Weapons & Equip Fungi Bulb Weapon.

Which of these ideas would you like to be added into the game?

• Both!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • The gun!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The pet!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Neither. You're dumb.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

OreoFace

Eye of Cthulhu
well, I've been thinking, and i thinked up something. the mushroom biome is Boring.capital-B boring.even when you get into hardmode and are killed three times in a row by the stinking mushi ladybugs and anomura fungus, once you figure out how to beat them, it gets really easy .the hardest thing about it is the Giant Fungi Bulbs.
that's why i think its about time someone made a weapon or SOMETHING for the mushroom biome.
And so, without further ado,let Oreoface present to you...

4wjVdeV.png
(sprite by @Chadwick)
dropped from giant fungi bulb with 5% chance
mana:12
damage:52
knockback:4.5
shoots a fungi spore that behaves like the spores shot by Giant Fungi Bulbs
the reason for the high amount of damage on this weapon is that the spores behave in the same manner that the spores fired by the G.F.B. do.
OR, if you don't like that idea,how about...

index.php
(sprite by @drok0920) summoned with glowing fungi bulb (sprite needed)
dropped from giant fungi bulbs with 5% chance.
summons a Fungi Bulb Turret to shoot fungi spores at your enemies.
40 summon damage
5 knockback
lasts for one minute

index.php
(sprite by @Mebybemn )
drops from anomura fungus with a 3% chance
summons a baby anomura fungus minion to attack your enemies
28 summon damage
2 knockback
20% chance to confuse enemies for 3 seconds(let me know if i should buff or nerf)

(sprite needed)
crafted from wing membranes and 20 souls of flight
has twice as much flight time as fairy,butterfly,and bee wings, but follows a drifting up and down pattern like the mushi ladybug's.
(sprite needed)
dropped from mushi ladybugs with 5%.
used to craft mushi wings.

index.php

750 health
45 damage
16 defense
Causes nearby truffle worms to surface. Can move backwards for faster, less predictable movement, will split in half when at 375 health.

feedback is appreciated, please tell me if you like either of my ideas and if there is anything i could do to make them more balanced or such.

Last edited:
Interesting... Although im not sure if i support it 100%... Would the turret be like the frost hydra or would it walk?

well, I've been thinking, and i thinked up something. the mushroom biome is Boring.capital-B boring.even when you get into hardmode and are killed three times in a row by the stinking mushi ladybugs and anamora fungus, once you figure out how to beat them, it gets really easy .the hardest thing about it is the Giant Fungi Bulbs.
that's why i think its about time someone made a weapon or SOMETHING for the mushroom biome.
It already has two though:
Mushroom_Spear.png
latest
And if we count the Digging Claw, that makes three:
Shroomite_Digging_Claw.png
And of course it has armour:
Shroomite_Headgear.png
Shroomite_Mask.png
Shroomite_Helmet.png
Shroomite_Breastplate.png
Shroomite_Leggings.png
And a hoverboard:
Hoverboard.png
It's also the place where you find the summoning item for Duke Fishron
Truffle_Worm.png

There's no lack of cool hardmode content for the Glowing Mushroom Biome (some of which you will spend a long time in the biome to get *cough* :red: you truffle worm *cough*), and I didn't even get to the furniture, Truffle NPC and the banners the mobs drop.
Nonetheless, I like this suggestion. For as far as I know, we don't really have a weapon that shoots weird swirly projectiles like the Giant Fungi Bulb's yet. I think it might be a bit annoying to use since the projectile just goes all over the place, but if it pierces it'll probably be useful for crowd control. Same goes for the turret, really. Unpredictable projectiles, but good for crowd control.
I have a sprite you could use for the Fungi Spore Launcher:
4wjVdeV.png
. It's from my Shroomatar suggestion over at TO, but I'm not really planning on porting that one over, so you can use it if you want. Don't know if it is what you had in mind, but yeah. It's a possibility.

