NPCs & Enemies Galactic Peril - Final Boss Suggestion

What Should Galactic Peril's Name Be?

• Total voters
If anyone has any suggestions please post them here. I will consider your suggestion well studying the pros and cons. If your suggestion does get added I will ask you if you would like to be in the special thanks. If you would for some reason like your suggestion to be private you can start a conversation with me.

The title of this post is "Galactic Peril - Final Boss Suggestion" ._.
You realize just because it is a Final Boss doesnt mean it is Cthulhu related. I see how you would get mixed up, it says to not do Final, Whole or Complete Cthulhu Boss. See my boss isnt related to Cthulhu in any way.

Wdym? Hes not doing any of that. Its a mod/concept.
Thanks for answering the question for me well I wasnt present.

Not to be that guy but...

Player Suggestions: Rules & Guidelines:
Do not create any suggestions for a final, whole, or complete Cthulhu boss.
Hi there @|.Terrarian.|, I understand that you were trying to help out, but it is much preferred if, when you think there may be a rules violation, that you use the Report button and let the forum staff take a look at it instead of trying to address it yourself. Thanks for trying to look out though. :)

For the record, so far this suggestion abiding by forum rules.

Hi there @|.Terrarian.|, I understand that you were trying to help out, but it is much preferred if, when you think there may be a rules violation, that you use the Report button and let the forum staff take a look at it instead of trying to address it yourself. Thanks for trying to look out though. :)

For the record, so far this suggestion abiding by forum rules.
My mistake, I saw there was another similar post about a "True Ending" with a final boss and perhaps it just put me on edge.

As far as final ending suggestions go, this is pretty good.

Also, I know I'm being a bit of a hypocrite, but it'd look nice if the images had transparent backgrounds.

Another thing, I'd love to see you make use of the tables feature (Below). It would make the whole thing nicer and easier to read. But it's your choice.

TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST

As far as final ending suggestions go, this is pretty good.

Also, I know I'm being a bit of a hypocrite, but it'd look nice if the images had transparent backgrounds.

Another thing, I'd love to see you make use of the tables feature (Below). It would make the whole thing nicer and easier to read. But it's your choice.

TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
TEST TEST
Firstly, thank you.

I am actually working on that but my tech is all messed up right now so I cant attach files or even make them have them have the clear background.

Where would you like for me to put the tables. I dont know what you would like to be done with them.

On a seprate note, if you have any questions please ask away.

Still having some tech difficulties. My PC broke so I have to do this from mobile.

Remeber though, anyone can make a suggestion to me.

This boss also reuses too many attacks from elsewhere in the game for my liking, but that's just personal preference. Also this boss seems too fast paced for the moon lord's theme, use Ocram/Queen Bee's theme instead.
I have asked before and I will ask again, where else did you see these attacks or similar?

Also I have already stated that he follows Ocram's theme. Just a question though, does it seem like it follows Ocram's theme?
Also he kind of follows Ocram's theme as well, Summons Minions, Charges, Fires Projectiles.

I got rid of the crazy Master Mode part. It's a lot better now. Also I put in two Support Banners.

I have asked before and I will ask again, where else did you see these attacks or similar?

Also I have already stated that he follows Ocram's theme. Just a question though, does it seem like it follows Ocram's theme?
Okay, I thought you had meant by the way they attack, not the theme. I have already switched the theme so we are good.

Seriously though, where do you see these attacks?

I got a idea for this boss one day and I have now thought more of it through but it still may should weird. Here is the best way I can describe it.

November 24 2019
I am open to suggestions if anyone has any. If I accept them then I will put the username of the person that suggested it in a special thanks section.

November 25 2019
Added shockwave attack. Also replaced any Ancient Visions with Ancient Demons (Boss's Minion) or Ancient Curse (Projectile).
All fireballs changed to Enchanted Fireballs. Added new additional Ancient Curse Attack. Changed the Galactic Wyvern slightly.
Put up poll. The attack(s) that get the most votes will be added to Galactic Peril.
Added what happens in master mode
Organized and added special thanks.

November 26 2019
Added drops
Increased organization. Added expert mode drops. Added new attack.

November 27 2019
Added a shadowflame Pillar attack to Master Mode.

