Switch Funny bug with the Fetid Baghnakhs

quizang

Terrarian
Alright. Starting off, this is a very minor bug, and I don’t think it really effects the Game negatively in anyway, I just found it pretty funny. So basically if you start using the Fetid Baghnakhs, (dropped from Crimson mimics) and switch to another item using your d-pad while still swinging the weapon, it’ll switch the Baghnakhs to whatever item you switched to, but the item you are now holding is swinging really fast just like the Baghnakhs would.

I’ve tried this bug on a bunch of different kinds of items, such as guns, swords, magic weapons, and consumables. Most of the weapons that I switched to while using the glitch don’t even follow their main functions, like when I used the MegaShark for an example. I was using the Baghnakhs, and switched to MegaShark, and all that really happened next was that I was swinging the MegaShark really fast. So none of the items ya switch to, will follow their main functions. You just swing the sprite really fast.

I just found the bug really funny, cause no matter what weapon I switch to, it still follows the original functions as the Baghnakhs. So now I can go wack stuff with my MegaShark or Pad Thai. :D

Alright. Starting off, this is a very minor bug, and I don’t think it really effects the Game negatively in anyway, I just found it pretty funny. So basically if you start using the Fetid Baghnakhs, (dropped from Crimson mimics) and switch to another item using your d-pad while still swinging the weapon, it’ll switch the Baghnakhs to whatever item you switched to, but the item you are now holding is swinging really fast just like the Baghnakhs would.

I’ve tried this bug on a bunch of different kinds of items, such as guns, swords, magic weapons, and consumables. Most of the weapons that I switched to while using the glitch don’t even follow their main functions, like when I used the MegaShark for an example. I was using the Baghnakhs, and switched to MegaShark, and all that really happened next was that I was swinging the MegaShark really fast. So none of the items ya switch to, will follow their main functions. You just swing the sprite really fast.

I just found the bug really funny, cause no matter what weapon I switch to, it still follows the original functions as the Baghnakhs. So now I can go wack stuff with my MegaShark or Pad Thai. :D
Ohh, that sounds like a fun one @quizang, thanks for sharing. I've heard of the Vortex Beater glitch, which is similar to this, but haven't seen this one in action.

If you have a moment, I'd recommend sending this directly to Pipeworks (the console developers): Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven't heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now. There is a patch in to Nintendo, we are just waiting on Nintendo to approve it.

Ohh, that sounds like a fun one @quizang, thanks for sharing. I've heard of the Vortex Beater glitch, which is similar to this, but haven't seen this one in action.

If you have a moment, I'd recommend sending this directly to Pipeworks (the console developers): Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven't heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now. There is a patch in to Nintendo, we are just waiting on Nintendo to approve it.

You got it
[doublepost=1562877419,1562877381][/doublepost]Update: the Baghnakhs fan replaced with almost anything as long as the item can be held down.

Try placing any placeable objects while doing this :) enjoy your infinite items

Already reported this. Works with any autoswing item without special effects or destroy effects (special effects i.e. Terra blade, destroying effects including pickaxes)

Edit: actual sequence in full:

Any placeable object can be very easily duplicated
The method steps are as follows :
1.) grab autoswing melee weapon without effects (most consistent as far as ive tested, pickaxes and axes do not work. Swords and hammers do. So does the bug net)

2.) place any placeable object of your choice on the item bar.

3.) swing the weapon, then TAP the placeable object WHILE swinging the weapon.

4.) place said object, this does place the object but does not consume the hotbar item.

A few notes:
-faster swinging weapons make you place objects faster (it carries over the stats, range and use time of the weapon swung prior to tapping the placeable object)
For example, the bladed glove will allow you to place objects VERY fast at low range, while the bug net allows you to place objects slower but at longer range.

Try placing any placeable objects while doing this :) enjoy your infinite items

Already reported this. Works with any autoswing item without special effects or destroy effects (special effects i.e. Terra blade, destroying effects including pickaxes)

Edit: actual sequence in full:

Any placeable object can be very easily duplicated
The method steps are as follows :
1.) grab autoswing melee weapon without effects (most consistent as far as ive tested, pickaxes and axes do not work. Swords and hammers do. So does the bug net)

2.) place any placeable object of your choice on the item bar.

3.) swing the weapon, then TAP the placeable object WHILE swinging the weapon.

4.) place said object, this does place the object but does not consume the hotbar item.

A few notes:
-faster swinging weapons make you place objects faster (it carries over the stats, range and use time of the weapon swung prior to tapping the placeable object)
For example, the bladed glove will allow you to place objects VERY fast at low range, while the bug net allows you to place objects slower but at longer range.
...I just realized that you can place coins.

Back
Top Bottom