PS4 Game Breaking Bug

I absolutely love Terraria and have been enjoying it for years now however recently every time I make a new world and character they keep deleting themselves. I'll start playing in a new world on a new character for several hours and save and quit only for me to get on later and see both the character and world have disappeared. I've been encountering this glitch with nearly every single world and character I've created within the past few days with the issue seeming to occur at random with only the character or the world being deleted at times instead of both whereas other times both will be completely deleted and if I try to delete a world or character myself and get off of Terraria, I'll come back later to see the character and world are back even though I fully deleted them. Ontop of these issues I was playing for a while in a friends multiplayer world and everything was fine with joining their world until I got on today and all of my map date for the world was gone as if it was deleted. I'm not sure what could be causing these issues but it's making it impossible for me to even play as every bit of progress I make is deleted after closing the application. I love Terraria and am enjoying all of the new content with 1.4 and really hope this issue can be fixed soon though I have no idea what could be causing these issues and am not the only one experiencing them. Several friends have also had characters and worlds completely deleted with no explanation and their map data cleared on worlds that they play on daily.

Try favoriting the characters and worlds before you play. I don't know if this is possible on console, but cloud save them too(if you can). If none of this works, try reinstalling terraria. This used to happen to me too(but on a laptop). After 2 months, the issue stopped. I was able to play the game on my pc tho. Try resetting the console or something. I know this doesn't really help, but there's at least a small chance this will work.

Back
Top Bottom