Video Fury Plays Super Mario Bros 1 - a Custom Map by Architect

Fury

Lunatic Cultist
Heya guys and gals!
I'm currently playing through @Architect 's brilliant Super Mario Bros. 1 custom map (Download here: http://www.curse.com/maps/terraria/super-mario-bros-1) and I'll be posting every episode in this thread as I finish them. I hope you guys enjoy it! I'm hoping that my parkour skills have improved after playing through Echoes of the Lost World - even though I think these maps use completely different styles of parkour...oh well!

Episode One: World 1

Last edited:
That's a fun map that Architect built. I kept wanting you to jump and bonk your head on the gold blocks like Mario to release a fire flower or star, ha.

Lol, yeah...I actually almost did on the first one, heh. I'm sure there is a pretty good chance of me doing that during this playthrough. I've been playing a lot of Mario, Megaman and Castlevania lately...

You should tell @Architect he needs to fix his level entry mechanism. If you close the striped candy cane bar that starts each level behind you, you generally turn of the timers used to power ALL the statues and traps in that level, and the levels (especially the dungeons ones) become a breeze.

I also have been working on a death counter, if he feels like getting into touch with me about that.

Yeah, I know it is pretty easy to cheat the levels and turn off all the wiring right at the start. That "3D" house is almost finished, btw. I've been working on it a lot lately, except it is now part of a big project and not just the single build. I'll let you know when it's finished.

I think I know this map from somewhere.

You should tell @Architect he needs to fix his level entry mechanism. If you close the striped candy cane bar that starts each level behind you, you generally turn of the timers used to power ALL the statues and traps in that level, and the levels (especially the dungeons ones) become a breeze.

I also have been working on a death counter, if he feels like getting into touch with me about that.
I've avoided making this change the to the levers since I would have to slice up the land to add distance. I plan on retouching all the prior maps once again after both of my Mega Man maps have been created. This time I might actually do it.

I won't need a death counter unless I choose to create a custom Mario adventure even harder than Lost Levels.

I've avoided making this change the to the levers since I would have to slice up the land to add distance. I plan on retouching all the prior maps once again after both of my Mega Man maps have been created. This time I might actually do it.

Mega Man Map? Sounds exciting!

With the introduction of Target Dummies and their ghost entities in 1.3, it would be now possible to automate level entry (no lever). Dummy ghosts only spawn when the player approaches its statue in a 100 tile box radius. So with careful Target Dummy placement and a simple non-toggle initiation mechanism, you could have an elegant solution to that problem.

I won't need a death counter unless I choose to create a custom Mario adventure even harder than Lost Levels.

Oh... okay. :)

Back
Top Bottom