Weapons & Equip Fury Gear: True Melee Gear

Damn, the "true fury sword" looks quite OP... basically, in PvP it's a 1-hit kill, as it is 150x2(set bonus)x2(double damage for players)x2(reforge and accesories)x2(easy crit)=1200...
Also, YES, the pumpkin moon would become easy as sh*t with this: the pumpking's attack of 50 is negated by the set... Simply drink some potions and set a mourning wood trap, dodging their occasional projectiles, maybe some hearth statues, and boom, easy wave 15.

If you optimize defense (a.k.a: if you have a brain), you can reach 180 defense. The mourning wood would then do 30 damages, which is low, very low when you prepare yourself a little bit.

I'm not gonna lie: I first thougt it said "Furry Armor" xP

But seriously, I do not know if I like this or not. It's true that we need more melee weapons that works like an actual melee weapon, but I do not know if this is the solution. I'd prefer swords without projectiles that has a ridiculously high base damage. Also, the Beetle Armor is technically also post-golem and pretty much way more balanced than this (100 defense and doubled damage for melee weapons? That's a bit too overpowered), so I don't think I can support this.

Damn, the "true fury sword" looks quite OP... basically, in PvP it's a 1-hit kill, as it is 150x2(set bonus)x2(double damage for players)x2(reforge and accesories)x2(easy crit)=1200...
Also, YES, the pumpkin moon would become easy as sh*t with this: the pumpking's attack of 50 is negated by the set... Simply drink some potions and set a mourning wood trap, dodging their occasional projectiles, maybe some hearth statues, and boom, easy wave 15.

If you optimize defense (a.k.a: if you have a brain), you can reach 180 defense. The mourning wood would then do 30 damages, which is low, very low when you prepare yourself a little bit.

so should i nerf the defense and modify the set bonus?

I'm not gonna lie: I first thougt it said "Furry Armor" xP

But seriously, I do not know if I like this or not. It's true that we need more melee weapons that works like an actual melee weapon, but I do not know if this is the solution. I'd prefer swords without projectiles that has a ridiculously high base damage. Also, the Beetle Armor is technically also post-golem and pretty much way more balanced than this (100 defense and doubled damage for melee weapons? That's a bit too overpowered), so I don't think I can support this.

i considered that, but i still want to use the terra blade. i've been revamping it, so what would you suggest to change it?

Last edited:
I agree with the concept and with some tweaking I think it could be a great addition. As previously noted the game as a whole must be considered. Perhaps as a way to balance it out.

1. 50% boost to Physical melee damage with a 25% decrease in melee speed for non projectile weapons/ 75% boost to physical melee damage at the cost of the projectile for melee weapons that would normally have one.

2. As far as the ranged/debuff Penalty, while I have no issue with it I'm afraid the it will have to be scrapped to be widely accepted. It is completely out of character for terraria and most won't accept it regardless of any reasoning you may come up with.

Brilliant idea and I applaud you sticking to it regardless of negative reactions. This is just my opinion and should be treated as such.

I agree with the concept and with some tweaking I think it could be a great addition. As previously noted the game as a whole must be considered. Perhaps as a way to balance it out.

1. 50% boost to Physical melee damage with a 25% decrease in melee speed for non projectile weapons/ 75% boost to physical melee damage at the cost of the projectile for melee weapons that would normally have one.

2. As far as the ranged/debuff Penalty, while I have no issue with it I'm afraid the it will have to be scrapped to be widely accepted. It is completely out of character for terraria and most won't accept it regardless of any reasoning you may come up with.

Brilliant idea and I applaud you sticking to it regardless of negative reactions. This is just my opinion and should be treated as such.

thanks! i'll make some changes to the armor so its hopefully a little more balanced. and thanks to everyone for discussing this politely and providing constructive criticism to help me improve it.

Last edited:
Also maybe instead of a new ore. Perhaps shroomite bars mixed with a Fury Core that drops from a underworld version of an ice golem or an enemy of that type only harder

Also maybe instead of a new ore. Perhaps shroomite bars mixed with a Fury Core that drops from a underworld version of an ice golem or an enemy of that type only harder

i don't really like the idea of getting a material from a mob, because then you get a bunch that you'll never use and can sell for a good amount of money. with mining, it encourages the player to mine and explore, and with getting it from a boss/miniboss you can make farms for it, which i don't want for this armor.

Back
Top Bottom