch is updated.
You are correct in that it's not possible on your end, but on our end we have defined that we don't want automatic updates so people can stay on an older version if wanted to they can play their mods while they wait for them to update. I just made sure and checked for you in our backend at Valve :) As for branches, it may be possible we will keep branches per version so people can switch between the version they want.

GoG editions of game some times get less stuff from developers because they are scared of pirates or something since GoG is DRM free.
Is there any indication whether 1.4 is even going to launch on gog at the same time? I just don't want to get my hopes up too much if not...

Is there any indication whether 1.4 is even going to launch on gog at the same time? I just don't want to get my hopes up too much if not...
Every effort we can make will be done. As far as I know, it will be submitted to GOG at the same time but it's up to them (GOG) to make it available.

when will 1.4 mobile come out
I wouldn't count on it for quite a while, if at all, but considering the drastic move of technology, I wouldn't be surprised if phones could be able to run 1.4 without many basic game-breaking bugs in the matter of a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom