Game Crashes when saving/auto saving - 1.4.4.1

I've been experiencing the same problem as original poster. As far as I can tell, bug is from the newest windows update. ONLY happens after updating inventory, accessories, or anything that actually "changes" if that makes sense. Servers and multiplayer both affected. While autosaving is disabled, the game doesn't crash after death but it does randomly crash... Deleting config.json doesn't work, verifying integrity doesn't work, opening exe (and running exe as admin) doesn't work. Any moderators looking for more information, please message me on discord @ɿɘʞɒm bɒ|ɒꙅ#0808

thank you in advance

Also having random crash issues. Here is my crash log. I've tried it with and without cloud saving activated

Attachments

• Log_20221004143528745.log
    4.8 KB · Views: 32
I fixed it by editing the config.json file, lines: (UseRazerRGB, UseCorsairRGB, UseLogitechRGB, UseSteelSeriesRGB) true to false, the game not crash again. I have a logitech mouse and a razer keyboard, I dont know if it has something to do with it, but I can play for now.

I posted a thread a couple days ago about this, and got directed here for further guidance. Three things I noticed last night:

1) I played for hours without issue with a new character and a new Constant world (i.e. both generated in 1.4.4.2), but after I took that new character to a pre-1.4.4 Constant world to grab something, my game crashed with the same error we all keep getting in our logs (Exception: System.IO.IOException: The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2) after I returned to the new world and died to an explosive trap underground. Before I went to the old world with the new character, the new character had died... um, a lot... in the new world without any crashes.

2) Now that I think of it, I remember my crashes happening right as the game's announced something to me in the lower-left of the screen (e.g. Goblin Tinkerer moving in, death text from the explosive trap). Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

3) After the explosive trap crash, I tried the multiplayer workaround (Steam multiplayer disabled, password-locked), to great success... the funny thing was, Windows Defender Firewall blocked the outgoing connection, so my "multiplayer" game never made it online. But hey — if it lets me enjoy the update while we wait, I'm not complaining.
wow same, traps, death, bomb, or TNT could make crashes, I've been noticing it for a while... so it could be TNT, or bombs, a big change in our worlds I think

I fixed it by editing the config.json file, lines: (UseRazerRGB, UseCorsairRGB, UseLogitechRGB, UseSteelSeriesRGB) true to false, the game not crash again. I have a logitech mouse and a razer keyboard, I dont know if it has something to do with it, but I can play for now.
Hmm, those lines don't exist in my config.json and I have both k/b and mouse from razer...

Please try the secret steam beta with the code AutoSavesTheWorld
Tested for a little under 3 hours. Not a single crash. Did some slight multiplayer testing too, things seem fine.

Though, fairly enough, the testing I did with the exe fix stopped working the next day due to new updates from w11. I'd like to be optimistic about it though, so hopefully it sticks, and maybe some others have tested and share the same level of success consistently.

A potential fix for this issue was applied in patch 1.4.4.4. Thank you for confirming it has worked!

Back
Top Bottom