Member-Run Project Fully Themed Worlds Yes or No?

Should this theme continue and spread across the entire map making it a fully themed futuristic map?

• Total voters

Jewsus

Official Terrarian
The Future Is Now?
Greetings Terrarians,
I am currently constructing a themed spawn for a friends server and I am liking the theme so far. I may continue the build and make it cover an entire world featuring all the bells and whistles an adventure map may need. Once done its possible I may make the map available for download.

Megaman inspired map spawn under construction:

Screenshot (374).png

Before 1.3? Or will it include the update?

This will be quite an expansive project I imagine it will run well into 1.3 and I will make additions as I explore the new content. This thread will most likely have an ongoing amount of progress shots and eventually a full map image along with links to a 1:1 scale in game image (this will be to large to embed in a thread). If players decide they really like it and want to play on it/explore it/de-construct it to see how I made it then I will make it available for download :D

I could see it working. It all boils down to whether or not you feel like you have enough creative ideas to expand this theme across an entire map without making it feel too repetitive. The only one that can answer that would be you ;D I do like the way it looks (obviously, since it is extremely similar in style and color to my starship build), but too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, you know? Of course, if you have ideas to spruce it up and make every section unique, then by all means ^.^

By the by, one of the living wood support beams on the bridge evaded your paint D: pesky pesky living wood.

By the by, one of the living wood support beams on the bridge evaded your paint D: pesky pesky living wood.

I noticed that after taking the screenshot and editing it :D

It all boils down to whether or not you feel like you have enough creative ideas to expand this theme across an entire map without making it feel too repetitive.

And I can come up with enough Ideas for at least a small map on this style for starters!

Update One

Greetings Fellow Terrarians.
Today is just a quick status update on the themed world build I have been busy so not much has been done but here it is nonetheless!

Progress Shot one:
Terra World WIP - Shot One.png

Update Three

Managed to get a good deal done tonight!

Part of access shaft two:
Screenshot (420).png

Waterfall Detail:
Screenshot (422).png

Change the platforms for a hoik elevator to make it more futuristic.
Hoiks are quite easy to make and I have done some nice things with them but they are certainly not pretty :D that's why I chose platforms. Although I'm sure with some more tinkering I can make a hoik look nice XD!

It's amazing that people are able to build such good looking futuristic maps with such a limited amount of materials.
And I have only just begun! There is currently no robots as of yet though i will add them probably udated versions of my older ones like these:
Screenshot (3).png

This ones so old I didn't have the option to angle tiles:
2013-10-05_00007.jpg

To those of you that have heard of him some of the design credit (the motors only here really) go to a builder named Enzyme!

This is looking good. You should make biospheres with all the different biomes in. And a research lab.

This is looking good. You should make biospheres with all the different biomes in. And a research lab.
Do you remember Enzyme? He made such builds as the Nautilus! In all honesty if it wasn't for him I would not be the builder I am today :D

Here is my favourite build from him:
nautilus-jpg.44873

And here is my rebuild of it (made as to simulate being in a construction yard):
2013-09-20_00002.jpg
2013-09-20_00003.jpg
2013-09-19_00001.jpg

This is in my really early stages of building experience not many people have seen this stuff!

LOL at the old textures and sadly i liked them more than some of the new ones :( gold brick used to look sexy!

Last edited:
He is really easy to find content for just Google Terraria builds by Enzyme :D not many of his builds are available for download but I can easily rebuild on request!

Back
Top Bottom