November 30 2019
Changed pulse attack according to suggestion
Added Armor according to suggestion (changed from suggestion by 1 element)

December 4 2019
Added Sprite for boss
Added winning attacks
Added Sprite for Galactic Wyvern

December 6 2019
Added Trophy with Sprite

December 8 2019
Edited Boss and Trophy Sprites. Enhanced the color and changed the lighting.
Added new Expert Mode attack.
Made all Expert Mode functions also happen in Master Mode.
Ancient Demon Sprite added
Changed poll from "New Attack" to "New Name"

December 10 2019
Edited Boss Sprite. Made the boss's crystal look more like the new crystal on the Trophy.
Moved Changelog to main post
Added Old/Unused Sprites section
Fixed minor grammar mistakes
Made news post

December 17 2019
Added @4X3L to special thanks
Added "My Sprite/Suggestion Team" to special thanks
Changed Ancient Demon Sprite
Adjusted Special Thanks and Old/Unused Sprites to fit with the previous action
Fixed Typos

December 18 2019
Added a new Master Mode exclusive form
Added Master Mode Drops
Fixed Typos

December 21 2019
Fixed a mistake in the Special Thanks
Fixed Changelog Typos

December 30 2019
Updated Special Thanks according to name changes

December 31
Changed the Sprite/Suggestion Team part of Special Thanks to have what the people do
Updated Old/Unused Sprites to compensate for the following planed move
Switch Ancient Demon Sprite from @ShadeDB 's to a combination of @A2 's speed and his amazing aura along with @ShadeDB 's Fine tuned art.
Update Special Thanks according to previous changes
Added the amazing Ancient Demon Sprite back in! The reason is a glitch removed it.

January 1 2020
Replaced Souls of Galaxies with Souls of Galactic Might

January 4 2020
Added Sprites for the Ancient Curse, Light Cyan Fireball, Electric Orb and Galactic Sigil
Added @Bry-ccentric to the Sprites part of the Special Thanks and update his job
Added Boss Music

January 5 2020
No longer drops Galactic Star in Master Mode
Now has a Master Mode drop

February 1 2020
Updated @Pebs the Arcane ζλξθ's name
Fixed typos in Changelog

March 12 2020
Removed Moon Lord weapons from drop table
Removed Souls of Galactic Might
Changed Armor Recipe

March 31 2020
Removed the spammy parts of Master Mode
Altered the Galactic Deathray
Added Armor Sprite
Updated Special Thanks

April 3 2020
Added Support Baners 1 and 2
Updated Special Thanks

The Boss
Summoned by:
Galactic Sigil View attachment 232980
Recipe:​
  • 1 Celestial Sigil
  • 20 Luminite Bars
  • 7 Nebula Fragments
  • 7 Solar Fragments
  • 7 Vortex Fragments
  • 7 Stardust Fragments

Appearance and Transitions:
View attachment 231159
First Form: Left, Second Form: Right
Transition between first and second form:
First the crystal shatters
Then then Galactic Peril compacts into a tight ball

Second Form Stuff:
When it pulses (one of it's attacks) it gets bigger than smaller again

Cause of Transition:
Defeat the crystal to make Galactic Peril go into it's second form.

Attacks:
First Form:
Galactic Peril cycles through these attacks:
  • The crystal fires two two block lasers
  • Summons eight Enchanted Fireballs (Homing and inflicts Frostburn) and shoots them in random directions
  • Summons a blue orb that travels through blocks and inflicts Electrified View attachment 232984
  • Goes directly above a player and fires down nine Cursed fireballs that explode when they hit a block
  • Goes closer to a player and fires two Ancient Curses (a explosive orb that inflicts Cursed) View attachment 232982
  • Goes above player and fires one Ancient Curse (a explosive orb that inflicts Cursed) View attachment 232982
  • Fires a laser directly down, the laser is called the Galactic Deathray (similar to Martian Deathray)
Second Form:
Galactic Peril cycles through these attacks
  • Pulses sending out damaging wave across the whole screen (can be blocked by solid blocks)
  • Charges at the player inflicting ichor and cursed flames
  • Summons ten Enchanted Fireballs (Homing and Inflicts Frostburn) and shoots them in random directions
  • Summons a blue orb that travels through blocks and inflicts Electrified View attachment 232984
  • Goes directly above a player and fires down five Cursed fireballs and five streams of ichor
  • Goes closer to a player and summons four Ancient Demons (stats of Ancient Demon determined by devs)Sprite:View attachment 232655
  • Goes to the right of a player and releases 7 shockwaves
  • Goes closer to player and fires four Ancient Curses (a explosive orb that inflicts Cursed) View attachment 232982
  • Summons a portal above the player that fires a streak of lightning in the direction of the player, the attack is called Lightning Portal.
  • Fires a bolt of lightning at the player that shoots random Ancient Light, the attack is called Ancient Lightning
Expert Mode:
In Expert Mode Galactic Peril will summon one Galactic Wyvern at the beginning of the fight. If the first Galactic Wyvern is killed by the time Galactic Peril reaches it's second form then another Galactic Wyvern will spawn. If the Galactic Wyvern is killed well Galactic Peril is in it's second form one will always replace it.
Galactic Wyverns deal contact damage as well as fires burst of Ancient Light.
Galactic Wyvern Sprite:
View attachment 230806
Can also summon light cyan orb of fire View attachment 232983. This orb will inflict Shadowflame, On Fire!, Burning, Frostburn, Ichor and Cursed Flames.

