PS4 Game crashes when trying to download worlds from cloud saves

@Moon-lord @Roczilla @Gabriel Figueredo Nunes @dashy68875
If you're still having problems with the game crashing while attempting to download cloud saves, are you doing trying to download while in the game?

Here is the way to download the cloud saves while you are out of the game, perhaps it will work. You DO need PS+ for this:
upload_2018-1-30_9-41-24.png

I'm sure they were talking about the cross-save feature from ps3, ps vita and ps4 where all saves could be shared but as of right now there is no upload on ps4 anymore and the game crashes anytime you press R1 to download to even check if there is anything even there.

And how would this download even work now does it download to the same slot or can you chose where it goes.

I'm sure they were talking about the cross-save feature from ps3, ps vita and ps4 where all saves could be shared but as of right now there is no upload on ps4 anymore and the game crashes anytime you press R1 to download to even check if there is anything even there.

And how would this download even work now does it download to the same slot or can you chose where it goes.
If the download while in the game doesn’t work, it’s worth a try to download while out of the game, if you’ve got PS+.

If the download while in the game doesn’t work, it’s worth a try to download while out of the game, if you’ve got PS+.
Well, most players likely only used that cross-save feature as a back-up and didn't use PS+ online storage or USB Drives and I use PS+ and like 2-3 USB Drives and I alternate between I never back up to the same device, only to the one that has the older date/time showing.

If they ever used Rest Mode there might be something on PS+ online storage that is if the Save Auto-Upload and other options were set to upload while in Rest Mode if it is set don't ever use it twice in a row, and I think a lot of players don't even try to back-save with any of their games but backing-up save should be a standard practice.

Because what if there is a power outage while a game is saving or some other incident that we can't control could cause a power outage or even if a console gets accidentally unplugged somehow and we could end up with corrupt data, or if a PSN accounts get hacked and even if ever get the account back ps+ online storage saves could be deleted by the hacker so even might not be safe to only use PS+ so USB Drives are needed and I just saying some of some of the worst-case scenarios with game saves!

I've been using cross save to back up my game data between PS3 PS4 and Vita, which is outside of the normal cloud save of the actual game data. When my PS4 save got converted and I was unhappy with it, I decided to just used the last Cross Save save. That's what I think is happening here. The game can see I have PS3 characters and download them all, but downloading the worlds crashes the game.

I’ve figured out that when you are affected by the world overwrite dupe glitch, it even downlaods the world that was written on top of your original world, so even trying to download it with that method doesn’t work when you have that glitch affecting the world you want to download.

I’ve figured out that when you are affected by the world overwrite dupe glitch, it even downlaods the world that was written on top of your original world, so even trying to download it with that method doesn’t work when you have that glitch affecting the world you want to download.

That makes no sense at all, anything you download if it doesn't crash that is the downloads should only be there from, ps4, ps vita or ps4 before you got the patch. and for the ps4 there are no more cross-save upload options,

The way downloading worked before whatever slot of the world was upload it stay that slot, like Slot 1>Stays Slot 1 and if you delete Slot 1 and make a new world in Slot 1 and tried to download Slot 1 The Slot 1 would overwrite Slot 1! I don't know how it would work now cause I can't even check downloads. but I don't really care I've gotten the worlds/characters I needed,

Last edited:
That makes no sense at all, anything you download if it doesn't crash should only be there from, ps4, ps vita or ps4 before you got the patch. and for the ps4 there are no more cross-save upload options, and they way download worked before whatever slot of the world you upload, like Slot 1>Stays Slot 1 and if you delete Slot 1 and make a new world in Slot 1 and tried to download Slot 1 The Slot 1 would overwrite Slot 1! I don't know how it would work now cause i cant even check downloads. but I don't really care i've gotten the worlds/characters i needed,
I don’t even know but when I went into the playstation settings to get the worlds from the save files, I found the exact world that was overwritten, downloaded it, went back into terraria, and when I entered the world, it was the world that was written on top of my original world. I don’t believe it should’ve been saved into the thing at all, I guess when it saved after I left the world it saved it on to the files. I don’t know how all of this works completely but that’s what isn’t going on with my game.

I don’t even know but when I went into the playstation settings to get the worlds from the save files, I found the exact world that was overwritten, downloaded it, went back into terraria, and when I entered the world, it was the world that was written on top of my original world. I don’t believe it should’ve been saved into the thing at all, I guess when it saved after I left the world it saved it on to the files. I don’t know how all of this works completely but that’s what isn’t going on with my game.
That is PS+ Online Storage not cross-save, and if you used Reset Mode with auto-upload save data it will overwrite save data... Or you uploaded it after it was overwritten and just didn't' notice before it was too late...

And you can pick and chose what game saves are auto-uploaded.

Last edited:
When I try to download characters they come up. But with worlds it does the same as you, it loads for a bit but then suddenly crashes. I'm wondering what this is as one of my worlds from ps3 didn't convert when the update came out, so I uploaded it again and it just crashes.:zombie:

When I try to download characters they come up. But with worlds it does the same as you, it loads for a bit but then suddenly crashes. I'm wondering what this is as one of my worlds from ps3 didn't convert when the update came out, so I uploaded it again and it just crashes.:zombie:

If you can upload all possible worlds and try to download again after checking to see if there are signs, gravestones, and maybe even chests named with special characters, and should also check other worlds that were possible uploaded with signs, gravestone, maybe even named chests with special characters, and just remove the special characters and for the gravestones just remove those. and the checking of other worlds is because it could be more than 1 uploaded ps3 world that is causing this!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom