Game Crash/Wont start

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by Jake1023, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Jake1023

Jake1023 Terrarian

Terraria wont start. If i click the desktop shortcut it says preparing to launch terraria, but it never launches the game, so i tried going to my steam library and starting it from there. Before i click it it says ready to play. When i click it it changes from "ready to play" to "running" to "ready to play" again, and it still doesn't launch. Please help!!

Attached Files:

2. Jake1023

Jake1023 Terrarian

Please help!! I dont know what do do

3. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

@Jake1023

Please do not double post on Threads. If you have more to add to your Thread and no other members have posted yet, we ask that you use the edit button.

I'll ask this question about your issue to start out with. Are you trying to run the GOG version of the game? It looks like you are on Terraria version 1.3.2 from your Report. And Terraria is currently on the 1.3.5.3 version. I would recommend updating to the current version of Terraria from GOG as it will be easier for the Team to support and troubleshoot this issue from there.

The Re-Logic Development team also does not work generally on weekends, so it may take time for them to get back to your issue.

4. newellben10

newellben10 Terrarian

ive had the same problem open the propeties of terraria right clikc it and try running it from there it worked for me

5. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

@Jake1023, if you are still encountering this issue, we need you to try and get us an error log from the game. This is a slightly complicated process, so here are the steps to follow:

1. Restart your computer so this can all be attempted on a fresh slate
    2. Open your Steam Library
    3. In the library, right click on Terraria and open "Properties"
    4. Select the "Set Launch Options" button
    5. In the resulting window, copy and paste the following text and then press okay
    -logerrors -logfile
    6. Launch Terraria so that the failure to launch can occur
    7. Go to Documents\My Games\Terraria\Logs
    8. In this folder should be a log file; please attach this to your next response with the "Upload a File" button

If you do this, we can take a look at exactly at what is causing the issue. :)

Aurora3500 likes this.