PS4 Game Crashes when doing Frost Moon event.

fisheye11

Terrarian
I'v tried doing 3 Frost Moon events. All ending up crashing my game around round 12. I'v never had my game crash any other time.

Is there anything I can do to help prevent the game from crashing? Is this apart of the incoming patch to fix various things? If the latter, I'll just save my event spawning items until after the patch releases.

EDIT: I was able to complete one after the 5th try. Even then the game was freezing up. But eventually continued on.

While I'm here; WTF is even the Pumpkin Moon event? I got up to wave 18 and got spawn camped by the Pumpkings and Morning Woods.(there was like 5 to 10 of each one) Was annoying, but very fun. Also the game didn't freeze up at all for the Pumpkin Moon event.

Last edited:
This is the first time I've heard of Frost Moon crashing. I have played that extensively and never had any problems, but I'm on Xbox. Maybe that matters.
I suggest you report this to Pipeworks though their bug reporting form. Please include info about your equipment, dyes and such (you can make a screenshot with your inventory open and attach it to this thread).
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

I'v tried doing 3 Frost Moon events. All ending up crashing my game around round 12. I'v never had my game crash any other time.

Is there anything I can do to help prevent the game from crashing? Is this apart of the incoming patch to fix various things? If the latter, I'll just save my event spawning items until after the patch releases.

EDIT: I was able to complete one after the 5th try. Even then the game was freezing up. But eventually continued on.

While I'm here; WTF is even the Pumpkin Moon event? I got up to wave 18 and got spawn camped by the Pumpkings and Morning Woods.(there was like 5 to 10 of each one) Was annoying, but very fun. Also the game didn't freeze up at all for the Pumpkin Moon event.
That’s interesting that you were able to get through one without crashing. Was there anything different that happened with that one? Did you use different weapon, armor, pet, dyes, arena? Are you playing single player or multiplayer (local or online)? I agree with r4v1n6, I’d recommend sending in as much detail as possible using the developer’s bug report form.

As for the Pumpkin Moon, haha, yes the final wave (wave 15) just sends tons of Pumpkings and Mourning Wood. The spamming doesn’t end until morning arrives at 4:30am.

I didn't change anything when I was finally able to complete the event. I'll be sure to follow the link provided and send a screen shot of my inventory/gear when I was doing the event. As well as specifics about being offline/solo etc.

I found it weird that I'v spent around 200 hours playing, and this event is the only time I experienced the crashes.

Thank you for the link for the developer's bug report form.

Back
Top Bottom