Weapons & Equip Fury Gear: True Melee Gear

Terra Blade dealing 198 base damage or 418 if you count every single time it can pierce.

Toplel.

added alternate attack style for fury blade, added fury battleaxe (and soon fury warhammer) changed the ranged and magic damage nerf to -40% instead of -70%. added true fury blade and mentioned the inspiration for the fury blade's texture.

changed the ranged and magic damage nerf to -40% instead of -70%

Should have changed it to a 0% nerf. Like, seriously. This is pretty much the only issue I see with this suggestion. No other armor nerfs the use of other weapons, beyond the lack of damage bonuses for it.

Should have changed it to a 0% nerf.

this armor is meant for people who want to get up-close in combat. for that, the defense needs to be high. if i didn't nerf damage, then rangers could use this to get tons of defense while safely shooting at enemies from afar.

And what's wrong with that? They would still have to choose between being defensive, or go full offensive with nearly 250% damage boost with full ranger setup and shroomite. The damage nerf absolutely removes that option.

And what's wrong with that? They would still have to choose between being defensive, or go full offensive with nearly 250% damage boost with full ranger setup and shroomite.

good point, but it still makes them almost invincible, and also, the main use for this armor is to allow people to fight up close, so it wouldn't make sense to use a ranged weapon anyway.

this armor is meant for people who want to get up-close in combat. for that, the defense needs to be high. if i didn't nerf damage, then rangers could use this to get tons of defense while safely shooting at enemies from afar.

So? They already lose a bunch of DPS from not having the damage bonuses of the 'correct' class armor. Why does it matter if they can tank some damage with melee armor? It's not like you can't already do that with, say, beetle or turtle.

good point, but it still makes them almost invincible, and also, the main use for this armor is to allow people to fight up close, so it wouldn't make sense to use a ranged weapon anyway.
Considering that Beetle Shell Armor is easily better, as long as you are a bit careful, the ranged/magic damage nerf would mean that the blade (In the first behavior) would be, in practice, it´s only use.

tmb: so if you want to wear melee armor and use a ranged/magic weapon, you can use beetle armor. if you want to attack with melee weapons up close, you can use fury armor. this is not meant to encompass all gameplay styles, but it's meant to encompass one that isn't really viable otherwise.

slayer: not entirely sure what you mean there, but the fury gear is designed to look somewhat like lihzard style stuff.

tmb: so if you want to wear melee armor and use a ranged/magic weapon, you can use beetle armor. if you want to attack with melee weapons up close, you can use fury armor. this is not meant to encompass all gameplay styles, but it's meant to encompass one that isn't really viable otherwise.

slayer: not entirely sure what you mean there, but the fury gear is designed to look somewhat like lihzard style stuff.
Well, look at the True Night's Edge and True Excalibur, as outer border on the sprite the got this rainbow-y lining going on, while the True Fury Sword has a pure yellow one.
I understand why it does, I just notice it and had to comment on it X3

N-No support.
Not only this armor gives -40% magic and ranged damage,but not only as LoM2 said,we have armor that does not give damage to every class,sure,but no armor should "punish" you from using ANY other class of damage.
I can fight Duke Fishron with a sniper rifle and beetle armor with the shell if i want.
Secondly,as said,you kill the greatest weapons in the game by removing their projectile.
The vampire knives shoot projectiles that lifesteal-but it's not a reason to "kill" it,OP for you or not.
There is people that say:"This weapon is so ****ing damn OP it should be removed",but more people think:"This weapon seems kinda OP for it's lifesteal,but atleast it's balanced",it means that we shouldn't kill any endgame weapon too.

Don't know why you're adding new ore and a new True weapon, or what you were talking about with the whole "that melee is not really melee" And I also don't get why Vampire Knives would be useless, you can still use them but not get the double damage buff. Also.... why the hell is this a PC exclusive... why!? Are you trying to chase all the melee classmen to PC? I don't even know why some things should even be exclusive!

Don't know why you're adding new ore and a new True weapon, or what you were talking about with the whole "that melee is not really melee" And I also don't get why Vampire Knives would be useless, you can still use them but not get the double damage buff. Also.... why the hell is this a PC exclusive... why!? Are you trying to chase all the melee classmen to PC? I don't even know why some things should even be exclusive!
He put the PC tag cause he didn't considered this as WIP.

Back
Top Bottom