tModLoader Gambler NPC

Do you like the mod?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Graydee

The Destroyer
They say gambling is the sport of kings...

Hello all, It's Graydee with another small mod. This time adding a new NPC:
The gamber!
Gambler.png

The gambler will spawn in your town if you have 1 gold or more, and sells 4 different "Coin boxes"
CopperChest.png
Copper chest, 10 silver
SilverChest.png
Silver Lockbox, 50 silver
GoldChest.png
Gold Coffer, 5 gold
PlatinumChest.png
Platinum Strongbox, 50 gold

Each box is sold for an increasing amount of money, but once bought, can be "opened" by right-clicking them, to get a random amount of money.
Each box yields an average of very slightly less than it's worth, but you can still strike a jackpot or 2!

Also, the gold and platinum coin boxes may cointain other goodies, like defender metals.

Download:
Version 0.1

TreeLeaner, from discord, for the initial idea.
Some Schmo, for spriting everything
@Bla2e , for the gambler sprite

Thanks for checking it out. Leave any ideas or critisisms in the comments

Last edited:
Cool idea! The tax collector really was never an efficient way of making money. (Although, admittedly, this one is... well, gambling.)

All the coding is done for the mod, I can release as soon as the NPC himself gets sprited

Amazing, any plans on further content? I've always thought it would be nice for an NPC to sell an "ore bag(or box)" that has 1-100 of a random ore, so if you're extremely lucky (.001%) you could get something like luminite (providing the moon lord has been killed) or you could get 1 copper ore.

Anyway, thanks for satiating my gambling needs!

Loving the mod so far -- the NPC's sprite looks great as well!

Amazing, any plans on further content? I've always thought it would be nice for an NPC to sell an "ore bag(or box)" that has 1-100 of a random ore, so if you're extremely lucky (.001%) you could get something like luminite (providing the moon lord has been killed) or you could get 1 copper ore.

Anyway, thanks for satiating my gambling needs!
Agreed. Something like the 'rusted box' from the Expeditions Mod would be perfect here. My problem with rusted boxes is that they were entirely too random/OP in that you could get literally *anything* from vanilla Terraria and/or any items from mods you have installed. But I'd love to see something similar offered here if at all possible.

Loving the mod so far -- the NPC's sprite looks great as well!

Agreed. Something like the 'rusted box' from the Expeditions Mod would be perfect here. My problem with rusted boxes is that they were entirely too random/OP in that you could get literally *anything* from vanilla Terraria and/or any items from mods you have installed. But I'd love to see something similar offered here if at all possible.
Yup, I got Earth from Calamity super early game when I had Expeditions installed, basically plowed through easy mode + most of hardmode. Something similar with some balance would be fantastic.

hi just want to tell that your mod is really well made... i mean..
first thing i do : gamble some 50silver and win 3 time in a row 3 gold.
i said to myself...its a bug! i will do many more gold.... lose 1...oh ok...its just that i am lucky lets continue....gamble more...ok i lose 2 ...ok
i can get my money back ...lets buy some copper....i lose EVERYTHING.. well made....+1 for this mod :p

Back
Top Bottom