PS4 Game Crash (ps4)

The map visibility file is what is causing the problem. I downloaded my cloud saves then deleted my 2525.map visibility file and boom could save like a charm. Whatever was added in that patch messed with the map

Good advice. I went into the system storage on my PS4 and deleted the .map files. So far it's not crashing anymore. If it does I'll let you know.

Just sucks as map visibility and exploration is a giant part of the game. Had a lot of my large map unlocked so go a hold on to my cloud data

If you don't want to delete anything just start a new small world and try to get the opposite of what you have for corruption or crimson depending on what you have on the other world, should still be able to use the same character and use bank/safe if have anything in those.

At least till they patch it so older map data don't crash the game while saving.

while trying to get the opposite corruption or crimson might need to try a few times and delete ones that aren't what you want or try to name the world what you want it to be. like corruption world or crimson world add a number if you need to.

Would backing up those files then start up the world play for a while save and exit and see if you can restore those files?

Last edited:
We have addressed this bug internally.

We're working on getting this submitted as a hotfix ASAP. I'll let you guys know once it has been submitted.

Back
Top Bottom