Weapons & Equip Fury Gear: True Melee Gear

I merely pointed put the flaw of his words. I haven't raised any ire over it.

Even you mist admit those are two different things.
No :red: but you're all rehashing your point without trying to consider any benefits at all too one MEASLY little armor set that sets a restriction and changes things up.
We get people wanna use everything OBVIOUSLY we wanna use everything but it sounds like the complaints are that it's restrictive ( that's the point ) and you can never take it off, news flash every item is interchangeable remember? It's a sandbox game we have options.

thanks! the sprites came out better than i expected. guess what i based the design of the fury blade on.

what exactly do you mean by poorly executed?

Like.....its one of those "Wait that sounded better in my head" type things. Like the idea is great but now seeing it possibly in the game the appeal goes down.

And I have no clue. What is it based on?

Tell the TC to stop the same, why don't you?

The cycle doesn't turn with just one side of the argument.

My biggest beef with is still the one ore for one playstyle.
Normally i'd agree the tc can chill too, but seriously the idea of style specific ore doesn't excite you? Imagine what could come from this, spellcaster ore, gunner ore, ranger ore, that sounds sweet no?

I could just blindingly enthusiastic about this too.

its one ore for one playstyle, because i wanted to make it post-golem, but make you have to do something to obtain it other than farming golem, like beetle armor. i enjoy the mining aspect of the game. i cant really think of a better way to obtain it, too many armors are obtained just by killing bosses in my opinion.

it sounded good in my head, and i still think it sounds good. and the fury blade texture is based on an existing texture, guess what it is.

and the armor isnt really based on anything, i just wanted a way to use actual melee.

spellcaster ore, gunner ore, ranger ore, that sounds sweet no?
Funnily enough, no. There are only so many places they can generate post-golem after all.

I am going to say I dislike the notion of one ore for one playstyle entirely as that should stop in PHM. Since this one is indeed more opinion-based as opposed to the difference between the armors, just know that you will not convince me to like it, and I will not be able to deter you from it, so we'll leave it at that.

No support. I like my Terraria without restrictive gear, and melee works well until Frost and Pmpkin Moon - both of which are optional content.

Yes I've read all the back and forth on previous pages. No, I don't care how other games are "fun" because they restrict the :red: out of you. Just pointing that out to avoid pointless replies.

No support. I like my Terraria without restrictive gear, and melee works well until Frost and Pmpkin Moon - both of which are optional content.

Yes I've read all the back and forth on previous pages. No, I don't care how other games are "fun" because they restrict the :red: out of you. Just pointing that out to avoid pointless replies.

*doesn't point*
Ha! Pointless reply ;)

The notion of restrictive gear seems dubious to me, considering that even the final set of defensive pre-hardmode armour leaves you nigh-on powerless against hardmode enemies - they still deal a ton of damage, and continue to deal a ton of damage when caught off-guard, even with end-game gear.

Also, an increase in difficulty (via the application of restrictions or otherwise) does not equate to an overall increase in 'fun'. There does exist a sweet spot where there is a balance between the two, but this (in my opinion), does not seem to encompass it.

Normally i'd agree the tc can chill too, but seriously the idea of style specific ore doesn't excite you? Imagine what could come from this, spellcaster ore, gunner ore, ranger ore, that sounds sweet no?

The problem from that is that, once it´s armor set is made, it becomes vendor trash. It isn´t helped by the fact that none of the materials used to make endgame armors, except for Beetle Husks, has no other uses. Ectoplasm, for example, is also used for tools and to summon two events, while Shroomite is used for a VERY fast digging tool and the Hoverboard.

Last edited:
The problem from that is that, once it´s armor set is made, it becomes vendor trash. It isn´t hepled by the fact that none of the materials used to make endgame armors, except for Beetle Husks, has no other uses. Ectoplasm, for example, is also used for tools and to summon two events, while Shroomite is used for a VERY fast digging tool and the Hoverboard.
Correction, Beatle husks can get you beetle wings... but meh

i actually have the same problem with summoner gear, its too weak to survive the moon events, and by your logic, the entire game is optional. the only 'restrictions' in terraria is that it forces you to either use vampire knives and other ranged melee weapons, or not be a melee character. my point is, simple melee weapons like the sword get vastly overlooked, but some of us like to use it. also, i added the ranged and magic debuff as a tradeoff for the extra defense, which is neccesary for actual melee,as enemies deal tons of damage close up, i could remove it, but then people would call it OP. and since some people already say it's OP, and others say its too limited, that seems to suggest that its well balanced :p

"melee works well before pumpkin/frostmoon"

on normal mobs, yes. bosses, no. try killing plantera with a keybrand. youll get stomped and chomped. this armor gives you an OPTIONAL new playstyle, one that dominated the game before hardmode was introduced.

