PC Game crashing While in friends server

Toothyman

Terrarian
Whenever I join my friends game within a few minuets or instantly it will say lost connection. Before it says that I can still do stuff like break blocks fly and place but when I break blocks I cant pick them up and when I go into new render distance like going down tunnel to hell or going to new biome the world doesn't load for me and I fall till it disconnects me but on my friends screen I fall through the blocks. I don't know what to do and it seems to get worse everyday I used to be able to stay connected while in spawn and actually play. But now wherever I am on the map it will disconnect me. This only happens in my friends world though I can play normally in my own world's and when my friends join my world what was happening to me happens to them. I need help.

Edit: also when I try to join them sometimes it will instantly say "lost connection" or it will get stuck at loading tile data at any percent then after awhile it will lose connection.

Last edited:
I've had this problem before but this is what I checked and did that seemed to fix it for awhile.
Host your own game and see if they also constantly disconnect as it could be a simple terraria issue with hosting games. Ask them if they have any workshop items that change NPC names and possibly reskins (check your workshop as well as some did make me crash upon entering a friends world) or what seemed to work the best was getting my friends to restart their pcs which seemed to fix the issue for at least a few days.

I've had this problem before but this is what I checked and did that seemed to fix it for awhile.
Host your own game and see if they also constantly disconnect as it could be a simple terraria issue with hosting games. Ask them if they have any workshop items that change NPC names and possibly reskins (check your workshop as well as some did make me crash upon entering a friends world) or what seemed to work the best was getting my friends to restart their pcs which seemed to fix the issue for at least a few days.
I checked with my friends and they don't have anything on in the workshop. and when they tried to join me it wouldn't let them into my world it stopped and tile data or just said lost connection

Have you got them to restart their pcs yet? If they have then i recommend sending a ticket out to technical support to see if it goes deeper than just a server issue or go onto the journeys end bug report page as it could also be a bug someone else is experiencing.

Have you got them to restart their pcs yet? If they have then i recommend sending a ticket out to technical support to see if it goes deeper than just a server issue or go onto the journeys end bug report page as it could also be a bug someone else is experiencing.
we have restarted and done everything but it is now worse it instantly says lost connection or found world and it will stay there I cant even join them now

Back
Top Bottom