PS4 Game crashes/freezes constantly on new 1.3 worlds

Elf

Terrarian
I’ve seen other reports on this page of similar problems, but this is slightly different.
Whenever I create a new 1.3 world, the game freezes. This can happen as fast as 10 seconds after entering, or as long as 10 minutes. I don’t lose much progress, but it becomes frustrating as I have to constantly restart the game.
Is this fixable? Any suggestions?

I’ve seen other reports on this page of similar problems, but this is slightly different.
Whenever I create a new 1.3 world, the game freezes. This can happen as fast as 10 seconds after entering, or as long as 10 minutes. I don’t lose much progress, but it becomes frustrating as I have to constantly restart the game.
Is this fixable? Any suggestions?
Hi @Elf, welcome to the forums. :merchantsmile:

After it freezes and you restart, does it then play nice (no more freezing)? I’d suggest a reinstall of the game. Make sure you’ve saved all the characters and worlds that you care about first onto a usb drive, as all local worlds will be deleted permanently.

If it still freezes after the reinstall, I’d suggest sending in all your information straight to Pipeworks (the console developers) at their bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

I wanted to say I have a very game breaking bug at the moment. Anytime I try to create a new world, it loads forever and freezes. So I can't make any new worlds. Anyone know a fix?

I wanted to say I have a very game breaking bug at the moment. Anytime I try to create a new world, it loads forever and freezes. So I can't make any new worlds. Anyone know a fix?
Try reinstalling the game. Make sure you create a backup of all the characters and worlds that you care about first. If you’re on PS4 I’d recommend copying the characters and worlds onto usb drive.

Try reinstalling the game. Make sure you create a backup of all the characters and worlds that you care about first. If you’re on PS4 I’d recommend copying the characters and worlds onto usb drive.

Now, if I do this, will it save the hours played on my character? I have quite some time on him.

Alright, Thank you
Now, if I do this, will it save the hours played on my character? I have quite some time on him.
I really don't want to lose my progress
If you make a copy of your characters and worlds correctly onto a usb drive, you shouldn’t lose any progress.

Have you tried making a new world using a new character? Also, what if you create a new world using a different account.

If you make a copy of your characters and worlds correctly onto a usb drive, you shouldn’t lose any progress.

Have you tried making a new world using a new character? Also, what if you create a new world using a different account.

Alright, I can't make any new characters either, that's part of the problem

Alright, I can't make any new characters either, that's part of the problem
No new characters either? Yuck. If it were me I’d backup the characters and worlds that I cared about on usb and then reinstall. It’s up to you though.

Back
Top Bottom