Last edited:
i actually have the same problem with summoner gear, its too weak to survive the moon events, and by your logic, the entire game is optional. the only 'restrictions' in terraria is that it forces you to either use vampire knives and other ranged melee weapons, or not be a melee character. my point is, simple melee weapons like the sword get vastly overlooked, but some of us like to use it. also, i added the ranged and magic debuff as a tradeoff for the extra defense, which is neccesary for actual melee,as enemies deal tons of damage close up, i could remove it, but then people would call it OP. and since some people already say it's OP, and others say its too limited, that seems to suggest that its well balanced :p

"melee works well before pumpkin/frostmoon"

on normal mobs, yes. bosses, no. try killing plantera with a keybrand. youll get stomped and chomped. this armor gives you an OPTIONAL new playstyle, one that dominated the game before hardmode was introduced.
Before HM was introduced, flails already existed. In fact, they were usually better than swords of the same tier both due to their mechanics and their longer range. And they didn´t even truly dominate the game, as the Phoenix Blaster, which is currently overpowered, was EVEN MORE powerful back then. In fact, the only reason it was anywhere near practical was because there were few ranged enemies back then.
As for killing Plantera with a Keybrand, you should know that, after a few tries, it is perfectly possible to literally kill it with a Copper Shortsword. In fact, someone already did that.
As for it suffesting that it is well-balanced, it actually means that it is both underpowered and overpowered, depending on the situation. It is underpowered because of the lack of proyectiles, and damage loss caused by it, which the defence doesn´t compensate. Specially against both Moon events, which often include enemies with ridiculous amounts of damage, and Duke Fishron, which can hit very quickly (In fact, without ranged attacks, it is nearly impossible to kill it in it´s second form due to it bing very maneouvrable), and overpowered because of the damage debuff, which means that it has no tanking abilities.

i consider flails to be melee weapons, as they have a maximum range, and they are connected to you by a chain. as for killing plantera with a copper shortsword, that's supposed to be a challenge, like dungeon guardians. you're not really supposed to do it in a normal playthrough. and what makes you think it has no tanking abilities? 100 defense helps with tanking. also, i just tried to kill plantera with a legendary keybrand, it did 110 damage, i had turtle gear, and i got squashed.

Last edited:
you still dont get my point. my point is, it uses projectiles. you have to start the fight with melee, but then it's ranged. also, you can just use a timer and slime statue to hurt enemies from far away. the reason i wanted this is so people could use melee without any projectiles whatsoever, because melee weapons shooting projectiles is kind of annoying to some people. also, if you just use THB, your defense is still limited.

you still dont get my point. my point is, it uses projectiles. you have to start the fight with melee, but then it's ranged. also, you can just use a timer and slime statue to hurt enemies from far away. the reason i wanted this is so people could use melee without any projectiles whatsoever, because melee weapons shooting projectiles is kind of annoying to some people. also, if you just use THB, your defense is still limited.
But your damage isn´t limited, and Beetle Armor can provide a lot of dafence.
If it were made just to use melee without proyectiles, as many others have pointed out, the loss of proyectiles FAR outweights the damage increase, even with a high defence.

no thanks, I'd rather my ultimate gear let ME choose how use my damage classes.

Maybe let the bars be crafted with Chlorophyte Bar + The ore and at a Lizhard furnace?
Other than that, great suggestion, me liek

quite honestly, im kinda sick of stuff crafted with chlorophyte. :p and thanks!

tmb:"
But your damage isn´t limited, and Beetle Armor can provide a lot of dafence.
If it were made just to use melee without proyectiles, as many others have pointed out, the loss of proyectiles FAR outweights the damage increase, even with a high defence." so do you think i should increase the melee damage? or should i increase melee speed?

scarecrow: "no thanks, I'd rather my ultimate gear let ME choose how use my damage classes." im not entirely sure what you mean there.

Back
Top Bottom