Master Mode:
In Master Mode Galactic Peril will summon 5 Galactic Dooms at the beginning of the fight. Galactic Dooms circle the player occasionally charging at the player. They also fire bursts of Ancient Light and fire two Ancient Curses at once. They can also shoot a yellow-green orb that inflicts both Ichor and Cursed Flames. Every once and a while they will shoot lasers in random directions. They can be killed until there are 2 left and then are invulnerable until the 2nd Form.
New attack: Summons two shadowflame pillars on either side of the player and then sucks them in and onto the player inflict the shadowflame debuff for 10 minutes.
Expert Mode functions also happen in Master Mode on top of the Master Mode things.
Once Galactic Peril's health hits zero he does not die. Instead he goes back up to 10,000 hp and turns into a blue and green version of the Lunatic Cultist. Attacks coming soon

Drops:
  • Essences of Galactic Beings [30-60]
  • Galactic Peril Treasure Bag
    • Galactic Star
    • Galactic Omega
One of the Following Weapons must drop
Stats on this page: Link
  • Galactic Mace
  • Tome of Ancient Curses
  • Astronom Bow
  • Staff of Creation
10% Chance to drop
  • Galactic Peril Trophy [1]
View attachment 231005

Music: Galactic Peril: Link

The health and damage of the boss gets to be decided by the devs if they choose to add it.

Special Thanks

Suggestions:

Sprites:

My Sprite/Suggestion Team

Support Banners

View attachment 252779
Support Banner 1: Support Banner With New Demon, Galactic Wyvern, Galactic Peril, and Trophy

View attachment 252780
Support Banner 2: Smaller Support Banner with Old Demon
Sounds awsome! 😄

Seriously though, where do you see these attacks?
I'm really not sure where I saw them (it was quite a while ago already), but after rereading them, I actually really like this boss now :D

My only suggestions are to make the ancient demons and ancient wyverns more unique, just because the ancient demons probably aren't going to be a problem at all if you leave them like normal demons, and we already have enough generic worms in the game.

Reactions: Bry
I'm really not sure where I saw them (it was quite a while ago already), but after rereading them, I actually really like this boss now :D

My only suggestions are to make the ancient demons and ancient wyverns more unique, just because the ancient demons probably aren't going to be a problem at all if you leave them like normal demons, and we already have enough generic worms in the game.
They act like Red Devils not demons, I just forgot to mention it. What do you suggest I do about the Galactic Wyverns?

They act like Red Devils not demons, I just forgot to mention it. What do you suggest I do about the Galactic Wyverns?
Red devils aren’t really that unique either, and their projectiles are still easy to dodge.
Maybe give Galactic Wyverns a projectile or make them an actual dragon enemy?

Red devils aren’t really that unique either, and their projectiles are still easy to dodge.
Maybe give Galactic Wyverns a projectile or make them an actual dragon enemy?
There not easy to dodge when there are this many projectiles flying at you. Remember Ancient Demons are part of normal mode.
The Galactic Wyverns fire bursts of Ancient Light. Oh by the way there is some reused attacks, the Ancient Light is a LC attack. The Ichor stream is used by Ichor Stickers already, but that is it

Back
Top Bottom