Sorry, could you repeat that? I stopped paying attention when I saw the drop chances. Because I don't see how adding rare drops would make the biome more interesting. If anything, it just means you'll have a longer time to get bored with the biome while you're trying to grind for them.

Interesting... Although im not sure if i support it 100%... Would the turret be like the frost hydra or would it walk?
yeah, it would last a minute,like the queen spider, and be immobile.
It already has two though:
Mushroom_Spear.png
latest
And if we count the Digging Claw, that makes three:
Shroomite_Digging_Claw.png
And of course it has Armour:
Shroomite_Headgear.png
Shroomite_Mask.png
Shroomite_Helmet.png
Shroomite_Breastplate.png
Shroomite_Leggings.png
And a hoverboard:
Hoverboard.png
It's also the place where you find the summoning item for Duke Fishron
Truffle_Worm.png

There's no lack of cool hardmode content for the Glowing Mushroom Biome (some of which you will spend a long time in the biome to get *cough* :red: you truffle worm *cough*), and I didn't even get to the furniture, Truffle NPC and the banners the mobs drop.
Nonetheless, I like this suggestion. For as far as I know, we don't really have a weapon that shoots weird swirly projectiles like the Giant Fungi Bulb's yet. I think it might be a bit annoying to use since the projectile just goes all over the place, but if it pierces it'll probably be useful for crowd control. Same goes for the turret, really. Unpredictable projectiles, but good for crowd control.
I have a sprite you could use for the Fungi Spore Launcher:
4wjVdeV.png
. It's from my Shroomatar suggestion over at TO, but I'm not really planning on porting that one over, so you can use it if you want. Don't know if it is what you had in mind, but yeah. It's a possibility.

i meant stuff that drops FROM the mobs when i said a weapon or something. And shroomite stuff is just mushrooms plus chlorophyte. you dont have to actually go to the biome for that, you can just make a small farm. same for the furniture too. Although you DO have a point with the truffle worm, BUT if these items were added into the game,you wouldn't probably ever use them by the time you had killed the Duke.and before you have any chlorophyte to MAKE into shroomite,if these were in the game,thy just might tempt you into the mushroom biome to get some cool early hardmode weapons.
Also,thank you for the sprites ,you two!

The items should either have a higher drop chance, or, preferabily, be crafted with mob drops from that biome.

Thank you soooo much! i made a decent staff on MS paint, but it wont copy and paste to here. I like yours better anyways.
do you think my suggestions are good? bad? need work?
I really like them :happy: I think there is still a lot of room for mushroom themed items even with shroomite stuff (which mainly has you farming in the jungle anyway). I would 100% use these if they were in game.

I have a quick enemy suggestion as well :p
Digger.png

750 health
45 damage
16 defense
Causes nearby truffle worms to surface. Can move backwards for faster, less predictable movement, will split in half when at 375 health.

Also these are super minor changes, but they make a big deal in terms of balancing, they are just suggestions though.

Fungi Spore Launcher
dropped from giant fungi bulb with 7% chance ---> 3-5% chance (7% is a lot bigger when you think about how much time the player spends in the mushroom biome farming)
mana:8 ---> 12
damage:50 ---> 52
knockback:5 ---> 4.5

Fungus Staff
drops from anomura fungus with a 5% chance ---> 2-3%
summons a baby anomura fungus minion to attack your enemies
28 summon damage
2 knockback
chance to confuse enemies for 3 seconds(let me know if i should buff or nerf) ---> as long the chance isnt really high 3 seconds is fine (maybe like 20% chance?) enough enemies are immune to confusion that this pretty much fine.

Edit: You have to press the "Upload File" button next to post button then select file. Click where you want to put it then press full image. (Note: Any images not put in your post will be listed as a download so make sure they are all in there or delete excess pics. before posting)

Last edited:
is it OK if i put the truffle worm thing in if i credit you?
changes made to balance
i probably will use your sprite tho,cuz i like it better.

Why not a new mushrooom boss like plantera? Call it fungera and add a techno boss theme and some cool drops any voila mushroom biome is great

Back
Top Bottom