Texture Pack Furraria

FibS

Official Terrarian
Not yet available for download

Replaces Town NPCs, some enemies, some pets, etc. with popular and/or classical characters from furry, kemono, or animal fantasy.

As a Texture Pack, this will not affect their names or gameplay mechanics in any way.

Currently working on:

ImageTerraria characterChanged to
20200524-merchant_nook.png
MerchantAnimal Crossing
Tom Nook
20200524-dryad-renamon.png
DryadDigimon
Renamon
20200524-tinkerer-tails.png
Goblin TinkererSonic
Miles "Tails" Prower

All shown sprites are very early and won't be shaded until the not-shaded part looks good.

Feel free to name some ideas for characters below!

Also feel free to tell me how to make tables not take up the entire horizontal space! :D

Last edited:
Nice, Think ya could do an eevee for the town cat?
idk why but i could see arms dealer as a lucario uwu
I'm trying to limit it to one NPC per series. The NPC who will be a Pokemon is the one who already has a Pokemon reference

Looks nice !

Had a few ideas for some NPCs, so i thought about dropping them here for you :)
-Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank series) as The Demolitionist
-Louis (Beastars) as the Clothier

I'll be looking forward for updates :D

I'm back.

I lost all the progress on this pack and had to remake it from the screenshots posted earlier. Also, Texture Packs are now Resource Packs (meaning they can change game text), so Furraria will ever-so-slightly affect the gameplay unlike my previous statement!

Anyway here's an update.

NPCs

Each NPC in the game except for the Barkeep will have new sprites and changed dialogue. This much is completely superficial and should have no effect on gameplay, except that some of the changed dialogue tells you how to play the game better than the old dialogue did and might therefore make the game easier for inexperienced players.

Some NPCs will have new class names and some NPCs will always generate the same personal name. Existing NPCs will not see any personal name change; you will need to kill them and spawn a new one. These new names will slightly alter gameplay because some NPCs have unique item drops when they have specific names; you won't be able to get Guide Andrew's Green Cap or Steampunker Whitney's Ivy because they will never spawn with those names while this pack is active.

Image​
Terraria Character​
Replaced with​
1659971234475.png
the GuideBubsy the Bobcat

Since you can't get "Andrew" as a name, you won't be able to get the Green Cap while this pack is active.
1659971276415.png
the MerchantTom Nook the Merchant
1659971303903.png
the Arms DealerSly Cooper the Master Thief

I want to put Sly somewhere and this is the closest NPC to a thief. I guess nothing is illegal in Terraria except guns, so that's what he works with.
1659971391527.png
the Dryad... the Renamon

Currently keeps Dryad's personal names, may be changed later.
1659971425013.png
the Goblin TinkererTails the Fox
1659971520285.png
the Party GirlPinkie Pie the Party Pony

Kind of an easy one since the Party Girl is obviously based on her to begin with...
1659993190815.png
the Traveling MerchantRoland / Saharah the Traveling Merchant

In the Japanese version of Animal Crossing, the traveling camel merchant is male and named Roland (or perhaps Laurent). He was localized internationally as female and named Saharah. Apparently Nintendo expected Americans to be too dumb to understand that camels have thick lashes because they live in the desert where there's tons of dust.

In Furraria, you may see the Traveling Merchant with either name. One of the dialogue lines implies that they are siblings.
(will add image later)the TruffleToadette the ...

A bit of a stretch to consider her a "furry", but I have literally no other characters to put in Truffle's place.
(will add image later)the SteampunkerKrystal the Cerinian

Eeeeh, steampunk, crystal-tech, what's the difference!

To-Do:
  • Other NPCs not yet revealed
  • Make the map heads and room flags match the sprites (I'm just too lazy to do it right now)

Items
Some items associated with the above NPCs have been edited accordingly.

Image​
Terraria Item​
Replaced with​
1659971797872.png
Guide Voodoo DollBobcat Doll

To-Do:
  • Will change Guide Voodoo Fish to Bobcatfish. (Angler's dialogue has already been altered for this quest, though Angler's new identity hasn't been finalized.)
  • Will change items relevant to Goblin Invasion to items relevant to Badnik Invasion.

Enemies
Some enemies associated with the changed NPCs have been altered accordingly.
  • I'm too lazy to get a screenshot, but I altered Voodoo Demon to reflect the new Bobcat Doll sprite.
To-Do:
  • Will change Goblin Army to Badnik Army. (Tails and the invasion alert already mention them as Badniks instead of as Goblins.) Not certain how difficult altering the gibs will be.

Addons
In addition to the base Furraria resource pack, there will also be addon packs.
  • The player having a kemono face is an addon pack, not part of the base Furraria pack. (The ears and tail are vanilla items from the Zoologist.)
  • Some NPCs may offer alternate appearances which may or may not be suitable to post on the Terraria forums.

Anyway there's that.

Back
Top Bottom